No longer a rumour.... ZH

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: No longer a rumour.... ZH

Post by Fumper27 » 22 May 2018, 11:06

tigerfeat wrote:new fullback
eden
shenton
new center
minikin
trueman
gale
watts
mcshane
massey
sene lafao
mcmeeken
foster
millington moors holmes wardle
know who my money would be on if we play wigan first game of next season
Mamo at full back
Williame / Webster in the centre
Job done

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 May 2018, 11:39

c'mon wrote:I hear Powell prefers KFC or Pizza Hut, both serve Pepsi.

I'm told Zac is more into McD's or Subway because he prefers Coke

Have to admit I grew up in an era when the advert on TV said they would like to buy the world a coke and keep it company
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 22 May 2018, 11:45

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If Wigan came in for Powell does anyone think he would go?

Bigger club, better players and more money to spend?

Would this be a step up or sideways?

How many coaches would turn Wigan down with a big pay rise in the offing?

Does anyone think that Wigan won’t be interested in DP?

Look to the future, which club has the brighter one just now?

I really hope he stays with Cas but if he decides to go, if offered of course, then who could blame him if he went?
not sure for how long though. they've incurred heavy losses the last few years and owe millions. lenagan seems to be getting desperate for money and they've no ground to sell this time.
incidentally does any one know how much rent they pay for the DW?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 May 2018, 12:36

It looks like bateman and sutton going to nrl who knows what will happen to hardaker replacing tomkins i can see there next coach coming under a lot of pressure if they dont make a good start
if powell was thinking of moving it would be 12 miles up road
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 11:33

Just reading an interview Zak did and i find this real interesting;
I tried to stay at Cas, i said to them (doesn't state who) 'Look, can you keep me on, pay me minimum wage, can you keep me on...'

I expressed that i wanted to stay. They did offer me a contract but it was a low one. My solicitors' fees were through the roof and the contract didn't match up to the fees, so i said 'Look, i can't take that because my fees are nearly as much as my wage'. I think they understood and then for four or five months, i heard nothing.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 May 2018, 11:38

heritage1926 wrote:Just reading an interview Zak did and i find this real interesting;
I tried to stay at Cas, i said to them (doesn't state who) 'Look, can you keep me on, pay me minimum wage, can you keep me on...'

I expressed that i wanted to stay. They did offer me a contract but it was a low one. My solicitors' fees were through the roof and the contract didn't match up to the fees, so i said 'Look, i can't take that because my fees are nearly as much as my wage'. I think they understood and then for four or five months, i heard nothing.
He begged to stay on minimum wage but the couldn’t accept the contract that was offered?
He says what he thinks people want to hear. Complete tool.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 May 2018, 12:29

I reckon he thinks we are as daft as he is thinking we'll believe the rubbish he's coming out with at the moment. I'm in agreement with Notts here, complete tool!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 May 2018, 12:35

I'm very confident that his tool like tendencies will result in it all ending in tears for him at Wigan. I won't shed any for him when that day comes. In fact, I'm quite looking forward to it...

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 May 2018, 12:51

he'll be just like rangi, won't be able to stay out of ponty at weekends. there'll be plenty as daft as him looking to take him down a peg and he's incapable of walking away.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 24 May 2018, 14:38

He's the equivalent of a round door handle and talks absolute *ollocks. The amount of crap he is spouting is unbelievable.
🐯 COYF!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 May 2018, 15:18

I posted the following in one of the (many) other threads on ZH:

I fully appreciate he will be enemy no 1 from now on but my reading of his comments are that he asked Cas to keep him on as an employee on minimum wage and not playing rugby whilst the interim period of the investigation, then ban, was running.

Then, as the length of the ban was coming clear he was offered a playing contract by Cas that was below what he is actually worth as a player so took the more generous offer from Wigan.

It's not rocket science and I'm sure Cas offered what they felt what the right price for a player who had let them down, with potential for further indiscretion.

The comments also indicate he is expected to pay his legal fees and these were not provided by Wigan.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 15:24

I wonder if the club will take legal action over his breach of contract, or will we let it ride.
I’d like to see us at least try and get a percentage of the 150k back.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 May 2018, 16:01

old cas lass wrote:I wonder if the club will take legal action over his breach of contract, or will we let it ride.
I’d like to see us at least try and get a percentage of the 150k back.
Hope so. Hound him for every penny we can get.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 May 2018, 17:53

Sorry - it doesn't make sense.

If Zak had an income guaranteed Cas enough to cover his mortgage payments, and the security of a contract on his return, why would he pay out costs for a legal bill he wasn't guaranteed to win?

Surely he'd take the deal (given he's got a deal on his return) and sack off the legal chase and take the ban as it was. Sorry, it completely doesn't make sense. :roll:
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 May 2018, 18:11

HuddsTigers wrote:Sorry - it doesn't make sense.

If Zak had an income guaranteed Cas enough to cover his mortgage payments, and the security of a contract on his return, why would he pay out costs for a legal bill he wasn't guaranteed to win?

Surely he'd take the deal (given he's got a deal on his return) and sack off the legal chase and take the ban as it was. Sorry, it completely doesn't make sense. :roll:
It will make less sense when he realises that if Cas sue him for BoC, he’ll be sending most of that extra money our way.
If he was offered 80k by Cas and 130k by Wigan (let’s assume both on a four year deal) then he’ll earn 200k more over the four years. If Cas sue him for BoC, he’ll owe us the money wasted on his transfer fee, the money we spend on a replacement and he’ll have to cover our legal costs. It will add up to more than the extra money he’s getting paid.
As per usual though, he’s far too stupid to realise this.
I hope we persue him with the vigour we perused Solomona. In my view Zak’s case is worse - at least we got Solomona for nothing - and it’s a more straightforward case with a clear precedent. For all those criticising Steve Gill, he was the one who made sure we fought the Solomona case and came out on top. I hope we have someone else with that kind of integrity and determination to make sure we’re not just going to let Zak walk off into the sunset and leave us out of pocket.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 18:14

nottinghamtiger wrote:

It will make less sense when he realises that if Cas sue him for BoC, he’ll be sending most of that extra money our way.
If he was offered 80k by Cas and 130k by Wigan (let’s assume both on a four year deal) then he’ll earn 200k more over the four years. If Cas sue him for BoC, he’ll owe us the money wasted on his transfer fee, the money we spend on a replacement and he’ll have to cover our legal costs. It will add up to more than the extra money he’s getting paid.
I hope we persue him with the vigour we perused Solomona. In my view Zak’s case is worse - at least we got Solomona for nothing - and it’s a more straightforward case with a clear precedent. For all those criticising Steve Gill, he was the one who made sure we fought the Solomona case and came out on top. I hope we have someone else with that kind of integrity and determination to make sure we’re not just going to let Zak walk off into the sunset and leave us out of pocket.
Hope Jon wells on the case as we write.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 May 2018, 18:33

old cas lass wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Hope Jon wells on the case as we write.
I don’t, I hope he’s focusing on today’s game :) :) :)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 May 2018, 00:32

I hope he was signing up a defensive full back.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 May 2018, 13:39

Can't see cas suing ZH...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 May 2018, 10:46

Flat Capper wrote:Can't see cas suing ZH...
I think there needs to be serious questions asked if we don’t. We aren’t a club who can afford to waste £150,000 to see a player breach his contract and walk off into the sunset. I thought that with the Solomona saga, we’d sent the message out that we are not a club to be taken advantage of. Allowing Hardaker to get away with a very similar course of action would seem to suggest that players can simply breach their contract and go elsewhere without any kind of repercussion.

Hardaker has said of his dismissal:
“I wasn’t surprised because I’d breached my contract, so it was fair enough.”

So the player has admitted to breaching his contract (which was obvious anyway given his suspension) and will be earning a very good wage come later this year. Why on earth the club wound not sue him is beyond me, and failure to do so would suggest the club is not running as a professional business. By not suing him, we are flushing the £150,000 down the toilet, which is not the hallmark of a professionally run club.