what on earth happened?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: what on earth happened?

Post by orrsome » 18 Jun 2018, 10:18

BigBez10 wrote:As a few people have said, the game seemed to changed when Lunt came on but I also noticed a shift in momentum once Hull swapped their wingers over. The young lad on the right was having a shocker, but once Shaw swapped wings we struggled to get by - the usual shift or kick to the left was not as effective.
I agree that Lunt changed the game and it was obvious that Cas couldn't cope with him when he mixed up their attacking plays.
I also think that HKR's tactics of slowing us down in the tackle was allowed by the inexperienced Ref which prevented any real flow to the game. Having said that, it appeared that we were OK with a slow play of the ball as their was very little struggling to regain their feet by the Cas players. If you watch Wigan players, for example, they are constantly wriggling and fighting to regain their feet which makes it obvious that the opposition are trying to slow them down at the tackle. Maybe something we need to try?
Once HKR had adjusted to our game plan we really didn't have players on the pitch who could change our tactics. When you look at our pivotal positions there is definitely a lack of 'craft' there and it only took the introduction of Lunt to expose this. In short DP gave us a plan A but no plan B.
I