Magic Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Magic Squad

Post by duke street 10 » 18 May 2018, 20:34

Kiicking game needs to be very good...and varied.

The high kick to the corner for our wingers to contest is great if we had wingers the size and height of Kirk Dixon & Solomona, but we don't have now so why bother? :-k

I would aim bombs at the goal posts, grubber kicks at the post pads. reverse grubber kicks behind the defensive line (see Gale's kick for Millington at Headingley last year) mix it up...keep them guessing!

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 18 May 2018, 20:45

TT Tiger wrote:Is it time to try something different?

How about
1 Shenton
2 Gill
3 Wardle
4 Minikin
5 Hitchcox
6 Ellis
7 Truman
8 JSL
9 mcshane
10 Watts
11 Mcmeekan
12 Holmes
13 Milner

14 Millington
15 Moors
16 Foster
17 Cook/Massey

Minikin tore Leeds apart at Elland road. It’s another wide football pitch I would like to see plenty of pace in the back line. If Webster is 50/50 give him a rest. And what a strong pack we have now.
Usually I would say we really need Webster especially with their backs, however maybe you are right about having the pace on this big pitch. (If Webster does play it would be nice to see wardle go into the backs as he was starting to look good there)
Agree with having trueman in the halves. We looked a lot more dangerous with him there last week. Still got one hell of a pack which will hopefully be the difference.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 May 2018, 22:53

lidds wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:Is it time to try something different?

How about
1 Shenton
2 Gill
3 Wardle
4 Minikin
5 Hitchcox
6 Ellis
7 Truman
8 JSL
9 mcshane
10 Watts
11 Mcmeekan
12 Holmes
13 Milner

14 Millington
15 Moors
16 Foster
17 Cook/Massey

Minikin tore Leeds apart at Elland road. It’s another wide football pitch I would like to see plenty of pace in the back line. If Webster is 50/50 give him a rest. And what a strong pack we have now.
Usually I would say we really need Webster especially with their backs, however maybe you are right about having the pace on this big pitch. (If Webster does play it would be nice to see wardle go into the backs as he was starting to look good there)
Agree with having trueman in the halves. We looked a lot more dangerous with him there last week. Still got one hell of a pack which will hopefully be the difference.
Where have we got the big pitch from. it is quite wide but around the same length as our very own small pitch at the Jungle, although I doubt many pundits will mention this at all.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 19 May 2018, 11:02

duke street 10 wrote:Kiicking game needs to be very good...and varied.

The high kick to the corner for our wingers to contest is great if we had wingers the size and height of Kirk Dixon & Solomona, but we don't have now so why bother? :-k

I would aim bombs at the goal posts, grubber kicks at the post pads. reverse grubber kicks behind the defensive line (see Gale's kick for Millington at Headingley last year) mix it up...keep them guessing!
Agree, although the only decent kick Ellis put in at the goal posts last week Shenny tackled Barba in the air, gave the penalty and they marched down field and scored! What should have been a drop out turned into a conceded try. I’m one of the first to criticise Ellis, but the chasers need to do their job correctly too - small margins. These are the little things that aren’t quite clicking at the moment, but they will I’m sure.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2018, 18:12

Shenton
Minikin
Webster
Foster
Jy
Ellis
Trueman
Watts
Mcshane
Jesse
Wardle
Mcmeeken
Milner

Moors
Millington
Holmes
Massey.

There you have it.

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 19 May 2018, 18:46

Should be good enough too do the job. C'mon Cas!!!!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2018, 18:50

usacas wrote:Should be good enough too do the job. C'mon Cas!!!!

Main worry is the backs.
Up against hall Watkins especially the high ball.
Forwards should stream roll there pack.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 May 2018, 22:28

wonder if that's why we went for fozzy in the centre, had Watkins in his back pocket.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 May 2018, 22:45

lurcher wrote:wonder if that's why we went for fozzy in the centre, had Watkins in his back pocket.

While shenny is at full back I’d keep foster at left center, he looks a natural.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 May 2018, 23:36

old cas lass wrote:
lurcher wrote:wonder if that's why we went for fozzy in the centre, had Watkins in his back pocket.

While shenny is at full back I’d keep foster at left center, he looks a natural.
Hardly, great effort from Foster but he made no effort to pass the ball all afternoon, but did a job.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 May 2018, 01:09

Sharlotiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Hardly, great effort from Foster but he made no effort to pass the ball all afternoon, but did a job.
So shenton 2.0 then? ;)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 May 2018, 03:20

the machine wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

So shenton 2.0 then? ;)
Absolutely!