TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by lurcher » 10 Aug 2018, 23:45

i'll have to hold fire to reply to all this. can't believe some of the posts on here tonight. hang your heads in shame.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 10 Aug 2018, 23:51

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Still think we will finish 3rd
Wire beating an under strength Cats team tonight was irrelevant as McNamara implied he wouldn’t be taking it seriously at the weekend. Wires focus will be the cup same as Cats.
Every criticism about Cas in the first half is as relevant to Wigan’s second half . We have a lot of bodies missing. tonight. In no way is our season done on the back of losing by 2 points away at Wigan.
I rate Huddersfield but we have enough left in the tank to make the last 4.
Finally a sensible comment, people so quick to criticise our first half but it was an exact copy of Wigan’s second half, only they got two illegitimate penalties that saved face. It’s the story of our year I'm afraid, little has gone in our favour be it 50/50’s or injuries (we finally sign two fullbacks and they are both injured along with the U19s fullback). Still heading towards a semi final and more to come from the lads, in 2016 when we had a similar run of injuries we were well out of the 4, to me we have shown great progress as a complete squad.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Aug 2018, 23:55

lurcher wrote:i'll have to hold fire to reply to all this. can't believe some of the posts on here tonight. hang your heads in shame.
Your rate just read stuff put on page one and two embarrising
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 10 Aug 2018, 23:59

Why why why ?????????????
Some things have to change for the future if we are to win THE big games...........selection.......... Wardle is NOT a centre, Jake at 33 still good enough, Eden best position is wing.......... Ellis please please some body take him.
Captain HAS to be Mcshane to control the game

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2018, 00:08

Ellis had a good game so did Webster ive never seen us drop as much ball first twenty minutes and they took advantage fair play to them second half we were much better team anyway it's always same on here if we hammer wire next week there be 8 posts by midnight
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 11 Aug 2018, 00:11

Don't know what the hell that first half was but Child's ineptitute or not, we were still so far from acceptable it was embarrassing.
Attitude, contact, aggression, direction, decision making, composure: all totally lacking.
Wigan were head and shoulders above us. The fact it was only 20-0 was a shocker.
Second half was a marked change.
Webbo was excellent. Momentum swung and if not for Child we could have snatched a draw.

Not sure how to feel now I'm home.

Big game next week. Hudds still have a mountain to climb with points diff etc. Plus we play the Wembley finalists. 2nd now looking beyond us. 3rd very much up for grabs.

We have to be better than that if we genuinely want to get neqr a final.
Would like to hear what Powell said before game and at half time.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 11 Aug 2018, 00:17

tigerfeat wrote:Ellis had a good game so did Webster ive never seen us drop as much ball first twenty minutes and they took advantage fair play to them second half we were much better team anyway it's always same on here if we hammer wire next week there be 8 posts by midnight
Spot on mate, just got back from the dark side and I knew this thread would be a long one. You can always tell the Cas result by the size of the thread: Cas lose huge, Cas win tiny!
Terrible first half, Childs a joke,
But could have sneaked in the second, Childs a joke.
Eight players missing and still in the four. Milo back next week along with one of the full backs and we will do Warrington

Could be a lot worse - we could be Widnes!
cum on you Ford

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2018, 00:34

Child's always same if he's refing us in a big game he will give us nowt that won't change so we have to overcome him
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 11 Aug 2018, 06:55

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Don't know what the hell that first half was but Child's ineptitute or not, we were still so far from acceptable it was embarrassing.
Attitude, contact, aggression, direction, decision making, composure: all totally lacking.
Wigan were head and shoulders above us. The fact it was only 20-0 was a shocker.
Second half was a marked change.
Webbo was excellent. Momentum swung and if not for Child we could have snatched a draw.

Not sure how to feel now I'm home.

Big game next week. Hudds still have a mountain to climb with points diff etc. Plus we play the Wembley finalists. 2nd now looking beyond us. 3rd very much up for grabs.

We have to be better than that if we genuinely want to get neqr a final.
Would like to hear what Powell said before game and at half time.

"The fact it was only 20-0 was a shocker" Was actually down to our defence! Wigan dominated the first half and had loads of possession close to our line yet only crossed four times (and one of them was down to a lucky bounce) They should have been out of sight. Our defence in the first half kept us in the game.
cum on you Ford

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2018, 07:44

Aid finished one of his posts by saying it could be worse we could be Widnes there fans booed the team of on Thursday and fair play to them they'd seen another shocking performance
People in the ground yesterday were booing the team when they came behind the sticks somebody was shouting personal abuse at joe Wardle all night and then you look on here and there's pages of text slaging the team off
For what it's worth I think we will finish 3rd and go to Wigan if we have gale running one side and truman the other we will beat them and go to old Trafford for second season in a row
Vince Lombardi

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 11 Aug 2018, 08:11

tigerfeat wrote:Aid finished one of his posts by saying it could be worse we could be Widnes there fans booed the team of on Thursday and fair play to them they'd seen another shocking performance
People in the ground yesterday were booing the team when they came behind the sticks somebody was shouting personal abuse at joe Wardle all night and then you look on here and there's pages of text slaging the team off
For what it's worth I think we will finish 3rd and go to Wigan if we have gale running one side and truman the other we will beat them and go to old Trafford for second season in a row
Couldn't understand the constant personal attack on Wardle, can't remember him giving a penalty away or losing the ball on the second tackle (how many times did we do that last night?)
Sat in the North Stand we watched wave after wave of Wigan attacks yet kept the score down to 20. Get Millo, Mata’utia and Q back for next week and turn over Warrington. We can win our next five games. Third, (maybe second) is still on.
cum on you Ford

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 11 Aug 2018, 08:56

A terrible first half and a brilliant second half, not the only from the team but also our fans. The abuse that was getting hurled towards certain players was disgusting that first half. A bloke behind me was relentless on his attack on half our players. It was embarrassing. Then when we started playing well he changed altogether and just abused Wigan and child instead.
I’ve read a few ridiculous comments about Watts on here but he was phenomenal I thought particularly in second half where he continually carted the ball up and got us on the front foot. Plenty of positives moving on in play offs I reckon still with key players to return. Finally John Bateman showed his class not only in the match but coming over to the Cas fans to applaud us after the game. :clap:

coyf4321

Post by coyf4321 » 11 Aug 2018, 09:05

Scoopage wrote:Minikin gale millington back we beat Wigan in semi home or away imo.

Couldn’t agree more

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Aug 2018, 09:08

[quote="TheSheriff"]If James Child isn't fixing this game he's incompetent - either way he shouldn't be employed.

As crap as Cas have been, without Child assistance, Wigan would not be winning.[/quote

Well said mate if Childs never Reffed another CAS match i would be more than pleased, he gave every thing he could to Wigan starting as early as the first minute when a Wigan player through himself down at the play the ball

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Aug 2018, 09:16

Yeah Batemans a terrific player ...maybe a lot of fans were just grumpy having taken two and a half hours to travel from cas to Wigan along the bloody m62
Vince Lombardi

forseti

Post by forseti » 11 Aug 2018, 09:25

tigerfeat wrote:Child's always same if he's refing us in a big game he will give us nowt that won't change so we have to overcome him
i seem to remember the 50/50 decision he gave us in the last minute v saints in the semi last year, that was quite a big game. he also chose to overlook the potential obstruction when gale dropped the winning goal in the same match.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 11 Aug 2018, 09:42

Dire first half,obviously much better second. The least said about Child's the better. Whoever Sky's adjudicator for Man of the match was needs his bumps feeling if he thought Ellis was one of the best four players on the pitch. At half time there were no positives whatsoever but at least the second offered some hope. Personally, should we finish third and end up revisiting Wigan I would have every confidence we could take them with Mata'uita back at full back, Eden on the wing where he belongs and a match fit Gale pulling the strings.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 11 Aug 2018, 09:48

Well a burnt out clutch made the decision as to whether to travel to Pie land or not.
So it was settle down in front of the tv.
After forty minutes l was almost grateful of my cars expensive mishap.
Wigan had been dominant in the first half and only some stoic defense left us with only did l just type ONLY a twenty points deficit!
Then it happened again .
Having never played rugby,l don't know what wisdom or whatever coaches dispense in their half time team talk but both teams were transformed.
Wigan were on the back foot .
Cas were retaining possession,making yards and most immediately importantly scoring points.
In the end decisions questioned by the tv pundits conspired to engineer a narrow Pie victory.
My daughter said our fans were very vocal which by comparison prompted Batemans show of appreciation.Fair play to the lad.
Wells was shell shocked at half time a point not lost on Carney.
The first half was not our finest and no doubt Daryl will reflect on the wisdom of a break.
These lads do put their bodies on the line so l like to think the decision on whether to train or give people a break is well considered and reviewed.
Players,coaches and even officials do not go out of their way to perform badly it happens.
As we Cas fans know only too well.
I still have to pinch myself despite all our injuries we are in the top four
Still in with a chance of Old Trafford.
Bit like Wire just like The last one it's always our year.
So assuming my car is repaired l will along with all the other delusional Black and Amber fans be there next week.
ENJOY THE RIDE.
Who knows what lies ahead if franchising is introduced.
Yes we lost and we also lost to Catalan and Huddersfield but so have the mighty Saints.
COYF

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 11 Aug 2018, 11:31

forseti wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Child's always same if he's refing us in a big game he will give us nowt that won't change so we have to overcome him
i seem to remember the 50/50 decision he gave us in the last minute v saints in the semi last year, that was quite a big game. he also chose to overlook the potential obstruction when gale dropped the winning goal in the same match.
He had no choice the touch judge put his flag up. If he hadn't child's wouldn't have given it. Simple as

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 11 Aug 2018, 11:51

forseti wrote:
Touch judge gave the clear block by Morgan (so not Child or a 50/50) and there was no obstruction on the drop goal because no Cas players moved into a Saints player, a Saints player ran into a Cas player.