Catalans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Catalans

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Jul 2018, 12:40

He won't comment until he has his press conference. Given we don't play until Sunday, I can't see it until later this week.

I'm not sure why everyone is expecting him to anyway. Plenty of times assistant coaches speak to the media. DP could have gone off for a bit of a break having spent 3/4 days over there, or maybe he thought it would be good to give Danny some experience of handling the media (and by media, I mean probably the Press Association, who then distribute the quotes/reports to everyone else if they don't have a contact).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Badger

Post by The Badger » 02 Jul 2018, 14:42

Or maybe he was on the phone to GH :(

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 02 Jul 2018, 14:44

The Badger wrote:Or maybe he was on the phone to GH :(
Aye that's exactly what he was doing :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Jul 2018, 16:56

Well if DP decided to “Go on a break” after that shambles as soon as the game was over without addressing the situation then that is ridiculous.

To leave an embarrassing performance to be discussed with the press to Danny Orr for “Experience” would also be as ridiculous.

Danny Orr didn’t pick the team and should not have to face the media. Not a Danny Orr fan at all but he wouldn’t deserve that.

Do you actually really seriously believe some of the tosh you post on here Hudds? Have a day of ffs!!!!!!

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 02 Jul 2018, 17:06

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Well if DP decided to “Go on a break” after that shambles as soon as the game was over without addressing the situation then that is ridiculous.

To leave an embarrassing performance to be discussed with the press to Danny Orr for “Experience” would also be as ridiculous.

Danny Orr didn’t pick the team and should not have to face the media. Not a Danny Orr fan at all but he wouldn’t deserve that.

Do you actually really seriously believe some of the tosh you post on here Hudds? Have a day of ffs!!!!!!
You don't like Danny Orr as a person or as an assistant. If its the latter how do you judge a good assistant as we have no idea what his day to day role actually consists of.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 02 Jul 2018, 17:20

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Well if DP decided to “Go on a break” after that shambles as soon as the game was over without addressing the situation then that is ridiculous.

Maybe Powell is just off pouting in a corner because the rfl made us play in a black kit and thats the reason we lost :lol: :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 02 Jul 2018, 17:32

Trust me I've lived in a warm climate for almost 20 years, the last colour you want to be wearing if you've got to graft in the sun is black.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 02 Jul 2018, 17:37

Spanishtiger wrote:Trust me I've lived in a warm climate for almost 20 years, the last colour you want to be wearing if you've got to graft in the sun is black.
I don't doubt that for a second but it was far from the reason we lost lol

Michael Jordan

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 02 Jul 2018, 18:04

Daryl was on our plane with the rest of the players last night just to crush the "gone on a break" rumours.

They all looked very disappointed and they looked to be hurting as much as us, its just one of those things its how they come back from this that matters.

Think some people on here are over reacting asking for season tickets refunding #-o no player enters the pitch not wanting to win just some times things dont go your way n Saturday was one of those times, get over it n we move on.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Jul 2018, 18:36

bad day at the office lets get back on the horse on Sunday

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Jul 2018, 18:38

The only thing that bugs me is these type of “Performances” happen far too often to Cas. I/we have seen it far too often over the years, more so in big games but many times against poor sides.

We can take the injuries as an excuse and maybe even the weather to a degree but these 2 reasons alone do not mean you can’t catch, can’t pass, kick the ball out on the full and can’t tackle any more. All these were very evident in the first 10/15 minutes.

We see the club apologising on the website, yet again, we hear all the “ We can’t wait to put it right” comments yet this kind of performance continues to happen.

We now have 4 very winnable games and if these are won then who knows but who seriously thinks this won’t happen again this season and against a poor side?

heppy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by heppy » 02 Jul 2018, 19:24

What intrigues me and obviously someone more knowledgable than I will answer my question.We missed lots of ones on ones near our own line and we can all name culprits.Holmes Massey,Ellis,Macshane etc,but why were they one on ones?Do fullbacks cover these days?Who was organising the defence?Whois to blame for this showing and can it be fixed?

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 02 Jul 2018, 19:36

jackknife wrote:Daryl was on our plane with the rest of the players last night just to crush the "gone on a break" rumours.

They all looked very disappointed and they looked to be hurting as much as us, its just one of those things its how they come back from this that matters.

Think some people on here are over reacting asking for season tickets refunding #-o no player enters the pitch not wanting to win just some times things dont go your way n Saturday was one of those times, get over it n we move on.
Spot on - there were several reasons we under performed, but I don’t for a minute think it was lack of effort. It was a bad day at the office, we played a bit too much off the cuff stuffs and it didn’t come off, then the heat took its toll. Main thing now is to learn to manage games better and makes Leeds players wish BMcD was still there to defend them!
Danny Boy

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Jul 2018, 19:40

Maybe you should have a day off from promoting conspiracy theories.

There are probably a number of reasons that DP didn’t make post-match comments - it’s just like Cas fans to assume the worst, fuel the worst and rumour-monger when there isn’t a shred of evidence to support it.

DP is a coach but he’s also a leader. His job isn’t just to develop players but also to coach the staff around him to be able to be better, develop their skills and give them the right training to be able to let him do his job effectively and to the best of his ability.

A good manager delegates and shares responsibility and allows others to take on tasks outside their remit in order to develop. The title of Danny Orr is Assistant Coach. What was he doing? He was assisting his coach.

And yes, it isn’t unusual to think that DP may have wanted to spend some time talking to his family, have some personal him time having spent 3 days away. Who knows? He may have gone off to collect his thoughts and have a beer or two himself in the sun. Who knows? Maybe he went and had a chat with Branden Wiliame while he was out in France there.

There’s 3 or 4 reasons more plausible than the rumour for players knocking on and giving away penalties being anything remotely to do with Leeds, which was only announced today.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Jul 2018, 20:46

You defend people at Cas with some absolute garbage reasons/excuses and have done for years.

A leader may get his assistant to help him out, as they do with the warm up, but to send an assistant to explain that embarrassing performance is not what a good leader would or should do, How many managers/coaches send an “Assistant “ when they have been embarrassed compared to when they have been brilliant? All the time.

How many times has an assistant been asked to do the press conference when we were playing as we did last season? 0 that’s how many. You have to take the rough with the smooth and don’t delegate rubbish to their people, especially when it’s their first time.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 02 Jul 2018, 20:53

Spanishtiger wrote:Trust me I've lived in a warm climate for almost 20 years, the last colour you want to be wearing if you've got to graft in the sun is black.
Try it. Dark colours are more cooling in hot weather.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Jul 2018, 21:09

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:You defend people at Cas with some absolute garbage reasons/excuses and have done for years.

A leader may get his assistant to help him out, as they do with the warm up, but to send an assistant to explain that embarrassing performance is not what a good leader would or should do, How many managers/coaches send an “Assistant “ when they have been embarrassed compared to when they have been brilliant? All the time.

How many times has an assistant been asked to do the press conference when we were playing as we did last season? 0 that’s how many. You have to take the rough with the smooth and don’t delegate rubbish to their people, especially when it’s their first time.
I’m not defending anyone other than applying a bit of common sense and logic to proceedings in that there are many reasons as to why DP didn’t offer quotes.

Also it’s unlikely that Cas did a press conference given there was no UK press in attendance. Most will have been watching tv like us and so the quotes will have come via a phone call, or a third party such as the Press Association.

It’s not unusual for Assistant Coaches to speak to the media albeit not rare either. He’s an example from Halifax last season https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... e/41244077

I’ve no idea what the reason was for DP didn’t speak to the journo offering quotes, only that I proffered an alternative view of many other primary reasons as to why he may have delegated it to Danny Orr to comment on.

Here’s another example when Ryan Sheridan spoke about injuries https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... e/43982262

You’re right in that a coach ordinarily would front up to the media. But equally shouldnt an Assistant Coach learning his or her trade also learn on how to take the rough with the smooth too? Perhaps DP was as angry as he was against Saints and therefore felt he had to delegate it to someone else so as to handle it a bit better.

It’s the same as a Manager and Assistant Manager in a workplace. You have to be able to give them the tools to cope in various scenarios.

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 03 Jul 2018, 01:01

Nu Shooze wrote:
In the shade, yes. In direct sunlight, black absorbs all the heat. It’s black because it absorbs all visible radiation...

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 03 Jul 2018, 09:17

SFOtiger wrote:
Nu Shooze wrote:
In the shade, yes. In direct sunlight, black absorbs all the heat. It’s black because it absorbs all visible radiation...
I have worked outside for 30 years also lived abroad In temperatures well over 100 degrees and it's true wearing black in the sun will put you at a disadvantage in terms of sapping your strength quicker.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 03 Jul 2018, 10:47

That makes sense now about wearing black when it’s hot and makes no you a rubbish team.

I wonder when New Zealand All Blacks are going to change so they can be a good side?

Seen some poor excuses in my time but this is very poor.