TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
forseti

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by forseti » 11 Aug 2018, 09:25

tigerfeat wrote:Child's always same if he's refing us in a big game he will give us nowt that won't change so we have to overcome him
i seem to remember the 50/50 decision he gave us in the last minute v saints in the semi last year, that was quite a big game. he also chose to overlook the potential obstruction when gale dropped the winning goal in the same match.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 11 Aug 2018, 09:42

Dire first half,obviously much better second. The least said about Child's the better. Whoever Sky's adjudicator for Man of the match was needs his bumps feeling if he thought Ellis was one of the best four players on the pitch. At half time there were no positives whatsoever but at least the second offered some hope. Personally, should we finish third and end up revisiting Wigan I would have every confidence we could take them with Mata'uita back at full back, Eden on the wing where he belongs and a match fit Gale pulling the strings.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 11 Aug 2018, 09:48

Well a burnt out clutch made the decision as to whether to travel to Pie land or not.
So it was settle down in front of the tv.
After forty minutes l was almost grateful of my cars expensive mishap.
Wigan had been dominant in the first half and only some stoic defense left us with only did l just type ONLY a twenty points deficit!
Then it happened again .
Having never played rugby,l don't know what wisdom or whatever coaches dispense in their half time team talk but both teams were transformed.
Wigan were on the back foot .
Cas were retaining possession,making yards and most immediately importantly scoring points.
In the end decisions questioned by the tv pundits conspired to engineer a narrow Pie victory.
My daughter said our fans were very vocal which by comparison prompted Batemans show of appreciation.Fair play to the lad.
Wells was shell shocked at half time a point not lost on Carney.
The first half was not our finest and no doubt Daryl will reflect on the wisdom of a break.
These lads do put their bodies on the line so l like to think the decision on whether to train or give people a break is well considered and reviewed.
Players,coaches and even officials do not go out of their way to perform badly it happens.
As we Cas fans know only too well.
I still have to pinch myself despite all our injuries we are in the top four
Still in with a chance of Old Trafford.
Bit like Wire just like The last one it's always our year.
So assuming my car is repaired l will along with all the other delusional Black and Amber fans be there next week.
ENJOY THE RIDE.
Who knows what lies ahead if franchising is introduced.
Yes we lost and we also lost to Catalan and Huddersfield but so have the mighty Saints.
COYF

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 11 Aug 2018, 11:31

forseti wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Child's always same if he's refing us in a big game he will give us nowt that won't change so we have to overcome him
i seem to remember the 50/50 decision he gave us in the last minute v saints in the semi last year, that was quite a big game. he also chose to overlook the potential obstruction when gale dropped the winning goal in the same match.
He had no choice the touch judge put his flag up. If he hadn't child's wouldn't have given it. Simple as

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 11 Aug 2018, 11:51

forseti wrote:
Touch judge gave the clear block by Morgan (so not Child or a 50/50) and there was no obstruction on the drop goal because no Cas players moved into a Saints player, a Saints player ran into a Cas player.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Aug 2018, 13:04

The modern version of RL is won and lost on the overall territorial split in the game. There were many reasons why Cas had no territory in the first half, much of it Cas' own doing, and this was accurately reflected in the half-time scoreline.

Second half we got some ball and territory which brought us back into the game but you just cannot give top 4 sides a 20 point start ten hope to win.

It's a simple game really; control the ball, complete the sets and gain territory. Then defend legally with all your might.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Aug 2018, 23:31

give ower talking sense
jo brand is eddie warings love child