A sense of perspective from down south....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Surreycasfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

A sense of perspective from down south....

Post by Surreycasfan » 17 Jun 2018, 22:37

Now living near Gatwick I can't get to all our games sadly.
Today I did make the 500 mile round trip, and here's a few thoughts.

There are no easy games anymore, especially with a lengthy injury list and no interchanges.
Some players were asked to play carrying injuries (eg Minikin - why the opposite winger sprinted past him)
Jake Trueman is playing more minutes than we would have expected as 4/5th choice half back. But what experience he is getting for future seasons
I thought the game changed when Shaun Lunt came on, that said Hull KR are really poor.
Junior and Jesse were excellent.

My mine observation was about the crowd. The Jungle used to be bouncing, now we go 14-0 up and stand/sit there waiting to be entertained. I think last season has made the fans complacent, and this in turn is leading to us complaining we are only 4th in the league!!!

I'd love some fans to re-read expectations of 2017 before a ball was kicked, HOPING to get into top 4, now we seem to think it's a right....anyway just my thoughts, another 500 mile trip on Friday to see the team I love, let's make it bounce on Friday and get behind the boys like me used to do....

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: A sense of perspective from down south....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 17 Jun 2018, 22:59

Evening Surrey - how dare you bring some common sense into proceedings....?

I drove up this morning feeling rough with a throat infection and really haven't enjoyed today.

I stood in the WRE and was amazed how many fans are not really watching the game and appear bored with what's going on.

I thought we were out supported today - strange.

Surreycasfan
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Surreycasfan » 17 Jun 2018, 23:24

Cheers Suffolk, hope you feel better and got home ok

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 18 Jun 2018, 00:07

Surreycasfan wrote:Now living near Gatwick I can't get to all our games sadly.
Today I did make the 500 mile round trip, and here's a few thoughts.

There are no easy games anymore, especially with a lengthy injury list and no interchanges.
Some players were asked to play carrying injuries (eg Minikin - why the opposite winger sprinted past him)
Jake Trueman is playing more minutes than we would have expected as 4/5th choice half back. But what experience he is getting for future seasons
I thought the game changed when Shaun Lunt came on, that said Hull KR are really poor.
Junior and Jesse were excellent.

My mine observation was about the crowd. The Jungle used to be bouncing, now we go 14-0 up and stand/sit there waiting to be entertained. I think last season has made the fans complacent, and this in turn is leading to us complaining we are only 4th in the league!!!

I'd love some fans to re-read expectations of 2017 before a ball was kicked, HOPING to get into top 4, now we seem to think it's a right....anyway just my thoughts, another 500 mile trip on Friday to see the team I love, let's make it bounce on Friday and get behind the boys like me used to do....
Excellent summary.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Jun 2018, 01:10

Loved today. Great 200 mile trip. Great game of fighting rugby. Cas should have won but as our brutal list of injuries grew a feisty Rovers revival left us lucky to take something from the game, and we did take it

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 18 Jun 2018, 12:11

I agree massively,every home game apart from maybe the Cup game against Saints I have remarked how flat the atmosphere is and the crowd. A friend of mine went to his first game yesterday and commented how quiet it was and that we never started singing until two minutes from the end when it got exciting with both teams trying to kick drop goals.There was barely any noise all game apart from when we scored.Even Daryl doesn’t get as good a reception as he did when he walks across pitch before games.

Strange ....

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 18 Jun 2018, 12:20

How very dare you come on here and talk sense its not allowed you know :lol: ;)

totally agree with everything you said.

With the number of injuries we had we started the game with the tank half full losing key players drained the tank totally

For me this game also shows why we need a reserve grade, to give the younger players time to develop consistently against older and wiser opponents, one good game does not mean you are a superstar however one bad display does not define your ability either.

Daryl wasn't unhappy with the performance and neither should we. Kr beat Wigan a couple of weeks ago they were never going to just lie down they fought hard and deserved a point.

Onwards to Friday I hope we get a few players back and give the fans something to smile about