TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by duke street 10 » 23 Jun 2018, 09:07

Casmoley wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Excellent result! though if i was pundit i would describe it on low on creative quality but high on commitment and excitement (especially second half) by both sets of players!

The sight of a lot of our squad on the touchline in protective boots and walking sticks was sobering mind.

Millington threw a cut out ball to send webster away on the wing... what more do you want???
Both teams looked a little clueless in attack for most of the match,...just my opinion. Doesn't detract from the commitment both sets of players put in. If you want to pull a 5 second piece of skill out for arguments sake fair do's.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 23 Jun 2018, 09:25

duke street 10 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Excellent result! though if i was pundit i would describe it on low on creative quality but high on commitment and excitement (especially second half) by both sets of players!

The sight of a lot of our squad on the touchline in protective boots and walking sticks was sobering mind.

Millington threw a cut out ball to send webster away on the wing... what more do you want???
Both teams looked a little clueless in attack for most of the match,...just my opinion. Doesn't detract from the commitment both sets of players put in. If you want to pull a 5 second piece of skill out for arguments sake fair do's.

not arguing btw, just pointing out some creative qualify I thourghly enjoyed. :dance:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 23 Jun 2018, 09:27

MØL wrote:
the machine wrote:
MØL wrote:Moors is indeed hitting some cracking form. Very pleased with Clark too. Clare minus the drop ball in the first half went well too.
Moors also dropped a ball
Clark dropped it twice
So did Millington and Green twice. But I was praising the players not counting the dropped balls. :lol:
Shouldn't have mentioned the one Clare dropped without the others then ;)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 23 Jun 2018, 09:58

the machine wrote:
MØL wrote:Moors is indeed hitting some cracking form. Very pleased with Clark too. Clare minus the drop ball in the first half went well too.
Clark dropped it twice
Moors had 2 appalling balls to take from Springer amd Green.
Clark's drops were silly. One pulled out and the other a ridiculous decision to run on at that speed and for Q to fire the ball at him like that straight from kick off

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 23 Jun 2018, 22:23

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
the machine wrote:
Clark dropped it twice
Moors had 2 appalling balls to take from Springer amd Green.
Clark's drops were silly. One pulled out and the other a ridiculous decision to run on at that speed and for Q to fire the ball at him like that straight from kick off
I agree pal

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 23 Jun 2018, 22:29

Can’t be too harsh on Clare dropping the ball. The sun was awful in the first half and those Wigan kicks were cruel.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 23 Jun 2018, 22:40

HuddsTigers wrote:Can’t be too harsh on Clare dropping the ball. The sun was awful in the first half and those Wigan kicks were cruel.
Yeah, as soon as that kick went up I turned and said that's gonna be a tester. Crazy spiral on it and that was on top of the glaring sun. On Clare's overall performance last night he has changed my mind and if carried on in his next appearances I'd take the optional extension on his contract for another year. For me his best game this season for us.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 23 Jun 2018, 23:54

we CAS once again are punching above our weight against our big city rivals, we are sat third in the league and some of our so called supporters are unhappy , I have watched our great club for sixty years we have bumped along at the bottom then we have had a resurgence , the last few years have been a revelation enjoy it now while we among the top players it might not always be so, once a Cas fan always a Cas fan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Jun 2018, 09:28

Never known why so many are down on Clare. Sorry he left in the first place

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 24 Jun 2018, 17:00

Re-watched the game on Tiger TV. Clare had a very good game, sensational break.
having said that QLT, Green, Maher and Springer also stepped up and put a shift in.

Friday night unequivocally proved DP's signing strategy (increasing the depth in the squad) to be spot on. Last year we were pretty lucky with injuries, just like Sts this year. Common sense said that it was unlikely that we would be so lucky again., and so it has proved.
cum on you Ford