TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by TheSheriff » 24 May 2018, 22:21

I don't think anybody is saying the ref cost Cas the game tonight.

Kendall is a disgrace to the game though, he frankly doesn't know the rules and should have been dropped for this week after sending up the Shenton try last week as no try, check the obstruction and the replay shows literally nothing at all, anywhere on the pitch.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 May 2018, 22:22

Defence was shocking tonight. We also look off the pace fitness wise this season...it makes me think some of the players clocked off pre season while the coaching team were at the world cup.

Ellis was back to average tonight. Roberts?...well if we can cut our losses on him end of the season we should pursue it.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 22:25

Just as we start getting points difference up, we go and get hammered again. I know we'll lose games, but genuinely thought the days of having 40 put on us we're behind us.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 24 May 2018, 22:32

Squaddie86 wrote:Despite the refs best attempts to keep us in that game(our first try was dropped and he sent up 2 as tries which clearly weren't), our defence was utterly awful today, and our attack had no clue.

Dont let the last 10 minutes fool you either - Saints were very much clocked out when we started playing fancy towards the end.

There is a lot of deadweight in the team this year, Powell needs to find the magic that made our team better than the sum of its parts in previous years.
Have you ever played? Margin calls are what win close games. This was a close game, the ref killed it in the first half. How does knowing for a fact 'sending up 2 tries which clearly weren't' keeping us in the game?

Saints deserved to win, they are a class team.

What is disappointing is that the game as a whole suffers. There are no more knowledgeable and respective supporters in the whole of sport than those of us that follow RL. I have seen many a great try scored by the opposition down the lane and witnessed the home support clapping a it. Have seen great teams beat us and applauded off the pitch. In the end we all go to watch great rugby. Sure, we all want a win, but great rugby is great rugby.

There is nothing worse than an incompetent or bias ref spoiling a great game of rugby league, or any sport. It seems to be happening more and more often. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Is it corruption, incompetence? Whatever it is the sport suffers because of it, its a shambles and investment/training/higher wages for refs needs sorting out.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 May 2018, 22:36

Exiled wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:Despite the refs best attempts to keep us in that game(our first try was dropped and he sent up 2 as tries which clearly weren't), our defence was utterly awful today, and our attack had no clue.

Dont let the last 10 minutes fool you either - Saints were very much clocked out when we started playing fancy towards the end.

There is a lot of deadweight in the team this year, Powell needs to find the magic that made our team better than the sum of its parts in previous years.
Have you ever played?

Yes.

Both codes, and Ice Hockey. I'm not reading on because you've lost any respect i might've had for your opinion with that foolish insulting question.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 24 May 2018, 22:40

Squaddie86 wrote:
Exiled wrote:

Have you ever played?

Yes.

Both codes, and Ice Hockey. I'm not reading on because you've lost any respect i might've had for your opinion with that foolish insulting question.
Figures.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 24 May 2018, 22:41

Exiled wrote:

Have you ever played? Margin calls are what win close games. This was a close game, the ref killed it in the first half. How does knowing for a fact 'sending up 2 tries which clearly weren't' keeping us in the game?

What is disappointing is that the game as a whole suffers. There are no more knowledgeable and respective supporters in the whole of sport than those of us that follow RL. I have seen many a great try scored by the opposition down the lane and witnessed the home support clapping a it. Have seen great teams beat us and applauded off the pitch. In the end we all go to watch great rugby. Sure, we all want a win, but great rugby is great rugby.

There is nothing worse than an incompetent or bias ref spoiling a great game of rugby league, or any sport. It seems to be happening more and more often. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Is it corruption, incompetence? Whatever it is the sport suffers because of it, its a shambles and investment/training/higher wages for refs needs sorting out.
The issue is they are too young fastracked without the proper grounding...yorkshire/pennine leagues etc ...the fastrack system was brought in by mr incompetent himself Cummins ..... got rid of good refs to get young refs in and now the results are clear to see....no feel for a game and robots....to be a good ref you have to get an understanding....unfortunatley this current lot of refs are simply poor in all the basics

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 24 May 2018, 22:42

For me the game was up for us after 4mins when Amor scored, soft soft score. I know we've injuries but some of the tries Saints scored in the first half were literally embarrassing. Goal line D non existing. Shenton has been poor this season and reverting to FB is NOT helping the cause. Where do we go from here not sure. But the situation of no FB at Cas is now beyond a joke. The line going round the stands is the Millington is next inline for FB. From what I hear our new Chief Ex is not gonna be throwing dosh about and hes from the Ebeneezer Scrooge stable when spending. The prospect of two more years of Jamie Ellis fills me with utmost joy (NOT) unless Powell can do a Scott Moore /McShane swop we are utterly lumbered with him, does not will, has not the ability to take the opposition defence on.
God forbid we finish fourth and have to play Saint away .......may as well right this season off here and now.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 22:54

Moving forward, I think it's time to give Macca or Gale the captaincy. I watch Shenton and he fails to deliver as a captain vocally or in his performances. Whenever we concede tries, he just stands at the back with his head down.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 May 2018, 22:55

Exiled wrote:

spot on for me mate, I watched it in a bar at a holiday resort. it was filled with fans from loads of different clubs and all were disappointed with the ref and cheered when powell made his comment. I'm not saying we would have won if it had been a different ref but I've captained teams and its almost impossible to get them back up for a fight when its so obvious the ref is against you
jo brand is eddie warings love child

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 May 2018, 23:09

heritage1926 wrote:Moving forward, I think it's time to give Macca or Gale the captaincy. I watch Shenton and he fails to deliver as a captain vocally or in his performances. Whenever we concede tries, he just stands at the back with his head down.
I think that is the least of our worries

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 May 2018, 23:14

heritage1926 wrote:Moving forward, I think it's time to give Macca or Gale the captaincy. I watch Shenton and he fails to deliver as a captain vocally or in his performances. Whenever we concede tries, he just stands at the back with his head down.
I'd give it to neither of them. I see what you are saying but I think they need to concentrate on getting us around the park. My personal choice would be Millington

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 23:22

Right I’m gonna call it now.
I think we should bring young turner in to fullback for next weeks game v HKR.
We can move Shenton back to center hopefully with Eden back in the team.
Drop minikin more of a kick up the ar*e for him.
Bring gill in, hopefully Jake will be back.

Might get shot down, but I think it’s time to bring turner in. IMO.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 May 2018, 23:23

old cas lass wrote:Right I’m gonna call it now.

Can't be any worse for a edgr and goal line defence from today. At times it was embarrassing.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 24 May 2018, 23:24

think its time to play a recognised fullback and see what happens.at the club only young turner fits the bill so come on darryl give him a go.our makeshift team with everyone out of position is good enough to win a few games and finish around fifth but it is well short of beating the likes of saints and wigan.time to see if the kid has what it takes.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 May 2018, 23:25

You mean playing a fullback at fullback.....

Leeds lobbed in walker and it kind of worked....

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 23:25

Bramley Tiger wrote:think its time to play a recognised fullback and see what happens.at the club only young turner fits the bill so come on darryl give him a go.our makeshift team with everyone out of position is good enough to win a few games and finish around fifth but it is well short of beating the likes of saints and wigan.time to see if the kid has what it takes.

Exactly. He might just surprise a few, even his coach.
We need a recognised full back full stop.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 24 May 2018, 23:40

Its a hard year this year for us with all the injuries we are having and the constant comparison to last year but its hard to replicate it when we are missing the spine of our team and playing people out of position and not having consistancy like saints are having with minimal injuries and a quality fullback.it just shows you how much a fullback is a vital role in the modern game and if you dont have one how much it affects you.unfortunatly weve got shafted with ours and havnt recoverd yet and dont think we will.it will be a rebuilding year for me and should be looking at getting a quality replacement in for next year.im cas through and through and have been for 24 years but project players isnt always going to pay off,at some point we need quality signings to take us forward in the game.just hope we keep DP at cas,if he goes we are in trouble

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 24 May 2018, 23:41

HKR we should get gill turner and oneil in gill is a good player turner at full back and give mc shane 15 / 20 min rest as he is looking tired and no wonder lets see what these 3 can do

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 May 2018, 23:44

sounds like a plan to me.
jo brand is eddie warings love child