No longer a rumour.... ZH

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: No longer a rumour.... ZH

Post by Aid » 12 Jun 2018, 18:39

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Aid wrote:According the "Nosey" (yes I know!) in this week's League Weekly Wigan have offered Cas £50,000 compensation on the basis that Cas drop their legal case. Apparently Zac's contract with Cas had a clause that gives the club every right to sue him for beach of contract and that Cas have started legal action.
I wouldn’t believe a word he writes. You don’t have to have a specific clause in a contract to be able to sue for BoC. He clearly breached his contract (by his own admission, and as detailed in the WADA judgement) and is therefore liable for any financial loss.
I have paraphrased the article. Think what his "contact" has told him is that the way the contract is written gives Cas the right to sue. NOT that there is a clause that specifically says that "the Castleford Tigers have the right to sue in event of Hardaker breaching this contract". If it is true that Cas are taking legal action then one can only assume that the way the contract was written DOES, according to the Cas legal team, mean that Cas have a very good chance of winning a court case. (Nosey has to be right once in a while, hope that this is one of them)
cum on you Ford

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Jun 2018, 18:46

Aid wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Aid wrote:According the "Nosey" (yes I know!) in this week's League Weekly Wigan have offered Cas £50,000 compensation on the basis that Cas drop their legal case. Apparently Zac's contract with Cas had a clause that gives the club every right to sue him for beach of contract and that Cas have started legal action.
I wouldn’t believe a word he writes. You don’t have to have a specific clause in a contract to be able to sue for BoC. He clearly breached his contract (by his own admission, and as detailed in the WADA judgement) and is therefore liable for any financial loss.
I have paraphrased the article. Think what his "contact" has told him is that the way the contract is written gives Cas the right to sue. NOT that there is a clause that specifically says that "the Castleford Tigers have the right to sue in event of Hardaker breaching this contract". If it is true that Cas are taking legal action then one can only assume that the way the contract was written DOES, according to the Cas legal team, mean that Cas have a very good chance of winning a court case. (Nosey has to be right once in a while, hope that this is one of them)
He shouldn’t need a “contact” to know that a player who breaches his contract can be sued for breach of contract! I’ve said all along that it’s a stronger case for BoC than the Solomona case.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Jun 2018, 10:12

Making himself ineligible to play when on a playing contract kind of kills any defence. We can prove from various occasions how we've helped players and staff with problems. He knew where he could go for help but chose the bottle and drugs.

He could have shown remorse and a willingness to pay his employers back by staying and be rehabilitated in house, agreeabley on an appropriate contact. He chose the money and now we'll take it instead.

If he's on a purported 140k. Then 40k a year is a start. I think I could live on 100k a year at a push!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Jun 2018, 10:35

Thing is, what if Zak does it again while at Wigan and they also sack him.
Our money will be lost.
Just hope Wigan pays it for him and Wigan then claims it back off his wages.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2018, 11:22

i dont know if wigan have offered cas 50 grand if they have and weve not accepted it id be surprised
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 13 Jun 2018, 11:41

Should just take 50k and escare. They’ve got one of ours for nothing, we should take theirs

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2018, 11:45

we sacked him i dont see how they have to give us owt ,if they have offered 50 grand to stop us going after him in court we should take it
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Jun 2018, 12:05

tigerfeat wrote:i dont know if wigan have offered cas 50 grand if they have and weve not accepted it id be surprised
Surely a successful case would bring more.
My worry is the mental health aspect of his appeal in UKAD trial.
It treads the line of diminished responsibility and uses personal/ historical mitigating circumstances. People cite the Mutu case. Isn't this one very different?
I am all for it don't get me wrong. Someone needs to pay the club. But my fear is it may not be as cut and dry as some suggest.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Jun 2018, 12:31

When we signed ZH it was for a season long loan with the option to make permanent. Think the loan fee was 60k and the make-up was 90k.

Bearing in mind that we got 150k for the LLS, of which ZH was a key part, I'd be happy to take 50k now and avoid any more court cases.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Jun 2018, 12:45

Spanishtiger wrote:When we signed ZH it was for a season long loan with the option to make permanent. Think the loan fee was 60k and the make-up was 90k.

Bearing in mind that we got 150k for the LLS, of which ZH was a key part, I'd be happy to take 50k now and avoid any more court cases.
We wanted him back, or Wells and I assume Powell did. I hear we offered and then reoffered to match Wigan initially but were turned down. If we had have been in a position to sell ZH we would have got 150k+ so surely we would be looking at that. But like I said before I don't know where we stand regarding the mental health aspect of his case.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Jun 2018, 13:13

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:When we signed ZH it was for a season long loan with the option to make permanent. Think the loan fee was 60k and the make-up was 90k.

We wanted him back, or Wells and I assume Powell did. I hear we offered and then reoffered to match Wigan initially but were turned down. If we had have been in a position to sell ZH we would have got 150k+ so surely we would be looking at that. But like I said before I don't know where we stand regarding the mental health aspect of his case.
So you’re saying we RE-offered the highest ever salary in the history of the club? To match Wigan? According to many people Hardaker is on £125k + performance related payments. Interesting if so and I look forward to some big signings to come.
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jun 2018, 13:23

final offer was between 110 -115 grand ,with some kind of promise to up it in time if he stayed out of trouble
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 14 Jun 2018, 13:27

tigerfeat wrote:final offer was between 110 -115 grand ,with some kind of promise to up it in time if he stayed out of trouble
Looks like we have plenty of money then to invest in a quality full back rather than these youngsters we are being linked with.
What we need is an established player who Turner can learn and develop with over the next couple of seasons.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Jun 2018, 13:55

tigerfeat wrote:final offer was between 110 -115 grand ,with some kind of promise to up it in time if he stayed out of trouble
Correct. Wigan offered 140K per season and a job until November. We didn't come close.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Jun 2018, 14:02

Tigerade wrote:
Correct. Wigan offered 140K per season and a job until November. We didn't come close.
So we sacked him 2 days after finding out and apparently sorted him out with a job ?

Zak then pleaded with us to keep him even on minimum wage. We offered him something which he said wasn't enough.

Wigan came in with 140k

We came back with 115k max

So he choose the cash

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Jun 2018, 14:19

Sharlotiger wrote:
Looks like we have plenty of money then to invest in a quality full back rather than these youngsters we are being linked with.
What we need is an established player who Turner can learn and develop with over the next couple of seasons.
Most was reinvested into Liam Watts I imagine.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 14 Jun 2018, 14:20

fords wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
So we sacked him 2 days after finding out and apparently sorted him out with a job ?

Zak then pleaded with us to keep him even on minimum wage. We offered him something which he said wasn't enough.

Wigan came in with 140k

We came back with 115k max

So he choose the cash
Not far off although 500 quid a week for doing naff-all behind a desk could hardly be described as the minimum wage. The club didn't employ him - it was one of our sponsors. By facilitating him a job in this way puts the club in a good light if it went to a tribunal. There is also a duty of care to uphold - and of course the "state of mind" project.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Jun 2018, 14:31

Money talks and i dont blame him for taking it, most of us would do the same if we was offered more money to move jobs
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Jun 2018, 14:39

jackknife wrote:Money talks and i dont blame him for taking it, most of us would do the same if we was offered more money to move jobs
Depends if my old employer is going to come after me for more than the extra money I’m earning.......

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 Jun 2018, 09:51

old cas lass wrote:Thing is, what if Zak does it again while at Wigan and they also sack him.
Our money will be lost.
Just hope Wigan pays it for him and Wigan then claims it back off his wages.
If we are successful first, we get first call on the amount.