well said DP

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: well said DP

Post by TheSheriff » 24 May 2018, 22:43

Squaddie86 wrote:I'm done here i think.

We conced 40 points through poor defence, one of our scores is a blatant drop, and all people can do is whine about the referees.

Its pathetic and childish, and in this instance flat out wrong.
Just like your posts tonight then.

Everyone is acknowledging Cas were bad, people are also acknowledging the refereeing was bad these are 2 different subjects, are you not bright enough to grasp that?

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 24 May 2018, 22:44

westerbeast wrote:Wigan bound is my gut feeling from those comments. The ref was not the problem, the 13 Cas players on the field were.
Doubt it
But players should be in training at 7am in morning amount of yards teams make against us Is getting a joke.

masher

Post by masher » 24 May 2018, 22:45

old cas lass wrote:Tbf our team is a mix and match team.
We are all over the place.
Players playing at this level in positions they’ve never played before on a regular basis.
It’s a shambles, not much more daryll can do.
I’ll be glad when the season is over, hopefully we can sort this full back mess out for 2019.
One position as caused all this, why o why we didn’t invest in a fullback back in Oct/nov is beyond me. Don’t forget we’d sacked Zak off then.
Madness just madness.
There is a long way to go and we are still in with a great chance of top 4.
Got to peak later in the season, Leeds have shown how to do it time and again

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 24 May 2018, 22:46

masher wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Tbf our team is a mix and match team.
We are all over the place.
Players playing at this level in positions they’ve never played before on a regular basis.
It’s a shambles, not much more daryll can do.
I’ll be glad when the season is over, hopefully we can sort this full back mess out for 2019.
One position as caused all this, why o why we didn’t invest in a fullback back in Oct/nov is beyond me. Don’t forget we’d sacked Zak off then.
Madness just madness.
There is a long way to go and we are still in with a great chance of top 4.
Got to peak later in the season, Leeds have shown how to do it time and again
Some level headed thinking right there. Pick it up and move on. Saints are the bench mark this season, just like we were last.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 24 May 2018, 22:53

I don’t even think saints are a good team tbh,I don’t believe the hype at all. The way to beat them is to get stuck in to them they don’t want to know, we didn’t do it we played a hell of a lot better in the cup match. We obviously have problems but blaming the referee isn’t going to paper over the cracks this time. He was inept yes but he’s not the one that misses tackles/kicks or drops the ball over the try line.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 24 May 2018, 22:56

lurcher wrote:nobody touched barba when they got the penalty and barba was saying sorry to his team mates for his mistake. we were within the 10 but didn't touch him.
He got it right then.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 May 2018, 23:37

DP's post-match was an embarrassment. He should reserve comments on the ref until he's watched a play-back. Unless he can deliver a reasonable interview he should get Danny or Ryan to front up, because tonight's terse effort was more akin to a disgruntled supporter rather than a professional head coach.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 May 2018, 23:43

cogito ergo sum wrote:DP's post-match was an embarrassment. He should reserve comments on the ref until he's watched a play-back. Unless he can deliver a reasonable interview he should get Danny or Ryan to front up, because tonight's terse effort was more akin to a disgruntled supporter rather than a professional head coach.

I’m sure he as a monitor close by so he can play back any innocents in the game.
As for his short and to the point interview, it was just that sort and sweet and to the point.
No good ranting and raving, the man was hurting and very livid. In that frame of mind you can say things you shouldn’t.
He did right in keeping in short.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 May 2018, 23:46

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 May 2018, 23:47

cogito ergo sum wrote:DP's post-match was an embarrassment. He should reserve comments on the ref until he's watched a play-back. Unless he can deliver a reasonable interview he should get Danny or Ryan to front up, because tonight's terse effort was more akin to a disgruntled supporter rather than a professional head coach.
he does have a monitor in front of him and he looks disgusted watching some of the decisions played back.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 25 May 2018, 00:00

He seems under too much pressure at the moment to me.

I hope it’s not a case of a decision on the Wigan job.
Audacter Et Sincere

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 May 2018, 00:22

Think people are reading way too much into it. He said what we were all thinking and was livid. The last thing he probably needs are inane questions from Sky like “you must be pretty disappointed, Daryl?”. He’s hardly going to say “no, I’m absolutely delighted”.

He rightly wanted to get in and speak to his players and give himself some time out before facing the media, where he clearly and thoughtfully put his point across, as well as highlighting clear issues with his players and his side that he wants to, and needs to, address.

Outside of that, I think we are focusing on the wrong issue here. I couldn’t care if DP said he thought the ref was an inane, toss-bagging waffle cone. I care about the fact that our players, some of them at least, have an attitude problem, an unwillingness to do the hard work and overgrown egos not befitting of Castleford Tigers. Some of them really need a reality check, thinking they’re pretty taking their pay cheques every week and leaving others around them to do all the hard work and cover for them. The defensive effort on our own line tonight was nothing short of amateurish and I have no doubt that our U19s would have given a more reasonable defensive effort.

It’s time to shake things up a bit. Stop feeling for yourselves, stop looking for pity, grow some balls, fight for each other and for Saint Mary’s sake do your jobs that you are being paid to do.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 May 2018, 00:24

lurcher wrote:nobody touched barba when they got the penalty and barba was saying sorry to his team mates for his mistake. we were within the 10 but didn't touch him.

They were offside and within 10m of the catcher which is a penalty and was one correct decision the ref did get right.

Exiled
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Exiled » 25 May 2018, 00:25

HuddsTigers wrote:Think people are reading way too much into it. He said what we were all thinking and was livid. The last thing he probably needs are inane questions from Sky like “you must be pretty disappointed, Daryl?”. He’s hardly going to say “no, I’m absolutely delighted”.

He rightly wanted to get in and speak to his players and give himself some time out before facing the media, where he clearly and thoughtfully put his point across, as well as highlighting clear issues with his players and his side that he wants to, and needs to, address.

Outside of that, I think we are focusing on the wrong issue here. I couldn’t care if DP said he thought the ref was an inane, toss-bagging waffle cone. I care about the fact that our players, some of them at least, have an attitude problem, an unwillingness to do the hard work and overgrown egos not befitting of Castleford Tigers. Some of them really need a reality check, thinking they’re pretty taking their pay cheques every week and leaving others around them to do all the hard work and cover for them. The defensive effort on our own line tonight was nothing short of amateurish and I have no doubt that our U19s would have given a more reasonable defensive effort.

It’s time to shake things up a bit. Stop feeling for yourselves, stop looking for pity, grow some balls, fight for each other and for Saint Mary’s sake do your jobs that you are being paid to do.
Pretty much what DP said in his PMPC. Which players do you believe he was talking aout?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 May 2018, 00:29

I don’t think any of our backline came out with any credibility tonight. Hitchcox and Shenton try but they can’t catch a high ball for toffee when under pressure. Minikin bombs two tries that should have been gimmes, McMeeken drops a ball and luckily gets it given. No one willing to chase Barba bar a prop forward in Watts. I mean come on? That’s bad attitude in itself.

There were 3 players that came out of that game tonight with a semblance of credibility. JSL (though it was soft for their first try) Watts and Milner. The rest were hit and miss, not putting 100% in and lazy in defence at times.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 25 May 2018, 02:12

its no point just playing well when we play leeds today at home was another shambles. what's happened to minkin is any body guess. We have no back line what's so ever , were having the back lash off poor recruiting now . think its first time powell being put under pressure since he as being at cas with poor performances. but if not being giving the tools off season to work with makes his job a lot harder . another alarming thing is how much are crowds off dropped not sure what we budget for attendance wise but this wont help for next years recruitment as well has keeping powell. Few bad loses people have stop going we have never built on last years success like history repeating its self all over again from last time we had a competitive team . think still chance off forth only because hull and leeds are poor as well but would be pointless playing st helens away in a semi at present form in less st helens get a drastic lot off injury's back end off season.

Skulcrusher

Post by Skulcrusher » 25 May 2018, 02:19

westerbeast wrote:Wigan bound is my gut feeling from those comments. The ref was not the problem, the 13 Cas players on the field were.
I have the same gut feeling think he is gunna join hardaker at wigan. The cas comedy show says it surely!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 25 May 2018, 05:09

Mixture of injuries,terrible recruitment off season (does anybody know what Clark,Aston,Bustin etc look like)? and the Zak saga.

Apart from Watts & McShane the rest were poor. Big reaction required against Hull Kr next week.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 May 2018, 07:24

HuddsTigers wrote:I don’t think any of our backline came out with any credibility tonight. Hitchcox and Shenton try but they can’t catch a high ball for toffee when under pressure. Minikin bombs two tries that should have been gimmes, McMeeken drops a ball and luckily gets it given. No one willing to chase Barba bar a prop forward in Watts. I mean come on? That’s bad attitude in itself.

There were 3 players that came out of that game tonight with a semblance of credibility. JSL (though it was soft for their first try) Watts and Milner. The rest were hit and miss, not putting 100% in and lazy in defence at times.
Id put mckmeeken in that list he ran well , were trying to do the immposible and play without a full-back who is a full-back impossible to get away with that against a team like st helens
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 May 2018, 07:26

for most of the game I thought our forwards stood up to theirs, our makeshift back line were well of the pace, it looks like we have lost benny and Junior we have not seen enough of benny over the years to miss him but last week I thought Junior was coming back to his best, as far as our coaches comments I agree with most of what he says in the interview