Full back

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Full back

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 21:45

This season is still salvageable IF we sign a fullback! Tonight highlighted just how make shift Shenton is at the back, granted Hitchcox did very little to help him at the back tonight!

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 24 May 2018, 22:08

heritage1926 wrote:This season is still salvageable IF we sign a fullback! Tonight highlighted just how make shift Shenton is at the back, granted Hitchcox did very little to help him at the back tonight!

Neither did minikin

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 May 2018, 22:13

Minikin needs a wake up call.....
Hitchcox was the better of the 2 and at least he put the ball down properly FFS.....id dare say would have finished the second one as well

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 22:30

If jake is fit for next week I’d be putting gill on the wing with Webster in the center.
Minikin is sitting on his laurels, seems very half hearted.
Just bring a championship full back in, let’s get our three quarter line sorted, hopefully Eden will be back next week, but he needs shenny as his center.
Not much we can do with Ellis he as to play. His goal kicking was shabby to say the least tonight.
Forwards went ok, don’t think they were dominated at all.
Just our backs were atrocious.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 22:44

We got carried away against leeds simple truth was they made us look better than we are
To be at this stage of the season and stil playing without a reconised full-back is madness
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 May 2018, 00:08

I'm coming to the conclusion Eden may be our best option for full back for the rest of the season. Maybe with a decent loanee winger (Manfred is back training and may struggle for game time!)

At least Eden has played their plenty, he's quick, he's a threat and is probably the best chance of regaining fluidity in attack. His defence is poor, but our defence is dire anyway at present.

I'd probably go
Eden
Hitchcox
Webster (Egodu if webbo is still injured)
Shenton
Minikin (following a dressing down)
Trueman
Mcshane
Watts
Milner
JSL
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Massey

Foster
Cook
O Neil
Moors

Vs Hull KR

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 25 May 2018, 00:28

KB80 wrote:I'm coming to the conclusion Eden may be our best option for full back for the rest of the season. Maybe with a decent loanee winger (Manfred is back training and may struggle for game time!)

At least Eden has played their plenty, he's quick, he's a threat and is probably the best chance of regaining fluidity in attack. His defence is poor, but our defence is dire anyway at present.

I'd probably go
Eden
Hitchcox
Shenton
Trueman
Mcshane
Watts
Milner
JSL
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Massey

Foster
Cook
O Neil
Moors

Vs Hull KR
I think moors will miss next week as he never returned after going off.ideal chance to give mitch clarke ago and see how he goes in SL.eden in minikin out,he had 3 chances to get ball down and failed with every single 1 of them.i think our players has to get abit of passion in their defence there was to many soft trys on our goal line and some times players just didnt make attempt to tackle as though theyd just given up.they all need to take a long look in the mirror and perform way better than what they displayed tonight

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 May 2018, 00:31

Moors should be ok for next week with a head knock. You can play on the 6th day so the only game you would miss is usually a Thurs game after playing Sunday, providing you pass all the protocols.

If Eden is fit, I’d get both of him and Gill in and go something like:

Eden
Hitchcox
Shenton
Webster
Gill
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 25 May 2018, 01:00

So much pressure on FB now. It's a poisoned chalice. I dont think Eden has the minerals to come in after an injury and only a few games this season, to perform at FB. He was never that good there under normal circumstances.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 25 May 2018, 01:04

Turner
Jy
Shenton
Webbo
Eden/Gill

Time to play a FB at FB
Eden needs to be getting confidence in his strike position

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 25 May 2018, 13:54

Gill Turner O'Neill will not get a call up as these players have come through the system DP never gives the lads that have come through the system a go now Trueman never came through the system sign last year Egodu never came through lets see who he plays next week hope DP proves me wrong

caslad69
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by caslad69 » 25 May 2018, 14:07

Weareone wrote:Gill Turner O'Neill will not get a call up as these players have come through the system DP never gives the lads that have come through the system a go now Trueman never came through the system sign last year Egodu never came through lets see who he plays next week hope DP proves me wrong
Scandalous that these kids don’t get a chance especially Turner who with how much we have struggled at full back. For god sake he is a England international in the position however DP chooses everyone to have a go except the lad. I think now is surely the time to give him a go.... he can’t do any worse than those who have already been tried there

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 25 May 2018, 14:17

You look back on the lads who came through the system you have to go back years brandon another one out of contract this year came through the system but not given a chance DP is a good coach but why is he not the best at giving the lads that have give 5/6 years to cas a go

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 May 2018, 14:46

caslad69 wrote:
Weareone wrote:Gill Turner O'Neill will not get a call up as these players have come through the system DP never gives the lads that have come through the system a go now Trueman never came through the system sign last year Egodu never came through lets see who he plays next week hope DP proves me wrong
Scandalous that these kids don’t get a chance especially Turner who with how much we have struggled at full back. For god sake he is a England international in the position however DP chooses everyone to have a go except the lad. I think now is surely the time to give him a go.... he can’t do any worse than those who have already been tried there
It would also allow the likes of Shenny to play in their optimal position, reducing the risks even further.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 25 May 2018, 15:27

A friend of mine was a guest in the Executive suit after the game courtesy of an ex St Helens legend and Cas player (?) who said that FB now in SL is a crucial part of any teams make up,why Cas are struggling is that this is one of the reasons. He was asked his views on youth in SL and said you have to nurture youngster as their bodies/muscles/joints are still developing and a serious injury (ACL) can finish a youngsters career. He was asked about Aussie players and their financial rewards to which he said NRL players on average are earning 900,000 to 1 million dollars (Aus) and the likelyhood of them (better quality) coming to the UK is nil. He stated that he would have liked the ex-saints legend to "coach the current Saints centres in this art as they were poor"(lol)
Also he stated that Saints were very very impressed with McMeeken

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 May 2018, 15:52

exactly, powell gave gill a chance last year and he did his knee ligaments first game. would the player be PN?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Est.1926

Post by Est.1926 » 25 May 2018, 16:05

KB80 wrote:I'm coming to the conclusion Eden may be our best option for full back for the rest of the season. Maybe with a decent loanee winger (Manfred is back training and may struggle for game time!)

I'd probably go
Eden
Hitchcox
Shenton
Trueman
Mcshane
Watts
Milner
JSL
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Massey

Foster
Cook
O Neil
Moors

Vs Hull KR
1. Eden
2. Hitchcox
3. Egodo
4. Shenton
5. Gill
6. McShane
7. Trueman
8. Watts
9. Milner
10. Jesse Sene-Lefao
11. Holmes
12. McMeeken
13. Foster
Subs:
14. Webster
15. Moors
16. Millington
17. Clark

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 25 May 2018, 16:07

HuddsTigers wrote:Moors should be ok for next week with a head knock. You can play on the 6th day so the only game you would miss is usually a Thurs game after playing Sunday, providing you pass all the protocols.

If Eden is fit, I’d get both of him and Gill in and go something like:

Eden
Hitchcox
Shenton
Webster
Gill
Players miss Thursday after a Saturday game too.

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 25 May 2018, 16:09

lurcher wrote:exactly, powell gave gill a chance last year and he did his knee ligaments first game. would the player be PN?
:clap: :clap:

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 May 2018, 22:14

Sounds like Will Dagger played well today. Albeit in the halfs. Only seen him a few times but been impressed in the main. Be a decent option as a squad player/full back if Hull KR go down.