Peter Mata’utia

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Peter Mata’utia

Post by SREGITSAC » 18 Aug 2018, 09:06

jackknife wrote:If/when jake goes he'll need replacing either with another centre or with Mata'utia then another full back is needed. Minikin for me is our 2nd choice winger and should be our 3rd choice centre next year
Have you forgotten 2016 when Greg played centre all year and was fantastic throughout in his first chance at SL level? The experience he’s built in the last two years taken back into the position he has played all his life should give us a centre that will make a huge difference.

TypingMonkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TypingMonkey » 18 Aug 2018, 09:15

Given the depth we have in the forwards and Milner opting to re-sign I’d like to see Foster replace Webster next year. I think he has the talent and attitude to give us a like-for-like replacement at no extra cost since he’s already under contract.

PM looked awesome at fullback last night. We have been missing that all year. He has to stay there and finally give us a replacement for Hardaker.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2018, 09:24

TypingMonkey wrote:Given the depth we have in the forwards and Milner opting to re-sign I’d like to see Foster replace Webster next year. I think he has the talent and attitude to give us a like-for-like replacement at no extra cost since he’s already under contract.

PM looked awesome at fullback last night. We have been missing that all year. He has to stay there and finally give us a replacement for Hardaker.
Alex Foster is not a centre. Not quick enough.

TypingMonkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TypingMonkey » 18 Aug 2018, 09:33

Never let us down once when he’s played there this year. If he was playing there permanently he could play at a lower weight and it would help his speed. Remember he has at times played prop for us this year too.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2018, 09:44

TypingMonkey wrote:Never let us down once when he’s played there this year. If he was playing there permanently he could play at a lower weight and it would help his speed. Remember he has at times played prop for us this year too.
Alex Foster is not a prop. Not big enough ;) ;) ;)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2018, 09:47

Fumper27 wrote:
TypingMonkey wrote:Never let us down once when he’s played there this year. If he was playing there permanently he could play at a lower weight and it would help his speed. Remember he has at times played prop for us this year too.

Let’s just say he’s versatile.

TypingMonkey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TypingMonkey » 18 Aug 2018, 09:57

Fumper27 wrote:
I’m not saying he is a prop?! I’m saying he’s playing at a heavier weight because he has played all over the park this year, including at prop. If he were permanently a centre he would lose weight and gain speed. Simple really, not sure what you’re struggling to understand.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Aug 2018, 10:00

Fumper is being sarcastic and joking.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2018, 10:06

HuddsTigers wrote:Fumper is being sarcastic and joking.

You sussed him out HT.
I’ve had to put up with it for 25yrs, he’s a good lad though.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Aug 2018, 10:07

We're still trying to source a full back for 2019 so Powell must want Pete to go to right centre next year.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2018, 10:16

Maybe changed his mind after last night ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2018, 10:18

Thank you HT for noticing!!! Jeez, some folk on here....

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2018, 10:20

old cas lass wrote:

You sussed him out HT.
I’ve had to put up with it for 25yrs, he’s a good lad though.
25 years and then some!!!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 18 Aug 2018, 10:40

Yeah great debut,good voice behind the line,read the game well,and chimes in the line at the right times.what I liked about the tackle on ratchford was how easy he made it look.the timing was spot on and he let ratchford make the first move before wrapping him up.very good.now to get galey in place of Ellis,Milner and hopefully JSL back on the pitch and we can really push on for old Trafford.think these next 2 weeks with no game could be vital to our season.great time to tidy a few things up and sharpen up some moves

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Aug 2018, 11:06

Is Mata'utia injured again? No mention by Powell in post match but he recieved some treatment in second half and went off for Turner. Hope he is ok.
Jesse 3 weeks in brace but will be available before end of season. No mention of Roberts. And Powell said Gale not going to be rushed back so that suggets he may not play next game either.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 18 Aug 2018, 11:29

I assumed that given we had Turner on the bench the plan was probably always to bring him off before the end, it’s his first SL game at FB and they will want to give him a chance to rest where possible.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 18 Aug 2018, 11:32

MØL wrote:We're still trying to source a full back for 2019 so Powell must want Pete to go to right centre next year.
Be gr8if we could get hold of coote from the cowboys?

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 Aug 2018, 11:40

Don't think there's a chance. Would demand a massive wage. Would more likely be Mark Kheirallah or someone like that.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 18 Aug 2018, 13:01

Dazzyb wrote:
MØL wrote:We're still trying to source a full back for 2019 so Powell must want Pete to go to right centre next year.
Be gr8if we could get hold of coote from the cowboys?
Would be top drawer. But not likely.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 19 Aug 2018, 12:10

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Is Mata'utia injured again? No mention by Powell in post match but he recieved some treatment in second half and went off for Turner. Hope he is ok.
Jesse 3 weeks in brace but will be available before end of season. No mention of Roberts. And Powell said Gale not going to be rushed back so that suggets he may not play next game either.
I heard an interview where DP said Pete Mata’utia was taken off as a precaution, as he had a slight strain, DP added that nothing to be too concerned about though.
Danny Boy