Fixture change.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Fixture change.

Post by Nobody » 12 Jul 2018, 14:20

What's the difference in me buying a match day ticket and giving it away because I can't go and someone using my season ticket for the same scenario?

It's all bought and paid for. The only problem I can see is someone buying a concession or junior season ticket and not being eligible due to lying about their age. This I can understand the club asking for ID but for a full adult season ticket what difference does it make who uses it?
🐯 COYF!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2018, 14:29

Just guessing but it's probably the fact that ST holders are counted in the crowd, whereas a paid for ticket isn't until it's used.

If you have 3,500 ST holders and everyone gives it away to someone else, the club makes no money on admission fees and the home crowd remains at 3,500. If you have 3,500 ST holders + 3,500 POTG, who pass on the ticket you're getting extra money in the bank. Doesn't matter the user really in the end.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2018, 14:41

Interesting article here from Brighton FC about their policies and the reasons why:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/n ... the-club-/

Be good if the club did something similar. They have a policy of being able to upgrade your ST for a game for the cost of the difference, and also upgrading Junior tickets for mid week games where they may not be able to attend.

Also some good information on why including that (in football anyway) it's illegal to even give away tickets free of charge.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 12 Jul 2018, 15:23

Whats the big deal ? If me and hubby purchase a season ticket and cant attend a match and our son and daughter in law can why cant they use it? They come in to the game buy a programme, golden gamble, food and drink so they are still helping the club and we aren't losing out on our season ticket. Its time cas started to repay us fans for sticking with them through thick and thin not penalising us because sky decide to change fixtures - we have lives outside of rugby that sometimes deny us our cas fix.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 12 Jul 2018, 15:31

I understand both sides. I was an season ticket holder for many seasons but , summer rugby came along, it meant either giving up holidays or games. When you take into consideration, it wasn't worth buying one for season as I would miss at least thee games. As it works out at present, I will attend more away games than home games, but that is how the fixtures pan out. It will never suit everyone till the RL say all games to be played on one particular day of the week and the fans know where they stand,but then TV revenue drops.My opinion is that no one buys a season ticket, and before I get slated, I know the clubs need money in early to keep the banks happy.

Footnote: You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please people all of the time.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Jul 2018, 16:32

johnson wrote:Whats the big deal ? If me and hubby purchase a season ticket and cant attend a match and our son and daughter in law can why cant they use it? They come in to the game buy a programme, golden gamble, food and drink so they are still helping the club and we aren't losing out on our season ticket. Its time cas started to repay us fans for sticking with them through thick and thin not penalising us because sky decide to change fixtures - we have lives outside of rugby that sometimes deny us our cas fix.
This

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 12 Jul 2018, 17:05

HuddsTigers wrote:Just guessing but it's probably the fact that ST holders are counted in the crowd, whereas a paid for ticket isn't until it's used.

If you have 3,500 ST holders and everyone gives it away to someone else, the club makes no money on admission fees and the home crowd remains at 3,500. If you have 3,500 ST holders + 3,500 POTG, who pass on the ticket you're getting extra money in the bank. Doesn't matter the user really in the end.
Season ticket holders are not counted in the attendance unless they turn up, the turnstile counters give the crowd figures and this was stated last season by the club.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 12 Jul 2018, 22:34

as some one has said what's the difference in transferring a season ticket and selling on a pre bought ticket. on sunday I was queueing to pay cash at a concession turnstyle. I was approached by a very polite young man who offered to sell me his seating concession ticket which his granddad had bought but was too ill to attend. I bought the ticket but didn't take the seating option but stood in WRE. should I feel guilty?
jo brand is eddie warings love child