TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 21:02

Hitchcox is done for me, sooner Eden's back the better. Not seen him contest for one ball yet, been out jumped every time.

Been a big fan of Benny over the years but time to move on for me now.

DLB123

Post by DLB123 » 24 May 2018, 21:42

Poor performance from cas.
Ref absolutely shocking!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 May 2018, 21:44

There won’t be any chance of top 4 playing like that. Clueless in attack and tackling like they were at a tea dance.

Minikin couldn’t finish his dinner. What’s with all flying finishes ffs?

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 24 May 2018, 21:46

Poor defensive structure right from the off which you can’t have against anyone, never mind Saints.

Some miles off the pace tonight and week in, week out our captain offers very little I’m afraid.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 24 May 2018, 21:52

REF
All season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 21:57

DLB123 wrote:Poor performance from cas.
Ref absolutely shocking!
Thought powell was waiting for kendall in center circle at half time then thought better of it
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 21:58

What happened to roberts i didnt notice him getting injured
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 24 May 2018, 21:58

We've got a few players who are not offering value for money. Injuries aside there's a lot not being executed properly both in defence and attack.

Training will be interesting this week.

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 24 May 2018, 22:00

The ref made some bad calls, however, I think DP making average players into good players have led Cas to thinking they can sign anyone and it work. DP can only do so much. Jamie ellis is not good enough. Aston? I feel Cas had the chance to turn 2017 into something even better this year and they have messed up. I like the big squad concept, but if it is costing the first team too much then it is not worth it. Focus on the first team and use youth to compliment it.

Jazzman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jazzman » 24 May 2018, 22:03

French commentators were bemused.

"Bizarre technique d'arbitrage" just about sums what most of us think.

Shenton/Watts/Mcshane best of a poor performance, but Saints are this years Cas, winning games for fun. Not many going to beat them

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 24 May 2018, 22:07

heritage1926 wrote:Hitchcox is done for me, sooner Eden's back the better. Not seen him contest for one ball yet, been out jumped every time.

Been a big fan of Benny over the years but time to move on for me now.
If anyone wants dropping it should be minikin aswell as a few other players.powell should come out and have his say about the ref that had a shocker tonight with some of the decisions he made.saints was still the better team but that 1st half is what did it for us everything went against us got rattled and never seemed to recover and to many players tryin to shirt grab instead of getting a body infront of the player

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 May 2018, 22:07

Despite the refs best attempts to keep us in that game(our first try was dropped and he sent up 2 as tries which clearly weren't), our defence was utterly awful today, and our attack had no clue.

Dont let the last 10 minutes fool you either - Saints were very much clocked out when we started playing fancy towards the end.

There is a lot of deadweight in the team this year, Powell needs to find the magic that made our team better than the sum of its parts in previous years.

DLB123

Post by DLB123 » 24 May 2018, 22:13

I know we've said this in previous threads but Jamie Ellis on a 3 yr deal.....what was DP thinking?? He's garbage, nowhere near the quality we need. We need to get shut or try to loan him out for next season!

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 24 May 2018, 22:14

What was powells comments after game? Gona be interesting. My take was cas poorer than I thought they was gona be. Ref dreadful decisions.think we need some class in the backs next year. CAS attack is painful at times and getting caught with ball on 5th is simply poor play from professionals who train all week to over come such things. Hardly any pressure on there line first half and it was only until game lost did we apply any. The problem at full back still haunting us. Really disappointed in knowing Zak was sacked last October and they didn't even move for a championship full back or some thing.we are simply a million miles from a grand final spot this year.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 24 May 2018, 22:18

Wasn’t the refs fault we lost that, being utter garbage was the problem.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 May 2018, 22:21

I don't think anybody is saying the ref cost Cas the game tonight.

Kendall is a disgrace to the game though, he frankly doesn't know the rules and should have been dropped for this week after sending up the Shenton try last week as no try, check the obstruction and the replay shows literally nothing at all, anywhere on the pitch.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 May 2018, 22:22

Defence was shocking tonight. We also look off the pace fitness wise this season...it makes me think some of the players clocked off pre season while the coaching team were at the world cup.

Ellis was back to average tonight. Roberts?...well if we can cut our losses on him end of the season we should pursue it.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 May 2018, 22:25

Just as we start getting points difference up, we go and get hammered again. I know we'll lose games, but genuinely thought the days of having 40 put on us we're behind us.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 24 May 2018, 22:32

Squaddie86 wrote:Despite the refs best attempts to keep us in that game(our first try was dropped and he sent up 2 as tries which clearly weren't), our defence was utterly awful today, and our attack had no clue.

Dont let the last 10 minutes fool you either - Saints were very much clocked out when we started playing fancy towards the end.

There is a lot of deadweight in the team this year, Powell needs to find the magic that made our team better than the sum of its parts in previous years.
Have you ever played? Margin calls are what win close games. This was a close game, the ref killed it in the first half. How does knowing for a fact 'sending up 2 tries which clearly weren't' keeping us in the game?

Saints deserved to win, they are a class team.

What is disappointing is that the game as a whole suffers. There are no more knowledgeable and respective supporters in the whole of sport than those of us that follow RL. I have seen many a great try scored by the opposition down the lane and witnessed the home support clapping a it. Have seen great teams beat us and applauded off the pitch. In the end we all go to watch great rugby. Sure, we all want a win, but great rugby is great rugby.

There is nothing worse than an incompetent or bias ref spoiling a great game of rugby league, or any sport. It seems to be happening more and more often. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Is it corruption, incompetence? Whatever it is the sport suffers because of it, its a shambles and investment/training/higher wages for refs needs sorting out.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 24 May 2018, 22:36

Exiled wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:Despite the refs best attempts to keep us in that game(our first try was dropped and he sent up 2 as tries which clearly weren't), our defence was utterly awful today, and our attack had no clue.

Have you ever played?

Yes.

Both codes, and Ice Hockey. I'm not reading on because you've lost any respect i might've had for your opinion with that foolish insulting question.