Catalans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Catalans

Post by orrsome » 01 Jul 2018, 09:27

tigerfeat wrote:Powell said hisen he rated the two wins against wire and wigan among the best hes seen i wonder if hes said were not going out there to bust a gut in that heat
Something didnt look right i rate our forwards the best in the league but they were owned by the frenchmen from start to finish
Agreed. All the Cas forwards (with the possible exception of Clark) looked as though they had accepted defeat and didn’t want to be there from the first minute of the game. The silly penalties, stray passes, dropped balls was not just the forwards but ran through the team.
All were guilty of pinching their wages and short changing us fans.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jul 2018, 09:28

Yes leeds are in a world of trouble now...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 01 Jul 2018, 11:11

43s flyer wrote:
flow wrote:How bad was olivor Holmes got to start dropping bad performance s When get all forwards back dropped off three tackles to which they scored
He's been doing it regularly this season
Yesterday was a bad en from Oggy but along with foster he's been our best forward this year
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 01 Jul 2018, 11:14

the machine wrote:
43s flyer wrote:
flow wrote:How bad was olivor Holmes got to start dropping bad performance s When get all forwards back dropped off three tackles to which they scored
Yesterday was a bad en from Oggy but along with foster he's been our best forward this year
Not for me. Millo has been our best forward by a mile. Most of Foster’s appearance have been as a centre??

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 01 Jul 2018, 11:17

orrsome wrote:
the machine wrote:
43s flyer wrote:
Not for me. Millo has been our best forward by a mile. Most of Foster’s appearance have been as a centre??
Millo and Foster have been the best 2 players all year for us

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 01 Jul 2018, 11:26

tigerfeat wrote:Powell said hisen he rated the two wins against wire and wigan among the best hes seen i wonder if hes said were not going out there to bust a gut in that heat
Something didnt look right i rate our forwards the best in the league but they were owned by the frenchmen from start to finish
Sorry but our forwards are far from best in the league

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 01 Jul 2018, 12:48

Powell had owt to say yet on yesterday’s diabolical effort?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Jul 2018, 12:58

Scoopage wrote:Powell had owt to say yet on yesterday’s diabolical effort?
Not seen a peep.

As much as I love our club, I've said before that this aspect of our operating model is extremely poor.

If you want season tickets bought, fans turning up and loyalty then you have to back that up with different behaviours.

There are mentions of apologies on other threads. I never expect that but I do expect to hear something. It's part of a bit of leadership from the senior guys at the club.

It's a bit like politics - say nothing and hope that,eventually, everyone (especially those how spent hundreds of pounds to get to the bottom end of France) will forget it ever happened.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Jul 2018, 13:09

Oldcasman wrote:
Sorry but our forwards are far from best in the league
We probably have the best set of ball handling forwards in SL.

Where we come unstuck is against sides with genuine size and power. We get bullied and lose the rucks.

With the exception of Watts (even that is debatable) we play without genuine props. We've got back rowers everywhere.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 01 Jul 2018, 13:09

Are you sure that's not more to do with less media over in Catalan, there's often less interviews from Catalan away.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 01 Jul 2018, 15:00

Towns88 wrote:Are you sure that's not more to do with less media over in Catalan, there's often less interviews from Catalan away.
Danny Orr has had an interview published on BBC Sport but not a peep fro DP!!!!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Jul 2018, 10:14

Well I'm over the anger and frustration now.

It's rare we have errors from every player like that, from macca and shenny being easily handed off to knock ons and dropped balls a plenty.

We made mistakes from the start and then continue. I can understand later in the match when you fatigue.

Sometimes darts like this happen. Travelling over early may not be the best option but mini pre season and bonding never dies any harm in the long run.

I'm looking forward to us taking this out on Leeds on Sunday and hoping the is of coach doesn't bond them better than us.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 02 Jul 2018, 12:03

^^ Can't fault that from JW

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 02 Jul 2018, 12:23

still no comment from D P

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Jul 2018, 12:40

He won't comment until he has his press conference. Given we don't play until Sunday, I can't see it until later this week.

I'm not sure why everyone is expecting him to anyway. Plenty of times assistant coaches speak to the media. DP could have gone off for a bit of a break having spent 3/4 days over there, or maybe he thought it would be good to give Danny some experience of handling the media (and by media, I mean probably the Press Association, who then distribute the quotes/reports to everyone else if they don't have a contact).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

The Badger

Post by The Badger » 02 Jul 2018, 14:42

Or maybe he was on the phone to GH :(

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 02 Jul 2018, 14:44

The Badger wrote:Or maybe he was on the phone to GH :(
Aye that's exactly what he was doing :lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Jul 2018, 16:56

Well if DP decided to “Go on a break” after that shambles as soon as the game was over without addressing the situation then that is ridiculous.

To leave an embarrassing performance to be discussed with the press to Danny Orr for “Experience” would also be as ridiculous.

Danny Orr didn’t pick the team and should not have to face the media. Not a Danny Orr fan at all but he wouldn’t deserve that.

Do you actually really seriously believe some of the tosh you post on here Hudds? Have a day of ffs!!!!!!

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 02 Jul 2018, 17:06

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Well if DP decided to “Go on a break” after that shambles as soon as the game was over without addressing the situation then that is ridiculous.

To leave an embarrassing performance to be discussed with the press to Danny Orr for “Experience” would also be as ridiculous.

Danny Orr didn’t pick the team and should not have to face the media. Not a Danny Orr fan at all but he wouldn’t deserve that.

Do you actually really seriously believe some of the tosh you post on here Hudds? Have a day of ffs!!!!!!
You don't like Danny Orr as a person or as an assistant. If its the latter how do you judge a good assistant as we have no idea what his day to day role actually consists of.