Uk Citizen

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Uk Citizen

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 May 2018, 22:32

HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:I didn’t realise the change for this season - I must keep up!
I agree Webster counted on the overseas quota prior to gaining Greek or UK citizenship at some point between 2008 and 2017.
As he signed for Hull KR prior to the non-fed rules being introduced, he didn’t count on this though. I’ve not seen anything that suggests he did or still does. In fact, the presence of 7 other non-fed trained players in the Castleford squad over the past two seasons strongly suggests Webster doesn’t count, unless the RFL have allowed us to break the rules.
You need to get off the issue of lists. They don’t exist any more and got removed. They existed between 2008 and 2014, but think got cut out when licensing stopped.

There is only one list - that is overseas players. One of Rangi/Webster was exempt last season and one of Webster or Clark are exempt this season.

I believe the rules now state anyone with citizenship is exempt anyway.
Are you reading the rugby league rules?
The RFL’s operational rules state:
“A super league or championship club’s register and any declared 19 man squad for a match must have a maximum of 7 players who are not Federation Trained” (RFL Operational Rules 2018, B1:16).
It then goes on to define what constitutes a ‘federation trained’ player.
Section C1:4:2 then defines ‘quota’ players, of which clubs are allowed 5.
Here’s the link.
http://www.rugby-league.com/operational ... 018/#p=126

I reckon you just make stuff up as you go along and say it with such certainty that you think everyone will just agree. Unless I’m looking at the wrong operational rules?
Thanks for confirming what I’ve already said.

Yes, a maximum of 7 players who are not federation trained. That is 7 overseas players. It’s still one list comprised of 5 quota and 2 non-fed isn’t it? Or 3 quota, 4 non fed. Though thanks for pointing that second section out. I didn’t know the 5 quota limit still existed. By definition any overseas player is anyone outside of Europe/Canada.
Not necessarily. Anyone who signs from RU would be non-fed trained but not overseas. Gareth Thomas, for example, was considered as non-federation trained but not on the overseas quota. As was Harrison Hansen.
Back on the specific topic, I can’t see anything that says Jake Webster has ever counted as a non-federation trained player. He was on the overseas quota (but isn’t any more). The lists are separate (being an overseas player doesn’t automatically mean you are non-fed). He was on the overseas quota but isn’t anymore due to citizenship. He was never on the non-fed quota.
It was similar with Rangi Chase. He was on both the overseas and non-fed quota when he came over. Once he became a UK citizen he came off the overseas quota but remained on the non-fed quota.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 09 May 2018, 22:35

HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Bloody hell lads, does it matter.
You’re like 2 stags horns locked :D
I love a good argument with Hudds. I stopped coming on the forum in his absence as everyone was so sensible, or posted bloody articles everywhere.
In my experience, Hudds is a master at writing things so they sound like fact, when in fact he is just making it up as he goes along.
Except I’m the only person in this debate to actually provide written evidence and back it up, using respected publications and an official club website explaining the rules to their fans.

I’m not actually sure why we are even arguing over rules that were set a decade ago and have no relevance today. We both mutually agree that Webster should be exempt now and that Millington should too. I suggest we leave it there.
Ha ha! I reckon the RFL Operational rules gazump the Hull Daily Mail!
The written evidence you’ve provided shows Webster was counted on the overseas quota, not that he counts on the non-fed quota. It actually contradicts the argument you are making,
And I don’t agree that Webster and Millington are exempt.
Webster is exempt from both the overseas quota and the non-fed quota.
Millington will be exempt from the overseas quota when he gets citizenship, but will remain on the non-fed quota.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 May 2018, 22:48

Read the quote from the Hull site, where it explains in black and white that if someone counts on the quota, they count as non-fed too (unless played 3 seasons under age of 21 as with the current Operational Rules)

And read Operational Rules B1:19 where it clearly states players can apply to count as Federation Trained players where they satisfy the spirit of the rules or consider the circumstances relevant to that case are there to declare a player federation trained.

As such, Millo and Webster can both apply to be declared as Federation Trained given that they both have completed and obtained dual nationality and British citizenship, permitting the Board sanction it. There’s no reason they can’t, especially given the length of time both have been in this country and length of service.

Similarly in point B1:18 it points out that clubs can apply for players granted New Talent Pool status (eg players coming from rugby union) to be granted as Federation Trained too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 10 May 2018, 00:59

It’s really not that difficult. Players who had contracts registered before the 2008 cut-off date were entitled to dispensation by the RFL from the non-fed trained rules. Websters contract was registered by that date so he was entitled to be exempt. The fact that he didn’t play until after the cut off date is immaterial, the contract was already done before the new rules came into force.

He ceased to count on the overseas quota once he obtained a Greek passport.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 10 May 2018, 07:43

The Firm wrote:It’s really not that difficult. Players who had contracts registered before the 2008 cut-off date were entitled to dispensation by the RFL from the non-fed trained rules. Websters contract was registered by that date so he was entitled to be exempt. The fact that he didn’t play until after the cut off date is immaterial, the contract was already done before the new rules came into force.

He ceased to count on the overseas quota once he obtained a Greek passport.
It’s only Hudds that doesn’t understand.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 May 2018, 10:30

Shock horror
Anyway, regardless of our sitch DP seems reluctant to sign big name ‘foreigners’
Audacter Et Sincere