NEW SIGNING

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: NEW SIGNING

Post by Castiger2017 » 11 May 2018, 12:32

Holmes was very impressive last night.also with gale out for the foreseeable future and Roberts looking a shadow of his former self is be trying to tempt fev into a deal now.im sure Tom could slot straight back in with not much fuss.cant see them letting him go tho

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 May 2018, 12:53

Why would he leave first team rugby to come back and play 4th or 5th choice for us again.

Next season we should have Trueman back in the halves (hopefully), along with Roberts, Ellis and Gale.

The best hope we have is recruiting a full-back and that's it. Battle through the injuries this season, and get everyone fit and ready for the Super 8s and come under the radar.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 May 2018, 13:03

Fev certainly played with far more attacking flair than we have shown all season and Holmes played a huge part in that , Cas could be tempted to bring him back ( only signed for a season at Fev I believe) and I wouldn't imagine Tom as been overjoyed with being moved to full back of late to accomadate inferior duel reg Leeds players.
Will never understand why we let him go in the first place to bring in the likes of Aston and Ellis.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 May 2018, 13:18

alftupper wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Tom was showing what was to come last year then in the winter daftness he goes replaced by players he will be better than
agree about briscoe as well
It does make you wonder how Tom Holmes ended up at Fev and we added Cory Aston to our payroll

not kidding, shocking decision that

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 11 May 2018, 13:48

fords wrote:
alftupper wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Tom was showing what was to come last year then in the winter daftness he goes replaced by players he will be better than
agree about briscoe as well
It does make you wonder how Tom Holmes ended up at Fev and we added Cory Aston to our payroll

not kidding, shocking decision that
Well he was going to be behind gale and roberts for another year so wanted first team rugby so this was the best move for him all decided before october.
Since then we lost zak had ideas of switching benny to full back while powell brought a player Ellis who he knew alot about.
Also we lost Calum to union and it was seen a good idea to sure this loss up with aston not sure this was needed but long and short of it all is if Zak didnt get sacked banned ect this would have been a great move for Tom and still is. I am sure there are plenty of clubs looking at how he has gone on so far this year but his chances under powell last year were limited even when he came in and had strong games he would be dropped as soon as some one was back fit.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 May 2018, 14:12

Does it really make you wonder Alf?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 May 2018, 14:49

Holmes wanted first team rugby, he was clearly ready for it, his performance against Leeds at Magic Weekend last year was evident he was ready. Sure a few SL teams showed interest but ended up going to Fev has he wanted to stay local.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 May 2018, 15:16

I can't remember steve gills exact words at the time but he did seem to hint that tom would end up back at cas when the time was right.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 11 May 2018, 15:28

I thought Tom left of his own accord because he needed part time so he could concentrate on his business activities

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 May 2018, 15:47

chesterfieldtiger wrote:I thought Tom left of his own accord because he needed part time so he could concentrate on his business activities
Nah, that was Ash Robson.

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 11 May 2018, 16:20

Stand corrected

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 11 May 2018, 16:41

Fumper27 wrote:
chesterfieldtiger wrote:I thought Tom left of his own accord because he needed part time so he could concentrate on his business activities
Nah, that was Ash Robson.
Estate agent I believe. Makes plenty of money and a 50 year career if all goes well. Surprised more players don't do it. Rugby money just isn't enough to retire off.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 May 2018, 17:28

My guess would be that Tom left due to his desire to be playing first team rugby every week, and we just couldn't offer him that. I'd also guess that the reason for a 1 year contract only at Fev would have been with a view to him returning back to Cas when he'd proved himself weekly in the Championship and experienced guiding a team around the field constantly for 80 mins each week. He seems to be doing just that, and I think we'll see him back at the end of this year, but I'd be leaving him where he is for now and let him get a full seasons experience under his belt as a starting half.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 11 May 2018, 17:42

I also thought tom went because he needed part time because of his job?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 11 May 2018, 17:43

derbystiger wrote:
My guess would be that Tom left due to his desire to be playing first team rugby every week, and we just couldn't offer him that. I'd also guess that the reason for a 1 year contract only at Fev would have been with a view to him returning back to Cas when he'd proved himself weekly in the Championship and experienced guiding a team around the field constantly for 80 mins each week. He seems to be doing just that, and I think we'll see him back at the end of this year, but I'd be leaving him where he is for now and let him get a full seasons experience under his belt as a starting half.
Problem is he isn't getting in Fev team as a hlf due to Jordan Lilley needing game time on duel reg from Leeds. Last few weeks since Lilley came back from injury Tom as found himself having to slot in to the full back role.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 May 2018, 22:20

^^^ The joys of dual reg - the quicker its scrapped and reserve grade made compulsory for SL clubs the better

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 May 2018, 07:50

derbystiger wrote:^^^ The joys of dual reg - the quicker its scrapped and reserve grade made compulsory for SL clubs the better
here here, no wonder players want away for regular rugby.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 May 2018, 10:38

old cas lass wrote:
gateman wrote:were as it been reported we are having one ??

At the meeting other night.
Think Jon wells said it.
So when they going to tell us about these ?

Ladytiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ladytiger » 14 May 2018, 20:11

You could get more information from the mi5 than cas.. this is one area that lets the club down we never get updates regarding injuries or signings

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 May 2018, 20:21

Ladytiger wrote:You could get more information from the mi5 than cas.. this is one area that lets the club down we never get updates regarding injuries or signings

True.
Catalans have announced Tomkins straight after Wigan announced his leavening.

Saying that maybe all the paper work isn’t complete.
Sooner we’ve done our business and announced signings fans will be content and the club can get on with the season without speculation.