well said DP

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: well said DP

Post by derbystiger » 25 May 2018, 17:28

tigerfeat wrote:Watching game again kendall wasnt that bad i apologize for name i called him last night
After watching it back I dont think he was too bad either - not going to the screen for McMeekens ‘try’ did us a huge favour too

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 25 May 2018, 19:42

Having just watched the game back, here's my thoughts....
While the Officials weren't at fault for the defeat, there were some inconsistencies in there that contributed to Saints getting plenty of field position. From there our awful 'D' gifted points to a team full of confidence and top of the League.
Also consider this..... Minikin fluffed 3 great opportunities to score and Ellis missed 3 (what should've been for him) easy conversions. Thats 18 points at least right there.
I don't get how we get penalised for that leg lift and they dont....both were good tackles for mine.
I noticed Jamie Ellis getting pushed off-the-ball in the 2nd half....nothing came of that. Ben Roberts PTB was even heeled back but got penalised. Barba's knock-on was the right call....but just the way Saints' luck is going atm.
What is absolutely obvious is our lack of a FB (dont have to be Einstein to work that out!) But also our backs are all over the place because of the injuries we have. We look devoid of ideas. That comes from the halves and im afraid Ellis isnt the answer there. JT has enormous potential but needs someone like Macca besides him for now. I don't what the answer is at FB (probaly Greg Eden when he gets back) but Shenny is not the answer...get him back in the Centres. For now id put Jy there and bring either Gill or Egodo onto the wing.
Lastly, lets see what Mitch Clark has to offer...and give Gadwin a few games when he comes back from injury. I happen to think he's done well the last couple of times he played.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 May 2018, 10:19

Fryston Tiger wrote:Having just watched the game back, here's my thoughts....
While the Officials weren't at fault for the defeat, there were some inconsistencies in there that contributed to Saints getting plenty of field position. From there our awful 'D' gifted points to a team full of confidence and top of the League.
Also consider this..... Minikin fluffed 3 great opportunities to score and Ellis missed 3 (what should've been for him) easy conversions. Thats 18 points at least right there.
I don't get how we get penalised for that leg lift and they dont....both were good tackles for mine.
I noticed Jamie Ellis getting pushed off-the-ball in the 2nd half....nothing came of that. Ben Roberts PTB was even heeled back but got penalised. Barba's knock-on was the right call....but just the way Saints' luck is going atm.
What is absolutely obvious is our lack of a FB (dont have to be Einstein to work that out!) But also our backs are all over the place because of the injuries we have. We look devoid of ideas. That comes from the halves and im afraid Ellis isnt the answer there. JT has enormous potential but needs someone like Macca besides him for now. I don't what the answer is at FB (probaly Greg Eden when he gets back) but Shenny is not the answer...get him back in the Centres. For now id put Jy there and bring either Gill or Egodo onto the wing.
Lastly, lets see what Mitch Clark has to offer...and give Gadwin a few games when he comes back from injury. I happen to think he's done well the last couple of times he played.
Ellis and Trueman played well v Leeds. Ellisis a good squad player to have but worrying to have to rely on to lead us for most of the season. Trueman has bags of potential.
Neither of them have any pace. Both can step but they are not gonna do a Barba, Rangi, even Lomax and cause worry in the middle of the park to open teams up. Teams are not worried by them and along with the fb link up playe we also, against good sides esp, are missing that spark and threat from the halves. Trueman seems more of a supporting, assister than a player who will rip people apart amd stretch the dline.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 26 May 2018, 10:53

With our entire back line made up of squad players of positional changes, apart from minikin, it’s no wonder we are awful at the minute. Let’s get a full back n centre signed and get a settled back line for the play offs we’ll be right...I can dream can’t I :D
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.