super league teams injuries.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

super league teams injuries.

Post by lurcher » 26 Jun 2018, 23:32

can't remember on which board I saw it but it was related to tigers injuries and the poster suggested an award for the team that managed to win a game with the highest total of shirt numbers of the 17 man squad for the game so I had a little look at last weeks games.
for example, if you managed to start a game with your first choice 1 to 17 shirt numbers would would total, 153.
cas v wigan were 2 weakened teams. cas shirt total 296 and they won, wigan shirt total 277.
wakey shirt total 200, widnes shirt total 285 and wakey won easy.
leeds put up a really good fight when you consider it was rhino's shirt numbers 318 catalan shirt numbers 264.
its not foolproof though as we signed watts mid season on shirt number 32 which in theory should make the team look weaker but the opposite is true and we are much stronger when liam is included.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: super league teams injuries.

Post by nottinghamtiger » 26 Jun 2018, 23:41

lurcher wrote:can't remember on which board I saw it but it was related to tigers injuries and the poster suggested an award for the team that managed to win a game with the highest total of shirt numbers of the 17 man squad for the game so I had a little look at last weeks games.
for example, if you managed to start a game with your first choice 1 to 17 shirt numbers would would total, 153.
cas v wigan were 2 weakened teams. cas shirt total 296 and they won, wigan shirt total 277.
leeds put up a really good fight when you consider it was rhino's shirt numbers 318 catalan shirt numbers 264.
its not foolproof though as we signed watts mid season on shirt number 32 which in theory should make the team look weaker but the opposite is true and we are much stronger when liam is included.
I think the poster in question has too much time in his/her hands.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jun 2018, 23:43

lurcher wrote:can't remember on which board I saw it but it was related to tigers injuries and the poster suggested an award for the team that managed to win a game with the highest total of shirt numbers of the 17 man squad for the game so I had a little look at last weeks games.
Cracking post mate

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Jun 2018, 01:03

nottinghamtiger wrote:
retired mate, I can highly recommend it. as you can see with the time of the post I go to bed when I want. :lol:

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 Jun 2018, 08:47

nottinghamtiger wrote:
But interesting nonetheless, which is why I come on here.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 27 Jun 2018, 09:56

Great post Lurcher!
Danny Boy

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 27 Jun 2018, 11:15

Doesn't work. As mid season signings get high numbers.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 27 Jun 2018, 12:01

I think it works for Saints.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Jun 2018, 13:02

Surely any mid-season recruit who would be in the starting 17 all being fit could just get an arbitrary number (e.g. 17)

That way there's no bias and certainly no argument that it's unfair.

The only issue would be when you have a first-team player who deliberately selects a number outside of 1-17 (e.g. McGoldrick and 23).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 27 Jun 2018, 15:51

Ben Westwood at wire wears 34 most teams have a player like that.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 27 Jun 2018, 17:24

cogito ergo sum wrote:I think it works for Saints.
Barba wears 23.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Jun 2018, 20:28

Looks like oli Holmes is fit to play Saturday.
Said on is show tonight he’s up for selection and travelling tomorrow.
That’s one back.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 27 Jun 2018, 20:43

old cas lass wrote:Looks like oli Holmes is fit to play Saturday.
That’s one back.
Teams normally travel there and back same day nowadays. Are Cas staying 2 nights???? Out Thursday and back Saturday?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 27 Jun 2018, 20:44

orrsome wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Looks like oli Holmes is fit to play Saturday.
That’s one back.
Teams normally travel there and back same day nowadays. Are Cas staying 2 nights???? Out Thursday and back Saturday?
Sorry friday. I’ve have a funny week with days this week.
Last edited by old cas lass on 27 Jun 2018, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Jun 2018, 20:44

dettoriman wrote:Doesn't work. As mid season signings get high numbers.
I did say that if you read the full post