Unprofessional...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Unprofessional...

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Jun 2018, 22:59

I can forgive Moors and Millo being off the boil given they played virtually a full game versus Wigan.

Wrong decision to start with Moors. Should have spelled him. Must have been knackered and in that heat sapped out of them having to defend so much.

Can’t criticise Egodo as I don’t think there was much he could do and ditto Clare, who actually scored an outstanding try.

We got beaten in the forwards, lost the energy battle and lost the ruck. Couple that with some extremely bad defending and poor ball control in attack we were always going to lose.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 23:26

HuddsTigers wrote:I can forgive Moors and Millo being off the boil given they played virtually a full game versus Wigan.

Wrong decision to start with Moors. Should have spelled him. Must have been knackered and in that heat sapped out of them having to defend so much.

Can’t criticise Egodo as I don’t think there was much he could do and ditto Clare, who actually scored an outstanding try.

We got beaten in the forwards, lost the energy battle and lost the ruck. Couple that with some extremely bad defending and poor ball control in attack we were always going to lose.
I was actually been positive about Claire in that he did some decent stuff (Not many did). Tempered, with my criticism, which is he has a bad habit of knocking on from simple kick catches, which puts us under the Kosh. QLT seems to do a similar issue. If both do it once or twice a game it really puts you under the Kosh. That been said Watts was the worst offender today.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 30 Jun 2018, 23:41

Terrible performace
BUT to pick on individual players (Egodo or Clare especially) is pathetic
The Castleford Tigers stuffed Warrington away as a team, they pulled off a great win against Wigan as a team. And in the South of France they were abysmal as a team.
cum on you Ford

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Jun 2018, 23:42

Well I was one of those who went to the game and spent good money watching the tripe that was served up today.
The whole 17 should be ashamed of their performance as not one player can hold their heads up and say that they earned their money today
I know that a lot of Cas fans make a boozy holiday weekend out of it but they wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the game.
As far as I am concerned enough is enough and I shall not be spending my money on the trip next year.
Along with most Cas fans I can take losing if the team at least put effort in, but today it was absolutely embarrassing to sit there and witness that pathetic performance.
The team really don’t deserve the fantastic effort and the money that about a thousand of us spent to witness that garbage they served up today.
I’ve now done the trip for 10 years but no more. Next year I’ll watch it on tv and save my cash to spend on something that represents value for money which certainly was not the case today.
I really do think that the travelling support today deserve an apology.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 23:46

Get a grip. It would be a pretty dull forum if all anyone said is "we were rubbish as a team"

Probably better reading the context of comments regards individuals too first before labelling things pathetic.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Jun 2018, 23:51

KB80 wrote:Get a grip. It would be a pretty dull forum if all anyone said is "we were rubbish as a team"

Probably better reading the context of comments regards individuals too first before labelling things pathetic.
No mate, it’s you who should get a grip. Please don’t tell me after 60 years of suppprting Cas how I should view a shambolic performance that I sat through today.
To a man, the players who took the field today should hang their heads in shame and apologise to the travelling supporters like me.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 23:54

orrsome wrote:
KB80 wrote:Get a grip. It would be a pretty dull forum if all anyone said is "we were rubbish as a team"

No mate, it’s you who should get a grip. Please don’t tell me after 60 years of suppprting Cas how I should view a shambolic performance that I sat through today.
To a man, the players who took the field today should hang their heads in shame and apologise to the travelling supporters like me.
Post wasn't in response to you mate, it was the one above yours. We must have just posted at the same time!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 01 Jul 2018, 08:30

To be fair, he’s right though. It wasn’t just one individual making mistakes. Watts made too many silly offloads, Shenton dropped the ball, Ellis missed some tackles and kicked the ball out on the full, Holmes was dominated several times in defence, Clare dropped the ball, Clark gave away a penalty. Then you had some who didn’t look like they had the legs or energy. Given how many pens given away there’s probably a few more I haven’t named. Then you can list every one who missed a tackle too.

There isn’t one individual who cost us while everyone else played superb. To a man they all contributed to the defeat, by either turning over the ball or giving them extra advantage, while all the time sapping energy out of the rest of the team.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 01 Jul 2018, 08:52

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:Bloody hell.

Lose one game with a severely depleted squad, away to Catalans (who are not pushovers at home) and people are demanding apologies...

Well here's my response to that: Get tae... I'll let you work out what the last word is.

Yeah they were awful today, yeah they looked like they werent up for it, but this season Cas are still doing better than could be hoped for given the massive disruption we've suffered, so an off day does not warrant some of the responses here.

Now, if they play like that again then maybe...
That sort of echoes the "shrug of the shoulders, losing is ok, we will always be viewed as not having a winning mentality" attitude a lot of us saw on the park today.

Do you think that any of the greats of the game would agree with your point of view?

Would Reilly or Raper agree with you?
No one said loosing is acceptable, but, after outstanding performances against wire n Wigan when everyone was blowing smoke up the players backsides now after one poor performance the same supporters are now DEMANDING an apology like the performance was a personal attack. I'm sure the guys are embarrassed by this display, if they aren't they should be, yes it's cost a lot of people a lot if money but that's the risk you take.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Jul 2018, 09:16

I hope the players are hurting and hurting bad. It was like game 1 all over again. The guys need to use that pain now to keep pushing for the top 2.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 01 Jul 2018, 09:21

Lessons need to be reviewed regarding the trip to Perpignan in the future...in fact there's a possibility we could be going there again in the super 8s. The conditions could very well be the same.

I thought going down Thurs would help us prepare for the hot conditions,clearly not. If the players have treat it as abit of a beano they cannot moan if the club revert back to the usual fly down on the day.

If we do play them again in France i expect our travelling support to be greatly reduced as well.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 06 Jul 2018, 11:26

orrsome wrote:Well I was one of those who went to the game and spent good money watching the tripe that was served up today.
The whole 17 should be ashamed of their performance as not one player can hold their heads up and say that they earned their money today
I know that a lot of Cas fans make a boozy holiday weekend out of it but they wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the game.
As far as I am concerned enough is enough and I shall not be spending my money on the trip next year.
Along with most Cas fans I can take losing if the team at least put effort in, but today it was absolutely embarrassing to sit there and witness that pathetic performance.
The team really don’t deserve the fantastic effort and the money that about a thousand of us spent to witness that garbage they served up today.
I’ve now done the trip for 10 years but no more. Next year I’ll watch it on tv and save my cash to spend on something that represents value for money which certainly was not the case today.
It really is a shame you feel like that, as a fellow supporter who has been every time we have played there (apart from the friendly), it is a trip I will do every year, its a great weekend, the Catalans club are fantastic with us as fans and really appreciate us making the journey.

Yes the result was disappointing and the effort from the boys just wasn't there unfortunately but that will not put me off enjoying a fantastic weekend with other Cas, Catalans fans and the wider French / Spanish folk who make us all feel so welcome. To me, the weekend is more than the 80 minutes of rugby, its celebrating a game that has been suppressed in a RL loving region and country for the last 100 years. If I can do a little to stick 2 fingers up to the French government then I will.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 06 Jul 2018, 11:55

Great post!!!!

I too was massively disappointed following the game.

Seeing the Cas fans back in Lloret and in reasonably good spirits made me feel better.

I had a week in Lloret at some considerable cost but it is more that just the game.

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 06 Jul 2018, 12:03

StevieTheTV wrote:
orrsome wrote:Well I was one of those who went to the game and spent good money watching the tripe that was served up today.
It really is a shame you feel like that, as a fellow supporter who has been every time we have played there (apart from the friendly), it is a trip I will do every year, its a great weekend, the Catalans club are fantastic with us as fans and really appreciate us making the journey.

Yes the result was disappointing and the effort from the boys just wasn't there unfortunately but that will not put me off enjoying a fantastic weekend with other Cas, Catalans fans and the wider French / Spanish folk who make us all feel so welcome. To me, the weekend is more than the 80 minutes of rugby, its celebrating a game that has been suppressed in a RL loving region and country for the last 100 years. If I can do a little to stick 2 fingers up to the French government then I will.
:clap: :clap:

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 07 Jul 2018, 00:39

StevieTheTV wrote:

Great post - sadly the powers that be in France appear to have allowed, even encouraged rugby league to be to be positively discriminated against! Thankfully, there is still a loyal and committed following for the 13 a side game in the South of France, otherwise the game would die in mainland Europe.
Danny Boy

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 Jul 2018, 08:19

Talk about an over reaction. Jesus christ

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 07 Jul 2018, 08:21

You best hope they put some effort in tom then otherwise you want be attending another home game ever !!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 07 Jul 2018, 08:42

:-({|=

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 07 Jul 2018, 13:44

Casmoley wrote:

:-({|=
cut out the personal abuse

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 07 Jul 2018, 14:01

orrsome wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

[-X