Come Back Benny Roberts all is forgiven.....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Re: Come Back Benny Roberts all is forgiven.....

Post by Tigerwood posse » 21 Jul 2018, 06:56

You have to be pessimistic about our chances of doing anything this season after that display, the ease with which we were torn apart by a 36 year old Danny brough and an average stand off in gaskill was extremely worrying, we couldn’t cope with their speed of movement and bodies in motion, they looked like they could score at will at some points in the game, other teams will have seen how easily we were ripped apart last night and will know exactly how to rip us to shreds, we had a very good team (on paper) out on the paddock last night, but considering the opposition, that was the worst performance in 4 years, absolutely shocking!!!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Jul 2018, 07:21

the machine wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:
flow wrote:Ok ellis was poor so was all back line webster could hardly walk shenton was a discrace clare shunt got two year contract we need to invest in back line on plus rhinos wil be bottom four silver lining. Lol.
Clare was probably our best back tonight, not that he actually did much

Ellis could have had 3/4 tries if he'd dived over the line instead of passing with his eyes shut

after being booed because of dummying you could tell he didn't want to do it again incase he was tackled and booed again I think our own fans cast doubt in his mind.
Tbf near the end he was getting booed whatever he did

exactly. Didn't hear Eden or Shenton being booed at. Us Cas fans are very good at picking out one player to slate.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jul 2018, 07:35

Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:
flow wrote:Ok ellis was poor so was all back line webster could hardly walk shenton was a discrace clare shunt got two year contract we need to invest in back line on plus rhinos wil be bottom four silver lining. Lol.

Ellis could have had 3/4 tries if he'd dived over the line instead of passing with his eyes shut

after being booed because of dummying you could tell he didn't want to do it again incase he was tackled and booed again I think our own fans cast doubt in his mind.

exactly. Didn't hear Eden or Shenton being booed at. Us Cas fans are very good at picking out one player to slate.
They all deserved to be booed but ellis should be nowhere near a cas shirt ever.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2018, 07:42

Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:
Casmoley wrote:
the machine wrote:

Those two contributed alot more to our downfall yesterday than ellis that's for Sure
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Jul 2018, 07:49

Tigerwood posse wrote:You have to be pessimistic about our chances of doing anything this season after that display, the ease with which we were torn apart by a 36 year old Danny brough and an average stand off in gaskill was extremely worrying, we couldn’t cope with their speed of movement and bodies in motion, they looked like they could score at will at some points in the game, other teams will have seen how easily we were ripped apart last night and will know exactly how to rip us to shreds, we had a very good team (on paper) out on the paddock last night, but considering the opposition, that was the worst performance in 4 years, absolutely shocking!!!
well said mate after Catalans and last nights match i am begining to wish the season was over for us this is from a man who cant get enough of RL taking in up to four matches a week, it as been the fashion of us CAS fans to pick on a player tonight you could have been justified picking on a few

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2018, 08:07

Ellis plays to his level we knew that when we signed him he gives his best most of our other backs were worse than him last night but he did make the killer mistake not finding touch from a penalty and them scoring instead of going in six points up we went in level as things unfolded in second half they would still have won in a canter if broughy had kicked the goals and they not bombed a couple of trys they would have got 50
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 21 Jul 2018, 08:10

gateman wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:You have to be pessimistic about our chances of doing anything this season after that display, the ease with which we were torn apart by a 36 year old Danny brough and an average stand off in gaskill was extremely worrying, we couldn’t cope with their speed of movement and bodies in motion, they looked like they could score at will at some points in the game, other teams will have seen how easily we were ripped apart last night and will know exactly how to rip us to shreds, we had a very good team (on paper) out on the paddock last night, but considering the opposition, that was the worst performance in 4 years, absolutely shocking!!!
well said mate after Catalans and last nights match i am begining to wish the season was over for us this is from a man who cant get enough of RL taking in up to four matches a week, it as been the fashion of us CAS fans to pick on a player tonight you could have been justified picking on a few
You wish the season was over due to a few bad games? Wow.

Some of you need to look at the bigger picture. We are in the top 4 having players out. If we have a little luck with injuries and get bodies back in super 8s we can perform again.

Top 4 finish is still on and still get fans complaining. Think some of you are over reacting.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2018, 08:17

Jesus you would hope we finish in the top four given our points lead over hull and them barely able to raise a team
Vince Lombardi

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 21 Jul 2018, 08:36

Don’t blame Ellis for being crap, blame whoever it was who gave him a 3 year deal.

We all knew what we were getting but apparently this person didn’t.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jul 2018, 08:42

alftupper wrote:Don’t blame Ellis for being crap, blame whoever it was who gave him a 3 year deal.

Weren’t that Steve gill, could be wrong.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2018, 08:45

Swagger wrote:
gateman wrote:
You wish the season was over due to a few bad games? Wow.

Some of you need to look at the bigger picture. We are in the top 4 having players out. If we have a little luck with injuries and get bodies back in super 8s we can perform again.

we are in the top four very true but I don't think its because we have had a good season more to do with a lot off poor sides in the league if hudds and Catalans had played well all season we would be around 7th and 8th we have to sort backline out for next year need fullback another winger at least one more centre and standoff but the directors will fetch in more cheap crap hoping powell can work is wonder's for a bargain . We also need to get rid off all sick notes whos on top wages Roberts wardle gets injured every time he gets tackled

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2018, 09:16

I thought they were poor last night but it’s ridiculous to say where we would have finished ‘if others had played well’
Cats turned it round with injury returns and an astute half back signing. Huddersfield played poorly with injuries and are recovering due to returns and, like Catalans the threat of relegation
We have beaten everyone except Saints despite all our injuries, and are still throwing in more good results than bad week in week out.There is still a possibility of second if we win next week and if ever there was an ‘if’ team it’s Saints ‘if’ they had had the same level of injuries as everyone else.
We were shocking after the first 20 but we haven’t gone from hero to zero in 60 minutes. We are clearly desperately missing Gale and, like it or not Roberts and our pack looked a bit jaded last night but there will be some more good performances this year even if we don’t quite make Old Trafford

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2018, 09:47

old cas lass wrote:
alftupper wrote:Don’t blame Ellis for being crap, blame whoever it was who gave him a 3 year deal.

Who ever it was made a catastrophic error of judgment handing him a three year contract
Vince Lombardi

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Jul 2018, 09:52

tigerfeat wrote:
old cas lass wrote:

Who ever it was made a catastrophic error of judgment handing him a three year contract
Gill want it? That’s part of reason he was sacked.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2018, 11:28

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I thought they were poor last night but it’s ridiculous to say where we would have finished ‘if others had played well’
Cats turned it round with injury returns and an astute half back signing. Huddersfield played poorly with injuries and are recovering due to returns and, like Catalans the threat of relegation
We have beaten everyone except Saints despite all our injuries, and are still throwing in more good results than bad week in week out.There is still a possibility of second if we win next week and if ever there was an ‘if’ team it’s Saints ‘if’ they had had the same level of injuries as everyone else.
We were shocking after the first 20 but we haven’t gone from hero to zero in 60 minutes. We are clearly desperately missing Gale and, like it or not Roberts and our pack looked a bit jaded last night but there will be some more good performances this year even if we don’t quite make Old Trafford
why is it ridiculous to say we would have finished lower if other teams had played better all season. you can compare this years team performances to last years and we are well off that , but we are still in the mix to me that suggest below standard competition this year .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2018, 11:33

My views are in the rest of what I posted, but on the point you’re making we finished 10 points clear last year so if we had played like we are doing now we would probably have been in the mix too

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Jul 2018, 12:08

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I thought they were poor last night but it’s ridiculous to say where we would have finished ‘if others had played well’
How can the pack looked jaded is beyond me. Half of them have missed half the season. Only Macca who has played them all and the only one playing well. Rest have all had injuries and had time off, so if they are knackered there is something seriously wrong.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Jul 2018, 12:21

Tamworth Tiger wrote:My views are in the rest of what I posted, but on the point you’re making we finished 10 points clear last year so if we had played like we are doing now we would probably have been in the mix too
Well. You just said i was ridiculous for presuming. Now your doing the same :clap:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2018, 13:17

fords wrote:
How can the pack looked jaded is beyond me. Half of them have missed half the season. Only Macca who has played them all and the only one playing well. Rest have all had injuries and had time off, so if they are knackered there is something seriously wrong.
Agree I just wonder how many have come back too early

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2018, 13:19

flow wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:My views are in the rest of what I posted, but on the point you’re making we finished 10 points clear last year so if we had played like we are doing now we would probably have been in the mix too
Well. You just said i was ridiculous for presuming. Now your doing the same :clap:
You’re right!
In trying to answer your question I’ve been drawn into the same ridiculous speculation.