Quota Spots

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Quota Spots

Post by derbystiger » 27 Jul 2018, 22:34

^^ Yes, still counts as non fed

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 27 Jul 2018, 22:42

derbystiger wrote:^^ Yes, still counts as non fed
Question: Would Gareth Widdop be classed as non fed?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 27 Jul 2018, 22:44

MØL wrote:
derbystiger wrote:^^ Yes, still counts as non fed
Question: Would Gareth Widdop be classed as non fed?
It's based on where the first so many years are spent in development/training. Not sure of exact time frame.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Jul 2018, 00:42

You have to spend 3 years before the age of 21 to be classed as Federation Trained, or born here and played here all your life.

British citizenship no longer gets exemptions from non-fed status.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 28 Jul 2018, 09:40

HuddsTigers wrote:You have to spend 3 years before the age of 21 to be classed as Federation Trained, or born here and played here all your life.

British citizenship no longer gets exemptions from non-fed status.
Cheers Hudds. So Widdop would be on a quota list having moved to Australia at 15/16 . Bet many think because he was born here and plays regularly for England that he wouldn't be.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Jul 2018, 09:55

He would be classed as non-fed trained I think. Not quota as he’s not Australian/New Zealander.

This is where the rules need sorting. He’s English in place of birth and lived in England all his teen life. He really should be exempt.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 28 Jul 2018, 10:16

HuddsTigers wrote:He would be classed as non-fed trained I think. Not quota as he’s not Australian/New Zealander.

This is where the rules need sorting. He’s English in place of birth and lived in England all his teen life. He really should be exempt.
Agree Hudds. He should be exempt. Not that I think he'll ever come back to play here, but it's a good example to use as to how daft some of the rules are. They also need simplifying in my opinion aswell, they just seem too complicated/confusing. Not a season goes by without people debating the interpretation of the fed/non fed/quota rules.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 28 Jul 2018, 13:45

To bring more quality players in to SL the whole quota rules could do with an update. I feel when players have made their lives here and given service of 5 years , like Millo etc, should be allowed to come off the quota.

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 28 Jul 2018, 13:49

Sharlotiger wrote:To bring more quality players in to SL the whole quota rules could do with an update. I feel when players have made their lives here and given service of 5 years , like Millo etc, should be allowed to come off the quota.

I agree, still stops teams overloading on journey men, and those that just want a season over here to get a better NRL contract. But doesn't punish teams / players (like Jy) who have stuck around.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 28 Jul 2018, 16:49

Sharlotiger wrote:To bring more quality players in to SL the whole quota rules could do with an update. I feel when players have made their lives here and given service of 5 years , like Millo etc, should be allowed to come off the quota.
It used to be the case if a player had been at the same club for 5 years they became exempt but I don’t know if that’s still the case.