Barmy bookies

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Barmy bookies

Post by lidds » 23 May 2018, 23:06

Nu Shooze wrote:Seem to recall, when DP signed his new deal, Steve Gill mentioning a clause, inserted at Daryl’s insistence, preventing him going anywhere before that agreement has run its course.
Found this quote

Powell, 51, said: "Although I signed a five-year contract a few years ago there was a get-out clause at the end of next season which both the club and myself wanted to get rid of.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 23 May 2018, 23:49

:clap:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 May 2018, 06:46

tigerfeat wrote:Bloke that works in bet fred shop said theyd layed too big bets on powell at 10s yesterday , hate to see people lose there money
Alot of people will have backed him that's why the price has dropped
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 May 2018, 07:18

lidds wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:Seem to recall, when DP signed his new deal, Steve Gill mentioning a clause, inserted at Daryl’s insistence, preventing him going anywhere before that agreement has run its course.
Found this quote

Powell, 51, said: "Although I signed a five-year contract a few years ago there was a get-out clause at the end of next season which both the club and myself wanted to get rid of.
So how many years does he have left?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 08:46

Don't read too much in to it. Someone in Wigan will of put their weekly gyro on DP and the bookies have slashed his price. I see Wigan fans on Twitter are trying to get under Cas fans skins, so we must be doing something right!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 08:50

I dont know how many times dp will talk to the media today all he has to bob into the conversation is ..i wont be going to wigan
end of
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 May 2018, 08:59

no yardage in this DP will be with us for a number of years, A CAS lad with his feet on the ground

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 24 May 2018, 09:12

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
lidds wrote:
Found this quote

So how many years does he have left?
3 year, including this year I think.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 10:05

smarty_tiger wrote:RichieS on the pie forums telling them all to put money on it being DP. When asked if he was that confident he said he was. I hope it is just bs.
no set of supporters in sport that i know have the arrogance of wigan,i saw someone on there forum had put ,cas have won nothing of note theve had one good year and are back to being also rans,hope we ram them words back down his pie eating throat in early october
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 May 2018, 11:22

[quote="tigerfeat"]I dont know how many times dp will talk to the media today all he has to bob into the conversation is ..i wont be going to wigan
end of[/qu

look at it another way if you were manager off asda your most local supermarket which first started in cas and you loved it and was on a decent wage lets say 70thousand a year you have a familly and young kids to support you loved you job . But then the biggest supermarket tescos who you want fond off phoned you up and offerd you 140thousand a year what would you do stay loyal dont think so end off day its all about the money .

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 11:57

Anyone who is panicking on the basis that Wigan fans on social media and forums are adamanent that DP is Wigan bound are even more gullible than i thought. Powell has made it well known that he will leave only for the England job, which won't be too far on the horizon i wouldn't of thought.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 May 2018, 12:06

heritage1926 wrote:Anyone who is panicking on the basis that Wigan fans on social media and forums are adamanent that DP is Wigan bound are even more gullible than i thought. Powell has made it well known that he will leave only for the England job, which won't be too far on the horizon i wouldn't of thought.
I think opposite your gullible if you think any body would not leave for more money I only hope cas have a counter over ready to up is wage encase powell is approached if your quote is right he should be on microphone today saying no way he would go but this wont happen

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 12:14

flow wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Anyone who is panicking on the basis that Wigan fans on social media and forums are adamanent that DP is Wigan bound are even more gullible than i thought. Powell has made it well known that he will leave only for the England job, which won't be too far on the horizon i wouldn't of thought.
I think opposite your gullible if you think any body would not leave for more money I only hope cas have a counter over ready to up is wage encase powell is approached if your quote is right he should be on microphone today saying no way he would go but this wont happen
But who's saying he'd be on more money? people are just assuming he would be because it's Wigan. Really wouldn't suprised me if Powell is earning more at Cas than Wane is at Wigan. Look at their rosta the last few years, they've hardly been splashing the cash have they.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 24 May 2018, 12:20

heritage1926 wrote:
flow wrote:
But who's saying he'd be on more money? people are just assuming he would be because it's Wigan. Really wouldn't suprised me if Powell is earning more at Cas than Wane is at Wigan. Look at their rosta the last few years, they've hardly been splashing the cash have they.
really you think powell on more money then wane they wont even pay for hotel for team in Newcastle lol why do you think raper when to wigan after doing well for cas for the love off the wigan fans or money

Toffycat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Toffycat » 24 May 2018, 12:23

Powell can put it to bed just by letting it be known he does not want to be considered for the job.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 12:24

flow wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
flow wrote:
really you think powell on more money then wane they wont even pay for hotel for team in Newcastle lol why do you think raper when to wigan after doing well for cas for the love off the wigan fans or money
he prefered tesco to asda ?
Vince Lombardi

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 24 May 2018, 12:31

tigerfeat wrote:
flow wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
flow wrote:
he prefered tesco to asda ?
:lol: :lol:

Rogues Gallery

Post by Rogues Gallery » 24 May 2018, 13:27

heritage1926 wrote:
flow wrote:
Wigan have the highest wage bill in British RL. that's a fact. Why would Powell go to Wigan? well why would any coach not want to coach the biggest and most successful club in the history of RL? It's a bit like when Man Utd. are looking for a new manager. I'm not a United fan btw but they are the biggest club in the Premier League.
Personally I don't think he will be the coach Wigan want, but if he was offered it then I'm sure he'd be very tempted.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 24 May 2018, 13:31

Me personally I wouldn’t take a pay rise to move from round here. I’ve been in lots of places in Britain and abroad and I’m always happiest when I’m here.

However the Wigan job is one of the biggest in the world whether people like it or not,I could see his head been turned tbh.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 24 May 2018, 13:35

Wigan are skint hey couldn’t afford him