First Visit

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MerchantNavy70

Re: First Visit

Post by MerchantNavy70 » 13 Jul 2018, 10:21

Thanks Everyone, Tickets and Hotel booked ,can't wait.
In answer to a previous question, Growing up I always watched Rugby League on the BBC and Cas were my chosen team,Why I don't know, went to 1970 challenge cup final ,When I left school joined Merchant Navy and also livng in Devon and Essex it would have been a bit of a jaunt, poor excuse I know and followed Cas on BBC and Sky, was going to 2014 final but was in hospital.
Now retired and finally talked wife into us making the trip with a promise of a visit to the Outlet we are coming , and fingers crossed more trips to follow.
Good Luck Tonight.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Jul 2018, 10:49

JIN JER wrote:
MerchantNavy70 wrote:Hi ,from an Oldie travelling up from down south with the wife for our first match ,against Huddersfield,before I order my tickets could I please ask.
Does a standing ticket allow entrance to all areas and if so which area would have the best view.
Do you get a decent view from the seating area.
Is the ground close to the train station or would a taxi from Junction 42 (where we are staying) be better. Many Thanks.
A couple of questions, why has it taken so long to get to Cas to a game?
Secondly, what made you choose this shower? :)
Enjoy your first experience. ;)

Maybe you will be enjoying the middle 8's if you loose tonight. Big game now :dance: :dance:

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 13:23

Wow, that got a bite. :) :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 13:23

fords wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
MerchantNavy70 wrote:Hi ,from an Oldie travelling up from down south with the wife for our first match ,against Huddersfield,before I order my tickets could I please ask.
Does a standing ticket allow entrance to all areas and if so which area would have the best view.
Is the ground close to the train station or would a taxi from Junction 42 (where we are staying) be better. Many Thanks.

Maybe you will be enjoying the middle 8's if you loose tonight. Big game now :dance: :dance:
Be even worse if we lose. :)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 13:24

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Thanks Everyone, Tickets and Hotel booked ,can't wait.
In answer to a previous question, Growing up I always watched Rugby League on the BBC and Cas were my chosen team,Why I don't know, went to 1970 challenge cup final ,When I left school joined Merchant Navy and also livng in Devon and Essex it would have been a bit of a jaunt, poor excuse I know and followed Cas on BBC and Sky, was going to 2014 final but was in hospital.
Now retired and finally talked wife into us making the trip with a promise of a visit to the Outlet we are coming , and fingers crossed more trips to follow.
Good Luck Tonight.
Have a good one matey.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 13 Jul 2018, 13:40

Not if you lose, when you lose. Leeds have 3 home games running including you lot and I believe they will win all 3. Strange how anyone can get their last 3 at home to 3 crap teams?

Middle 8s for Wakey and thankfully no embarrassing squeals for Chester as Coach of the Year.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Jul 2018, 14:00

Leeds last game is away to Salford

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Jul 2018, 17:34

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Thanks Everyone, Tickets and Hotel booked ,can't wait.
Good Luck Tonight.
Safe trip up - hope you enjoy it.

If you could clarify where you are staying it will help us all give you a bit more detail on how to get to the ground etc.

I'm working in Leicester on the day of the game and travelling up late afternoon. Happy to scoop you both up from the hotel and get you to the ground if it helps if we can make the timings work....

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 18:04

gateman wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
JIN JER not worth a response
:) :) :) But you did.....

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 13 Jul 2018, 18:22

JIN JER wrote:
gateman wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Steady on Jinj old son - read the relationship we have with you on here for what is.

You are a bit like a stray ginger tom that looks seemingly friendly that was wandered into our back garden.

We humour you and give you a scrap or two and don't mind you hanging about - start weeing on the the geraniums, however, and we might take the saucer of milk away.

An away win for your lot tonight might get you a fish flavoured treat - have you had many of those before...??

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Jul 2018, 18:26

SuffolkTiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
gateman wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Steady on Jinj old son - read the relationship we have with you on here for what is.

You are a bit like a stray ginger tom that looks seemingly friendly that was wandered into our back garden.

We humour you and give you a scrap or two and don't mind you hanging about - start weeing on the the geraniums, however, and we might take the saucer of milk away.

An away win for your lot tonight might get you a fish flavoured treat - have you had many of those before...??
:lol: you make me laugh

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jul 2018, 18:32

SuffolkTiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
gateman wrote:
JIN JER wrote:

all Wakey women are fish flavoured treats aren’t they? I’d assume so then ;)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 18:40

Dear me, tetchy or what? :(

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Jul 2018, 18:41

SuffolkTiger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
gateman wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
I'll take that as a threat then eh? :)

MerchantNavy70

Post by MerchantNavy70 » 23 Jul 2018, 19:50

Oh well I have seen them at their worse so future visits will be better performance wise.
Enjoyed the visit met some friendly fans in Glassblower and at the ground.
Visited 3 supporters shops and put a few bob in the tills.
Wife is still on about how impressed she was everyone was decked out in colours.
On a different note I was happy with taxi fares £3 each way into town from J31 hotel down here it would be £3 before the seat belt was on.
Looking forward to next and future visits, thanks everyone for all the answers to my earlier Questions.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 23 Jul 2018, 20:45

MerchantNavy70 wrote:Oh well I have seen them at their worse so future visits will be better performance wise.
Enjoyed the visit met some friendly fans in Glassblower and at the ground.
Visited 3 supporters shops and put a few bob in the tills.
Wife is still on about how impressed she was everyone was decked out in colours.
On a different note I was happy with taxi fares £3 each way into town from J31 hotel down here it would be £3 before the seat belt was on.
Looking forward to next and future visits, thanks everyone for all the answers to my earlier Questions.
The atmosphere will be much better next time you venture up here! As I’m sure you will remember, all was looking so good after 15 mins, but unfortunately that’s as good as it got for the Huddersfield game, most home games are the ultimate in experiences! Hopefully you’ll be up for a super 8s game and the place will be rocking to Sweet Caroline on your next visit!
Danny Boy