Unprofessional...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Unprofessional...

Post by SuffolkTiger » 30 Jun 2018, 20:16

That was totally unacceptable.

Words like intimidated, weak, and daunted are applicable.

We showed a lack of intelligence and a lack of courage.

Those choosing to sugar coat it will blame the heat and injuries. Those with a more balanced view will say that the attitude was all wrong.

It was obvious we were beaten with barely a minute gone.

In summary, it shows a total lack of respect for the magnificent travelling support.

Old Cas, old problem. Embarrassing.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Unprofessional...

Post by old cas lass » 30 Jun 2018, 20:19

Totally agree Suffolk.

I’m now clinging on to us putting it right next week v the loiners.
Beat them and it will wash away this very unprofessional performance from professional rugby league players.
Let’s see how they react next Sunday.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Jun 2018, 20:30

I think there came a time in the first half when it was obvious what was going to occur i felt sorry for all the travelling support fantastic as it always is hope theres some apology given to them
Hope theres some real good signings announced soon for next year as well we desperatly need two or three good players bringing in to keep us rolling forward
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 30 Jun 2018, 20:53

watch how quiet twitter is this week

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 20:53

Shocking performance.

Ellis - garbage, doesn't offer much in attack. Kicking game isn't reliable. Tackles like a plastic plant pot. Fat and lazy.

Egodu - Didn't look ready tbh.

Shenton - poor game seemed to be constantly flailing about the field.

Claire - some decent stuff, but needs to learn to catch the ball consistently.

The pack, soft to a man today. Need to run the ball in with convictions instead of constantly trying to slow, turn and offload.

Feel sorry for everyone who's shelled out to go see that pea hearted performance.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 30 Jun 2018, 21:11

KB80 wrote:Shocking performance.

Ellis - garbage, doesn't offer much in attack. Kicking game isn't reliable. Tackles like a plastic plant pot. Fat and lazy.

The pack, soft to a man today. Need to run the ball in with convictions instead of constantly trying to slow, turn and offload.

Feel sorry for everyone who's shelled out to go see that pea hearted performance.

some odd picks there, thought there were a good handful worse than Egodo & Clare.

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 30 Jun 2018, 21:22

Thought Egodu was solid enough in defence, the right side never saw the ball no he was no existent in attack.

One player who caught my eye in a bad way was Olly Holmes, I love Olly as a player and a lad but he was simply shocking tonight, however he wasn't on his own

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 30 Jun 2018, 21:23

Well...there's no hiding place for any in that squad today - total cr.p !

The only players I would say had a bit of decent game was Millo, QLT, Cook and Clare (apart for a couple of things).

The tackling and passing of the ball was like watching the under 9's.

Truman and Ellis were dire and had no invention as playmakers, Shenton was also useless and Jake was like "missing in action" - Just look how Wigan destroyed Leeds with using width of passing ! nothing from Cas to run any moves and it was like watching an amateur side !

Liam Watts looked totally rusty and error ridden and Junior wasn't at the races either.

To be honest, facing a big side in those energy sapping conditions was always going to be a tough ask but it was like watching a side already resorting to losing and capitulating after 10 minutes into the first half !

The only saving grace here is that so many players are missing and I just hope Gale, Eden, Roberts, Foster, Wardle, Milner (missing today) can make the difference going into the back end of the season.

Let's hope they can pick it back up v Rhinos but make no mistake, Catalans are on a roll and even Wakey are looking hard to beat so it's going to be a lot more interesting !

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 21:26

Casmoley wrote:

some odd picks there, thought there were a good handful worse than Egodo & Clare.
Dealt with the pack as a whole. Egudo just didn't look comfortable. Clare was decent but needs to cut these no pressure knock ons out.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 30 Jun 2018, 21:50

You lot should get a reality check. The team have been out there on a mini holiday for the last 2 days and it shows big time. Not the end of the world. Looked like a team with a hangover and I'm sure they were.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 30 Jun 2018, 21:54

SuffolkTiger wrote:That was totally unacceptable.

Words like intimidated, weak, and daunted are applicable.

We showed a lack of intelligence and a lack of courage.

Those choosing to sugar coat it will blame the heat and injuries. Those with a more balanced view will say that the attitude was all wrong.

It was obvious we were beaten with barely a minute gone.

In summary, it shows a total lack of respect for the magnificent travelling support.

Old Cas, old problem. Embarrassing.
:clap: on the coach back to lloret now mate and feel so let down it’s unreal.i can Take losing to some extent and I half expected us to lose but I also expected us to give our all.that was embarrassing,not a person who thinks we can never lose like some but that was atrocious.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 30 Jun 2018, 21:57

Bloody hell.

Lose one game with a severely depleted squad, away to Catalans (who are not pushovers at home) and people are demanding apologies...

Well here's my response to that: Get tae... I'll let you work out what the last word is.

Yeah they were awful today, yeah they looked like they werent up for it, but this season Cas are still doing better than could be hoped for given the massive disruption we've suffered, so an off day does not warrant some of the responses here.

Now, if they play like that again then maybe...

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 30 Jun 2018, 21:57

KB80 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Dealt with the pack as a whole. Egudo just didn't look comfortable. Clare was decent but needs to cut these no pressure knock ons out.

why? it was the pack that was Ill disciplined.. full off errors and soft as a pillow.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 22:08

Casmoley wrote:
KB80 wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

why? it was the pack that was Ill disciplined.. full off errors and soft as a pillow.
Exactly. I said the pack was soft to a man and looked dire. I'd just be listing names and writing the same comment about each of them.

In terms of Egodu just stuck in my memory that he overan a couple of passes creating handling errors and I just didn't think he looked ready for the challenge and at times physicality, overunning passes can be a sign you are focusing on the defenders and not the ball, especially on 1st tackle carries (Tough place for an inexperienced young player to make his 2nd SL appearance). Not a massive critism of him. He was better than Ellis and pretty much all our pack to name a few.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 30 Jun 2018, 22:25

Squaddie86 wrote:Bloody hell.

Lose one game with a severely depleted squad, away to Catalans (who are not pushovers at home) and people are demanding apologies...

Well here's my response to that: Get tae... I'll let you work out what the last word is.

Yeah they were awful today, yeah they looked like they werent up for it, but this season Cas are still doing better than could be hoped for given the massive disruption we've suffered, so an off day does not warrant some of the responses here.

Now, if they play like that again then maybe...
That sort of echoes the "shrug of the shoulders, losing is ok, we will always be viewed as not having a winning mentality" attitude a lot of us saw on the park today.

Do you think that any of the greats of the game would agree with your point of view?

Would Reilly or Raper agree with you?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Jun 2018, 22:59

I can forgive Moors and Millo being off the boil given they played virtually a full game versus Wigan.

Wrong decision to start with Moors. Should have spelled him. Must have been knackered and in that heat sapped out of them having to defend so much.

Can’t criticise Egodo as I don’t think there was much he could do and ditto Clare, who actually scored an outstanding try.

We got beaten in the forwards, lost the energy battle and lost the ruck. Couple that with some extremely bad defending and poor ball control in attack we were always going to lose.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 23:26

HuddsTigers wrote:I can forgive Moors and Millo being off the boil given they played virtually a full game versus Wigan.

Wrong decision to start with Moors. Should have spelled him. Must have been knackered and in that heat sapped out of them having to defend so much.

Can’t criticise Egodo as I don’t think there was much he could do and ditto Clare, who actually scored an outstanding try.

We got beaten in the forwards, lost the energy battle and lost the ruck. Couple that with some extremely bad defending and poor ball control in attack we were always going to lose.
I was actually been positive about Claire in that he did some decent stuff (Not many did). Tempered, with my criticism, which is he has a bad habit of knocking on from simple kick catches, which puts us under the Kosh. QLT seems to do a similar issue. If both do it once or twice a game it really puts you under the Kosh. That been said Watts was the worst offender today.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 30 Jun 2018, 23:41

Terrible performace
BUT to pick on individual players (Egodo or Clare especially) is pathetic
The Castleford Tigers stuffed Warrington away as a team, they pulled off a great win against Wigan as a team. And in the South of France they were abysmal as a team.
cum on you Ford

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Jun 2018, 23:42

Well I was one of those who went to the game and spent good money watching the tripe that was served up today.
The whole 17 should be ashamed of their performance as not one player can hold their heads up and say that they earned their money today
I know that a lot of Cas fans make a boozy holiday weekend out of it but they wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t for the game.
As far as I am concerned enough is enough and I shall not be spending my money on the trip next year.
Along with most Cas fans I can take losing if the team at least put effort in, but today it was absolutely embarrassing to sit there and witness that pathetic performance.
The team really don’t deserve the fantastic effort and the money that about a thousand of us spent to witness that garbage they served up today.
I’ve now done the trip for 10 years but no more. Next year I’ll watch it on tv and save my cash to spend on something that represents value for money which certainly was not the case today.
I really do think that the travelling support today deserve an apology.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Jun 2018, 23:46

Get a grip. It would be a pretty dull forum if all anyone said is "we were rubbish as a team"

Probably better reading the context of comments regards individuals too first before labelling things pathetic.