TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 May 2018, 23:09

heritage1926 wrote:Moving forward, I think it's time to give Macca or Gale the captaincy. I watch Shenton and he fails to deliver as a captain vocally or in his performances. Whenever we concede tries, he just stands at the back with his head down.
I think that is the least of our worries

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 May 2018, 23:14

heritage1926 wrote:Moving forward, I think it's time to give Macca or Gale the captaincy. I watch Shenton and he fails to deliver as a captain vocally or in his performances. Whenever we concede tries, he just stands at the back with his head down.
I'd give it to neither of them. I see what you are saying but I think they need to concentrate on getting us around the park. My personal choice would be Millington

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 23:22

Right I’m gonna call it now.
I think we should bring young turner in to fullback for next weeks game v HKR.
We can move Shenton back to center hopefully with Eden back in the team.
Drop minikin more of a kick up the ar*e for him.
Bring gill in, hopefully Jake will be back.

Might get shot down, but I think it’s time to bring turner in. IMO.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 May 2018, 23:23

old cas lass wrote:Right I’m gonna call it now.

Can't be any worse for a edgr and goal line defence from today. At times it was embarrassing.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 24 May 2018, 23:24

think its time to play a recognised fullback and see what happens.at the club only young turner fits the bill so come on darryl give him a go.our makeshift team with everyone out of position is good enough to win a few games and finish around fifth but it is well short of beating the likes of saints and wigan.time to see if the kid has what it takes.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 May 2018, 23:25

You mean playing a fullback at fullback.....

Leeds lobbed in walker and it kind of worked....

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 23:25

Bramley Tiger wrote:think its time to play a recognised fullback and see what happens.at the club only young turner fits the bill so come on darryl give him a go.our makeshift team with everyone out of position is good enough to win a few games and finish around fifth but it is well short of beating the likes of saints and wigan.time to see if the kid has what it takes.

Exactly. He might just surprise a few, even his coach.
We need a recognised full back full stop.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 24 May 2018, 23:40

Its a hard year this year for us with all the injuries we are having and the constant comparison to last year but its hard to replicate it when we are missing the spine of our team and playing people out of position and not having consistancy like saints are having with minimal injuries and a quality fullback.it just shows you how much a fullback is a vital role in the modern game and if you dont have one how much it affects you.unfortunatly weve got shafted with ours and havnt recoverd yet and dont think we will.it will be a rebuilding year for me and should be looking at getting a quality replacement in for next year.im cas through and through and have been for 24 years but project players isnt always going to pay off,at some point we need quality signings to take us forward in the game.just hope we keep DP at cas,if he goes we are in trouble

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 24 May 2018, 23:41

HKR we should get gill turner and oneil in gill is a good player turner at full back and give mc shane 15 / 20 min rest as he is looking tired and no wonder lets see what these 3 can do

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 May 2018, 23:44

sounds like a plan to me.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 25 May 2018, 01:44

[quote="Exiled"Have you ever played? Margin calls are what win close games. This was a close game, the ref killed it in the first half. How does knowing for a fact 'sending up 2 tries which clearly weren't' keeping us in the game?

Saints deserved to win, they are a class team.

What is disappointing is that the game as a whole suffers. There are no more knowledgeable and respective supporters in the whole of sport than those of us that follow RL. I have seen many a great try scored by the opposition down the lane and witnessed the home support clapping a it. Have seen great teams beat us and applauded off the pitch. In the end we all go to watch great rugby. Sure, we all want a win, but great rugby is great rugby.

There is nothing worse than an incompetent or bias ref spoiling a great game of rugby league, or any sport. It seems to be happening more and more often. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Is it corruption, incompetence? Whatever it is the sport suffers because of it, its a shambles and investment/training/higher wages for refs needs sorting out.[/quote]

Knowledgeable supporters .... you mean all those fans that bagged and booed the ref when Barba scored? Those supporters who clearly have no idea if the rules as the ball clearly went backwards from Swift.

The tone was set when Sts scored their first try which was pathetic on line defence. It seemed that the Cas forwards were scared of the sts pack. The other Sts tries in the first half were absolute shockers as the Cas defence parted like the Red Sea.

Minikin dropping the ball was a game changer when it could have been 10-12. Shenton and Hitchcox dropping bombs and putting us under pressure.

Many Cas fans delight in bagging Brian McDermott when he is interviewed after a Leeds defeat but at least he has the guts to answer questions unlike Powell who acted like a 5 year old and I apologise to most 5 year olds for that.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 May 2018, 22:01

In the light of day today I started questioning whether the doom and gloom (from fans and coaching staff) was an over reaction. Looking at the Wigan result and league table, I'm thinking it may well have been.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 May 2018, 10:13

KB80 wrote:In the light of day today I started questioning whether the doom and gloom (from fans and coaching staff) was an over reaction. Looking at the Wigan result and league table, I'm thinking it may well have been.
Agree. We are 4th/5th. Leeds and Hull in tatters. Wigan good but not world beaters. Saints streets ahead of everyone. Wire also good but when we are fully fit we can certainly beat them too.
We are patchwork in the backs and it showed.
You can't beat Saints with no centres or proper ball handling 2nd rowers and we know how the fb situation limits us.

Saints had almost every bounce of the ball/rub of the green after Meeks try and they were way faster. Was always gonna be a hard task.
Our defensive errors and inconsistency was most worrying but that will get fixed. Our run in to super 8s is favourable. Losing to Saints in May is not gonna end our season.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 26 May 2018, 15:49

I agree in bringing Turner in...although is he fit? Went off in under 19's game few days before magic weekend. Also with Eden only just back in training 2/3 days ago and the fact we rushed him back last time and Roberts' first game back resulted in injury i'd 100% build him slowly back up. So be aiming for Warrington for Eden for me. I'd imagine Webster will be back and Wardle too. Wasn't Wardle a head knock?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 May 2018, 15:52

MØL wrote:

I agree in bringing Turner in...although is he fit? Went off in under 19's game few days before magic weekend. Also with Eden only just back in training 2/3 days ago and the fact we rushed him back last time and Roberts' first game back resulted in injury i'd 100% build him slowly back up. So be aiming for Warrington for Eden for me. I'd imagine Webster will be back and Wardle too. Wasn't Wardle a head knock?

He’s in the team for today’s game.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 26 May 2018, 19:58

After last night with Hull getting nothing and Leeds being turned over in France we've got out of jail where the race for 4th is concerned

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 May 2018, 20:05

ERG2012 wrote:After last night with Hull getting nothing and Leeds being turned over in France we've got out of jail where the race for 4th is concerned
Catalans coming into form.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 26 May 2018, 22:51

Yes but hull n leeds have to play saints yet which should help us. Personally I think leeds are out of the race anyway. They've been poor for ages and are struggling in both backs and forwards.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 May 2018, 00:19

old cas lass wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:After last night with Hull getting nothing and Leeds being turned over in France we've got out of jail where the race for 4th is concerned
Catalans coming into form.
yes they are on paper but its been against teams who are out of form. if that doesn't sound too daft.
jo brand is eddie warings love child