Springer - gone before the deadline?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Springer - gone before the deadline?

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Jul 2018, 12:55

Springer's exclusion from the squad and Powell's inclusion of a young kid makes me wonder whether we've agreed a deal for him to leave now before the deadline, ahead of the Super 8s. What does everyone think?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Springer - gone before the deadline?

Post by ERG2012 » 18 Jul 2018, 13:25

HuddsTigers wrote:Springer's exclusion from the squad and Powell's inclusion of a young kid makes me wonder whether we've agreed a deal for him to leave now before the deadline, ahead of the Super 8s. What does everyone think?
I think you might have a point. Maybe he's been released to bolster a club wanting to challenge for promotion/survival.

Pity really he's one hell of a physical unit. Stick Mitch Clarks'/Milner approach in his body and he'd be one massive asset.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jul 2018, 15:27

HuddsTigers wrote:Springer's exclusion from the squad and Powell's inclusion of a young kid makes me wonder whether we've agreed a deal for him to leave now before the deadline, ahead of the Super 8s. What does everyone think?

Your line of thinking makes sense to me Hudds. The only other reason could be that Springer has picked up another knock, but I do have a feeling that you may be right and he'll be gone before the deadline

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 18 Jul 2018, 15:43

Maybe Springer is going back on dual reg with Halifax to help with their push for the top 4, especially with big Will not being brought back in to the squad also like he as of late.
Springer just replacing Green now he as left for the Bulls.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Jul 2018, 19:01

Leeds fans seem to think that Springer is on his way to them till at least end of the season...

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 19 Jul 2018, 23:03

heritage1926 wrote:Leeds fans seem to think that Springer is on his way to them till at least end of the season...

They have already signed crosby from wire til end or the season on loan