Saints uo next

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Saints uo next

Post by ERG2012 » 23 May 2018, 15:29

duke street 10 wrote:It shouldn't be that difficult a transition for Roberts to play right centre. He defends that side of the field and in attack he one in from Webster usually.

I agree with some other posters why change around a backline that went well last time out?
Exactly. Plus he's played centre in Australia. Far far easier transition to make and make effectively than going to fullback. Plus as folks say - defensively solid. Also adds something more in attack due to he can kick with his left peg

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 May 2018, 18:34

duke street 10 wrote:It shouldn't be that difficult a transition for Roberts to play right centre. He defends that side of the field and in attack he one in from Webster usually.

I agree with some other posters why change around a backline that went well last time out?
He was playing left centre on the pictures. I assume Foster will shuffle across to the right.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 23 May 2018, 18:37

HuddsTigers wrote:

He was playing left centre on the pictures. I assume Foster will shuffle across to the right.
Shame that. I would have left Foster at left centre.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 23 May 2018, 18:37

HuddsTigers wrote:

So Fozzy will be testing himself against Percival?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 May 2018, 12:14

Looking forward to this one now match day is here.

Watched the rerun of the Magic win and the tactics are a blue print for tonight.

Run straight and hard early doors. Hit even harder in defence. Grind out repeat sets. It's not really the style of last year but it suits our playing resources at the moment.

Watching Saturday's win again, Joe W & Jake ran some cracking straight lines either side of the middles - some work to pick up there by other players.

Overall, it's great that we are competitive going into these big games.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 24 May 2018, 14:20

SuffolkTiger wrote:Looking forward to this one now match day is here.

Watched the rerun of the Magic win and the tactics are a blue print for tonight.

Run straight and hard early doors. Hit even harder in defence. Grind out repeat sets. It's not really the style of last year but it suits our playing resources at the moment.

Watching Saturday's win again, Joe W & Jake ran some cracking straight lines either side of the middles - some work to pick up there by other players.

Overall, it's great that we are competitive going into these big games.
If you are right, the way we targeted young Walker, who is an exceptional talent, is the way to defuse Barba.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 24 May 2018, 19:07

Daryl reads my tactical suggestions. Clearly.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 May 2018, 19:40

Are you Daryl!