hitchcox

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: hitchcox

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Jun 2018, 15:31

Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
bane73 wrote:I just hope whomever takes his spot is well worth the money we shell out. It’s a real shame to see the lad go, he’s, turned everyone’s option around, it seems, when he first joined not many wanted him here, now, none want him to leave. Good luck Jy n thanks for the memories.
Shame he's not a foot taller. Looses out on high balls which is why I assume DP prefers Clare as backup and we can use the quota on somebody to improve the starting 17
Genuinely think this is the reason we’re looking for another Winger.
He’s just too small for a winger or fullback. Not in the stature sense but height wise he gets bullied. It’s a weak link.
I’d take a steady signing like Kirk Dixon was for us, not a world star, just someone talented and tall. And quick. And a good finisher. And a good tackler..lol....
Height wise...you mean like Justin Carney???

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Jun 2018, 15:34

Fumper27 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
bane73 wrote:I just hope whomever takes his spot is well worth the money we shell out. It’s a real shame to see the lad go, he’s, turned everyone’s option around, it seems, when he first joined not many wanted him here, now, none want him to leave. Good luck Jy n thanks for the memories.
Shame he's not a foot taller. Looses out on high balls which is why I assume DP prefers Clare as backup and we can use the quota on somebody to improve the starting 17
He’s just too small for a winger or fullback. Not in the stature sense but height wise he gets bullied. It’s a weak link.
I’d take a steady signing like Kirk Dixon was for us, not a world star, just someone talented and tall. And quick. And a good finisher. And a good tackler..lol....
Height wise...you mean like Justin Carney???
Carney has the ability to jump and catch the ball above his head. Jy doesn’t. Carney’s build also means it is difficult to challenge him in the air as often the attacker needs to run around him first.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Jun 2018, 16:37

Sharlotiger wrote:
MØL wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
Luke Briscoe!?
Kieran Gill?
Yep. Him as well.

bobby

Post by bobby » 18 Jun 2018, 16:55

Sad to see Jy go. He's never let us down. Just gets on and does a good job.

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 18 Jun 2018, 17:01

Mate Kirk Dixon was bang average , really Going to judge his time by us by one kick ahah

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Jun 2018, 17:05

Tigersbarmy wrote:Mate Kirk Dixon was bang average , really Going to judge his time by us by one kick ahah
Dixon was a good finisher and great in the air, but lacked speed to make him a top winger.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 18 Jun 2018, 17:50

I believe he as to leave due to visa issues. Needs to play 75% of games. Not saying its true just what i heard

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Jun 2018, 18:09

MØL wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
fords wrote:
Luke Briscoe!?
No

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Jun 2018, 18:49

Dez wrote:I believe he as to leave due to visa issues. Needs to play 75% of games. Not saying its true just what i heard
Bradford were rumoured to be in for him if they got promoted. Hopefully the 75% thing is not true. Would fit in nicely at Bradford with his mate Dane Chisholm.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 18 Jun 2018, 19:00

He will play 75%of games at bulls or he should anyway

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Jun 2018, 19:41

Jy said himself on the radio show he needs to play a certain amount of games to be able to get a visa.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 18 Jun 2018, 23:30

but in an interview with QLT he said he had the chance of a a contract with warrington a couple of years since but tony smith couldn't guarantee him first team rugby which his visa required. so have we guaranteed QLT first team rugby?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Jun 2018, 06:21

lurcher wrote:but in an interview with QLT he said he had the chance of a a contract with warrington a couple of years since but tony smith couldn't guarantee him first team rugby which his visa required. so have we guaranteed QLT first team rugby?
If its 20 games a season hes probably nearly there already 4 for Halifax 2 for us and think he played about 6 for Toronto
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Jun 2018, 17:40

jy has denied the bulls rumour, says he's no idea where its come from.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 19 Jun 2018, 17:57

Definitely super league standard so cant see the bulls link

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 19 Jun 2018, 18:48

Was rumoured only going to Bradford of they get promoted. So would be at an ambitious Championship club and would get his games in if the visa rule thing is correct.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 19 Jun 2018, 18:49

lurcher wrote:jy has denied the bulls rumour, says he's no idea where its come from.
Probably came from after his loan spell with them and that he's got friends there too.