Mitch Clarke

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Mitch Clarke

Post by Casmoley » 08 Jul 2018, 18:46

Scoopage wrote:Potentially wardle and mcmeeken back next week.who misses out??

you'd say Oggy at the moment, Junior made errors too and a few missed tackles. Cooky didn't come back on and Massey picked up a knock also so maybe a couple won't be risked.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jul 2018, 18:49

Scoopage wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Could not have being more impressed with him today also thought young trrueman was outstanding
Il be honest I’ve wondered what all the fuss was around trueman.his team mates have raved about about him.but today I now see what all the fuss is about.great step,really good short kicking game and a great timing of a pass.really hope he kicks on now and becomes gales regular halfback partner
He ran the show without looking like he was breaking sweat which was hard to do in that heat defiantly best game for cas what a prospect him and gale playing together in the years ahead
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Jul 2018, 18:50

tigerfeat wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Could not have being more impressed with him today also thought young trrueman was outstanding
Il be honest I’ve wondered what all the fuss was around trueman.his team mates have raved about about him.but today I now see what all the fuss is about.great step,really good short kicking game and a great timing of a pass.really hope he kicks on now and becomes gales regular halfback partner
He ran the show without looking like he was breaking sweat which was hard to do in that heat defiantly best game for cas what a prospect him and gale playing together in the years ahead
Yeah deffo mate.exiting times.and we look to be hitting our straps just in time

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Jul 2018, 19:33

A real reason for those who didn’t go to join tigerstv. #worthit
Audacter Et Sincere

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 08 Jul 2018, 19:36

Mysterio wrote:A real reason for those who didn’t go to join tigerstv. #worthit

Agree wholeheartedly. TigersTV has been great for me this year - only been able to make it to one home game this year (the Warrington mud bath) and 2 away games (Elland Road and the Wakey swimming pool), so its been good to be able to watch full games online.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 08 Jul 2018, 19:49

my issue with tigers tv is having to sit in front of a computer for 2 hours to watch the replay of a game so i haven't subscribed to it?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 08 Jul 2018, 19:54

Mitch was an absolute machine today. He was like a man possessed. Ran it in like a wrecking ball and was like a brick wall in defence.

At one point I'm sure he was in there for 4 or 5 tackles in a row, granted sometimes second or third in but that is still some effort.

Let's hope he can keep it up, contention for starting places can only be a good thing.
🐯 COYF!

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 08 Jul 2018, 20:08

Mitch had a massive game today he run with power and intent and did some real damage with them and left people in his wake.after all he did sit singleton on his backside.hope he gets more game time this year and beyond and carrys on improving

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 08 Jul 2018, 20:18

yorky wrote:my issue with tigers tv is having to sit in front of a computer for 2 hours to watch the replay of a game so i haven't subscribed to it?
Great for me , I love it. Get to see all the games. Got Apple TV so stream it through the tv. Better now they have Harvey’s commentary on.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 08 Jul 2018, 20:20

yorky wrote:my issue with tigers tv is having to sit in front of a computer for 2 hours to watch the replay of a game so i haven't subscribed to it?
You can connect your PC via a HDMI cable which most TVs now have a port for.

Alternatively you can cast your screen by a Roku or Googlecast stick,

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 08 Jul 2018, 20:32

thanks usacas & casrus, i'll have to look into this technology & see if i can get my head round it

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jul 2018, 21:05

Nobody wrote:Mitch was an absolute machine today. He was like a man possessed. Ran it in like a wrecking ball and was like a brick wall in defence.

At one point I'm sure he was in there for 4 or 5 tackles in a row, granted sometimes second or third in but that is still some effort.

Let's hope he can keep it up, contention for starting places can only be a good thing.
Last player I saw try to make 6 tackles in a set was T :)
Vince Lombardi

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 08 Jul 2018, 21:41

With the emergence of Mitch Clark, who has been doing that all season for Fev n last 3 for us, it allows DP to play Lefao in his best position... 2nd row, which I think he's one of the best in the comp. It also allows Moors to play there, when he has during his Car career, he's been at times unplayable. I genuinely would not swap our pack for any in the comp. If we get the defence right out wide, we're gonna be major players as the wind up to the 8s & the GF. COYF.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 08 Jul 2018, 21:50

Jonny1975 wrote:With the emergence of Mitch Clark, who has been doing that all season for Fev n last 3 for us, it allows DP to play Lefao in his best position... 2nd row, which I think he's one of the best in the comp. It also allows Moors to play there, when he has during his Car career, he's been at times unplayable. I genuinely would not swap our pack for any in the comp. If we get the defence right out wide, we're gonna be major players as the wind up to the 8s & the GF. COYF.

great competition for places. Where do you play Wardle, Holmes, MckMeeken & Foster out of interest..

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 08 Jul 2018, 22:17

I still can’t work out why we signed Wardle with our strength in the forwards. I thought initially he may have been signed as a replacement for Webster at centre but this doesn’t seem to be the plan, barring injuries where does he fit in?

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Jul 2018, 22:22

I think a inform wardle is better than a inform Holmes.so would take Ollies place imo.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 08 Jul 2018, 22:27

How about resting Jake Webster and playing Wardle in centre? Jake is a warrior but appears to be struggling from time to time.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Jul 2018, 22:36

No wonder there was worry over Powell going I've never know a coach at least in recent times who can pluck players that nobody else is looking at and turn them into the real deal
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Jul 2018, 22:45

tigerfeat wrote:No wonder there was worry over Powell going I've never know a coach at least in recent times who can pluck players that nobody else is looking at and turn them into the real deal
Crackers mate.how does he do it lol.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 08 Jul 2018, 23:12

the potential for Clarke is almost limitless. at the moment he only does one thing and that is drive it in as hard as he can (and wow he does that well) I think that powell will eventually increase his ball skills and involve him more in set moves. its what he seems to do with project players. fozzie being a prime example. looking forward to seeing his progress.
jo brand is eddie warings love child