Wane.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
GET EM ON SIDE
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wane.

Post by GET EM ON SIDE » 02 Aug 2018, 23:18

Seems to be having a little dig at clubs (maybe just Cas).

Heard interview on radio today saying his Wigan players are in training hard for a big game v Castleford next week despite some clubs using the free weekend to have time away. He says the players are in as normal and that Wigan does not reward failure. Wigan should be playing a CC semi final this weekend but there not and as a result training continues to make sure no more opportunities slip. Maybe a dig at Cas who have half a team in Croatia at the moment. Will have to see next week which practise is best Powell way or wane lol.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Re: Wane.

Post by Spanishtiger » 03 Aug 2018, 03:07

From where has he worked out that the pies should be playing in a cup semi-final? As far as I can remember they got battered 23-0 in the quarter. On national tv.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 03 Aug 2018, 07:54

Think he is just stating facts that by the standards and targets they have set themselves they are falling short. They have lost to games to teams they would n]hve normally swept aside easily. Their challenge cup exit is a major disappointment and the fans and the club expect a better performance in the 8’s after all it is Wanes last chance to leave on a high.

I think I this is Wane berating his own players not ours

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Aug 2018, 08:17

viva brad wrote:Think he is just stating facts that by the standards and targets they have set themselves they are falling short. They have lost to games to teams they would n]hve normally swept aside easily. Their challenge cup exit is a major disappointment and the fans and the club expect a better performance in the 8’s after all it is Wanes last chance to leave on a high.

I think I this is Wane berating his own players not ours
Who cares .... and why is this in All things tiger ? Nothing to do with Cas

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 03 Aug 2018, 08:19

Surely after a tough 23 rounds including a few weeks of more than one game a few days off will do the team more good in the run up to the finals. The Wigan lads will be knackered come September.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 03 Aug 2018, 08:30

Clearly a dig at us I reckon, and why not? Two clubs that dislike each other, two coaches that hate each other and the first shot across the bowes from Wane adding spice to an already mouth watering clash. I await Powelly’s responce with anticipation. Guess we’ll find out who had the best preparation next Friday. His comments should certainly give us some extra motivation anyway.

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 03 Aug 2018, 08:36

As mush as he annoys me, Id much rather have people like Wane in our game than the boring "sit on the fence" types.

I personally dont see this as a dig at us but so what if it was, Wane and Powell obviously dont like each other but they must enjoy the build ups to all Cas v Wigan games. Who knows, when they both retire from coaching, you might see them having a beer together reminiscing of when they used to pit their whits against each other. Its what makes RL so great!
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 03 Aug 2018, 08:50

StevieTheTV wrote:As mush as he annoys me, Id much rather have people like Wane in our game than the boring "sit on the fence" types.

I personally dont see this as a dig at us but so what if it was, Wane and Powell obviously dont like each other but they must enjoy the build ups to all Cas v Wigan games. Who knows, when they both retire from coaching, you might see them having a beer together reminiscing of when they used to pit their whits against each other. Its what makes RL so great!
Couldn’t agree more Stevie, the game needs more of it.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Aug 2018, 09:20

We did same last season and got hammered first week of the Super 8s guess we never learn.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Aug 2018, 09:24

Mucky1978 wrote:We did same last season and got hammered first week of the Super 8s guess we never learn.
12-26 to saints is hardly a hammering

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 03 Aug 2018, 10:14

Half the team in Croatia ? Lol

Come on mate

There was oil Holmes , Greg Eden , Adam Milner ,Mitch Clark , junior moors and his friend

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Aug 2018, 10:38

To be fair half the team are on holiday but just in different places.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 03 Aug 2018, 10:54

fords wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:We did same last season and got hammered first week of the Super 8s guess we never learn.
12-26 to saints is hardly a hammering
They beat us convincingly. We were awful. A year ago today.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 03 Aug 2018, 11:14

GET EM ON SIDE wrote:Seems to be having a little dig at clubs (maybe just Cas).

Heard interview on radio today saying his Wigan players are in training hard for a big game v Castleford next week despite some clubs using the free weekend to have time away. He says the players are in as normal and that Wigan does not reward failure. Wigan should be playing a CC semi final this weekend but there not and as a result training continues to make sure no more opportunities slip. Maybe a dig at Cas who have half a team in Croatia at the moment. Will have to see next week which practise is best Powell way or wane lol.
Hope that's not half the team!?!? Otherwise we might struggle next Friday fielding with 10 men.
Other half were with Maher in the Lakes.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 03 Aug 2018, 11:40

Wane has a point. I suppose.
I’d rather have Daryl as a coach though.

Can Anyone provide a full background into the Wane v Powell situation.

Did it start with the photo under the Wigan sticks away when we’d beat them? Or does it go further back ?

Did they have a feud as players?

You know I don’t mind Wane. He’s always complimentary if we beat them, or lose against them, as he is with other teams. He’s no doubt a stubborn old bugger, but overall he’s harmless.
Audacter Et Sincere

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 03 Aug 2018, 16:55

Mysterio wrote:Wane has a point. I suppose.

Did it start with the photo under the Wigan sticks away when we’d beat them? Or does it go further back ?

You know I don’t mind Wane. He’s always complimentary if we beat them, or lose against them, as he is with other teams. He’s no doubt a stubborn old bugger, but overall he’s harmless.
He’s always been super friendly to me. Says hello and is a class act.

The Castleford v Wigan feud to me started when they cheated the salary cap and got us relegated. I think Wane and Powell just fed off the animosity.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 03 Aug 2018, 18:18

tallguyx wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Wane has a point. I suppose.

He’s always been super friendly to me. Says hello and is a class act.

The Castleford v Wigan feud to me started when they cheated the salary cap and got us relegated. I think Wane and Powell just fed off the animosity.
This for me too. Can not remember much of a Wigan rivalry until the year we went down and they got away with cheating. Since then they are the one team I despise. Wakey and Leeds to me are fun rivalries to have. Wigan is a hatred.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 03 Aug 2018, 18:36

MØL wrote:

Hope that's not half the team!?!? Otherwise we might struggle next Friday fielding with 10 men.
Jesse London
Webster Mayer Clare Lakes
Massey France
Watts Ibiza
Let’s all hope they ant been on the 2-1 cocktails :D

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 03 Aug 2018, 19:17

Jesse passed me in his sponsored car today I know London is big but I don't know if the roundabout at the bridge foot is on the M25....

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 03 Aug 2018, 19:26

Mucky1978 wrote:
MØL wrote:

Jesse London
Webster Mayer Clare Lakes
Massey France
Watts Ibiza
Let’s all hope they ant been on the 2-1 cocktails :D
McMeekan also went to Lakes.... Massey was north Spain not France.
Moors, Eden, Ogi, Milner and Clark to Croatia.
Gale went to family farm I believe....

Nothing wrong with letting them have a break. Pretty sure we did the same last season and it went well after.