Over to you cas tigers....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Smudger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Over to you cas tigers....

Post by Smudger » 18 May 2018, 21:22

As someone in the game told me today, the only losers are the club and the fans, the player has ended up with a bonus.
If the RFL and the clubs think this is ok, then the Super League contracts are flawed and something needs changing. He should have remained under contract even though he was banned, the club shouldn't have to pay wages when he is suspended - he was the one who did the wrong thing.
You don't want to do it like that! :) :) :)

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 19 May 2018, 00:00

Smudger wrote:As someone in the game told me today, the only losers are the club and the fans, the player has ended up with a bonus.
If the RFL and the clubs think this is ok, then the Super League contracts are flawed and something needs changing. He should have remained under contract even though he was banned, the club shouldn't have to pay wages when he is suspended - he was the one who did the wrong thing.
He was under contract until he was sacked and you have to pay his wages when suspended as it's employment law.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 May 2018, 02:26

Theres abit in his interview I really don't get he makes out like from November he was on minimum wage did we not pay him till his sacking? He crys poverty said he had to buy a different house how did he have any with little income to please a mortgage company lots of questions still open imo Did we ineed pay him to the day he was sacked which also seemed to be the day every man cat and dog knew he was off to wigan the whole thing stinks. The interview was like the zak show and not at one point did I think he actually genuinely has changed imo the only way he actually feels any repercussions from this is if cas drag him through the courts.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 May 2018, 05:54

Is there a chance that wigan paid us to sack him? In some sort of gamble from wigan, heres 30k sack him and we'll send our legal team in. Steve Gill accepts to try and at least get something back without full backing of the club, people at the club fall out with steve gill making his job to stressful to carry on so he resigned.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 May 2018, 07:10

betts21 wrote:Theres abit in his interview I really don't get he makes out like from November he was on minimum wage did we not pay him till his sacking? He crys poverty said he had to buy a different house how did he have any with little income to please a mortgage company lots of questions still open imo Did we ineed pay him to the day he was sacked which also seemed to be the day every man cat and dog knew he was off to wigan the whole thing stinks. The interview was like the zak show and not at one point did I think he actually genuinely has changed imo the only way he actually feels any repercussions from this is if cas drag him through the courts.
Someone told me he had said hed being sacked a few weeks after the grand final dont know if that was true
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 19 May 2018, 12:23

He was sacked in October.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 May 2018, 12:38

jackknife wrote:Is there a chance that wigan paid us to sack him? In some sort of gamble from wigan, heres 30k sack him and we'll send our legal team in. Steve Gill accepts to try and at least get something back without full backing of the club, people at the club fall out with steve gill making his job to stressful to carry on so he resigned.
Are you intimating that there could have been a back hander somewhere for somebody!?
Audacter Et Sincere

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 20 May 2018, 09:59

I seem to think that most players contracts only run until November to be fair so that may be why he said he’d been on minimum wage since then or also because he was sacked.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 20 May 2018, 10:18

bane73 wrote:He was sacked in October.
Why did we only announce it in February then? All seems very strange. However I rember a statement from Powell when this all came out saying he was no longer under contract as he'd been sacked. But the club also commented that a when the ukada findings were done theyou would comment further yet we've had nothing?

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 20 May 2018, 10:23

a guy in strbut its only a matter of time before he goes of rails eet takes drugs he jailed for 3-9 month
zak takes drugs his reward a bigger contract at wigan
him nor wigan have any morals ...its only a metter of time before he is off the rails again

we should be trying to get that full back from leigh great under high ball and lots of speed

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2018, 10:29

betts21 wrote:
bane73 wrote:He was sacked in October.
Why did we only announce it in February then? All seems very strange. However I rember a statement from Powell when this all came out saying he was no longer under contract as he'd been sacked. But the club also commented that a when the ukada findings were done theyou would comment further yet we've had nothing?
It as all the looks of a monumentel pecker up
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 May 2018, 10:30

I didnt say pecker either
Vince Lombardi