MOVING FORWARD

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: MOVING FORWARD

Post by tigerfeat » 25 May 2018, 19:04

It would take some doing to make worse signings than last years crop
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 25 May 2018, 22:20

classysupercas3 wrote:What now?. I think its obvious to see we are gona struggle for 4th. Time for us to try turner at fullback.i really hope our recruitment next year is much,much better than this.maybe try gill in there with Clark too. Lets hope gale is back in 7 weeks and claire. This season has been very disappointing,especially with the full back saga.the club needs to make a statement with intent for next year,and what there priorities are.
Why the Fu*k does the club have to make a statement every 2mins ?

I'm sure or I hope that DP and Mr Wells realise what we need for 2019, mainly shipping out these waste of money, quota and past it players.

We either give youth a chance as backup or replace with some better quality.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 May 2018, 22:30

Why do certain people think we may not make the 4? Yeh we got hammered by Saints once again. But we have beat everyone from 4th down at least once.

We have 2 games in hand over 4th and are only 2 points behind Hull who have more injuries than us...

We have 2 games in hand over Warrington and are only 4 points behind them in 3rd.

We have a really good run in where we could look to pick up quite a few wins so we are still in the hunt at the super 8s where hopefully, we will have a full strength side and can become even better.

People giving up now when, if we win on Friday we go 4th. I find very amusing.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 25 May 2018, 22:37

All very true.
And fourth place would earn us a trip to that happiest of hunting grounds, a ground we've never won a proper game in, in a town we've not won in for 26 years, against a team that we can't get within 20 points of ...

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 25 May 2018, 23:01

Spanishtiger wrote:All very true.
And fourth place would earn us a trip to that happiest of hunting grounds, a ground we've never won a proper game in, in a town we've not won in for 26 years, against a team that we can't get within 20 points of ...
So let's not try then Yeh?

I would rather be in the last 4 than not. I would rather be 80mins from a GF again than on an early winter break.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 25 May 2018, 23:36

Third isn’t impossible
At the same stage last year Saints were nowhere and Salford were second
There’s a very long way to go

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 26 May 2018, 00:01

Fair comment I suppose, if injuries hit the top 3 in a big way, and we get our main men back in the backline, and manage to find someone who can play full back, whilst avoiding any more injuries or suspensions, we could be the Saints of last year.

Yes, this time last year Saints were off the pace, what they did was sack their long-term club legend coach and bring in an Aussie assistant coach, then sign a marquee full back from the NRL.

More worried about KR away to be honest.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 May 2018, 01:03

Agreed.Always the next game is the biggest worry!