Ellis bashing

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Ellis bashing

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2018, 11:05

jackknife wrote:Had ellis been playing along side gale or roberts all this time i think things would of been a lit different
Gale being in the team makes Ellis not a liability in defence does it? He's that bad he makes the defenders either side of him worse.

Not to mention his kick in play are fire and his attacking vision is basically not there at all

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 Jul 2018, 11:07

tigerfeat wrote:The sad thing to me is if we had kept Tom Holmes I think he would have really flourished with us this season with a chance to play every week
But he asked to leave and we couldn't offer him guaranteed starts so he made the choice.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 24 Jul 2018, 11:11

jackknife wrote:Had ellis been playing along side gale or roberts all this time i think things would of been a lit different
My issue is that we can't rely on Gale every single season in every single match we need/needed a class player at 6 to take some of that pressure off of Luke and who can then run the game when he's missing.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 24 Jul 2018, 11:13

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:The sad thing to me is if we had kept Tom Holmes I think he would have really flourished with us this season with a chance to play every week
But he asked to leave and we couldn't offer him guaranteed starts so he made the choice.
That is true but would imagine if we'd upped his wage he might of stayed. Ellis will be on a load more than Holmes would of been.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jul 2018, 11:13

i carnt remember the time scale of things if he knew we were signing ellis i would have asked to leave also if id been him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 Jul 2018, 11:19

I also think that if the deal hadn't already been done when the Hardaker issue came to light then Tom would have stopped

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 24 Jul 2018, 11:31

tigerfeat wrote:
i carnt remember the time scale of things if he knew we were signing ellis i would have asked to leave also if id been him
Signed Ellis because Tom was leaving.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2018, 13:16

Ellis replacement for Holmes
Aston replacement for McLelland.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 24 Jul 2018, 14:26

HuddsTigers wrote:Ellis replacement for Holmes
Any news on McLelland's return to League? He still Warrington bound? Be nice back down lane.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Jul 2018, 16:08

MØL wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Ellis replacement for Holmes
Any news on McLelland's return to League? He still Warrington bound? Be nice back down lane.
I'd sooner we signed players that want to play for the club and not ones that will use us until something better comes along.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Jul 2018, 16:43

Mc Lelland looked a great prospect when in our under 19S hence being picked for GB it would have been nice if he had decided to stay with us, if he decided to come back i would have him at the drop of an hat

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2018, 17:04

Fev offered him DOUBLE what Cas did, anyone would have left for that.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 24 Jul 2018, 17:22

TheSheriff wrote:
Must of been on peanuts at Cas then. If we'd have matched it would imagine Ellis' salary now would still be more.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 24 Jul 2018, 17:25

TheSheriff wrote:
If fev don’t make the middle eights which is now looking almost certain that they won’t, they will be in the brown stuff up to their neck. I expect them to be trying to offload the highest earners left right and centre. It’s all well and good offering big wages but let’s see if they can afford to pay them next year with a massive cut in TV money.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 24 Jul 2018, 17:34

To say our squad has been decimated by injury's to key players for the majority of the season, I don't think things are has bad as some are making out. We could be finishing second in the league after the regular season, and who knows we could still be on course for another Grand final .

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2018, 17:36

MØL wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Must of been on peanuts at Cas then. If we'd have matched it would imagine Ellis' salary now would still be more.
Oh it was, utterly laughable what Cas offered him and i wouldn't be shocked if they did meet Fev's offer that Holmes would likely still be on at least 10k less a year than Ellis.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Jul 2018, 23:00

StevieTheTV wrote:We signed him to battle with Trueman as a starting 6, Roberts was meant to be Full Back this season.

That being said, hes had some decent games this year but Friday was a shocker, couldnt find touch from penalties, awful attacking decisions, running the ball when he should of passed, passing the ball when he should of run etc.

He was one of a few blokes on Friday who were nowhere near their best, hopefully they can rectify it this Sunday.
Hit the nail on the head.

I can put up with the fact he isn't fast over the ground or that he has lapses in defence . But what is infuriating with Ellis is his game awareness,the ability to read the game in front of him is appalling. He more often than not takes the wrong options even when they appear clearly for most of the supporters in the stands,and his teammates more than likely.

To me this explains why McShane is overplaying his role from last year and some of the forwards are overdoing it with link up ball handling, they don't rate the guy.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Jul 2018, 07:29

if Jamie reads these comments it will hardly instill any confidence in him, he is the fans scape goat , but watching both the Catalan and Huddersfield games, there was any number of our players that were not far off the way Jamie played and have gone under the radar, I shall be getting my ticket for Widnes hoping for a win but if we play like we have recently it would be no great surprise if we didn't

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jul 2018, 07:39

Look mistakes were made in the winter they were well discussed on here
Jon wells and dp are a great team we have now
Ellis as not done bad this season before last Friday and if he plays Sunday all the support in the the ground will be behind him I'm sure of that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jul 2018, 07:45

With Luke gale back in a couple of weeks I can see Ellis sitting in the stands,
I’m sure DP will use trueman as the other half.
So everyone, rest easy.