Benny roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Benny roberts

Post by Mucky1978 » 02 Sep 2018, 09:21

Roberts is Webster’s replacement for next season so would expect him to come on at centre every week.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Sep 2018, 09:27

He will be a real boost for us in that position if he stays injury free
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 02 Sep 2018, 13:23

looked very sharp last night, cats looked worried every time he ran at them.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Sep 2018, 14:16

His first run with the ball shocked me a bit.really drove it in with some intent.hope it’s a sign of things to come.do we think Jake as played his last game for us?

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Sep 2018, 19:14

Mucky1978 wrote:Roberts is Webster’s replacement for next season so would expect him to come on at centre every week.

Have we not learnt owt from this season.

Roberts is not a starting FB or centre

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 02 Sep 2018, 20:21

He went ok first game back.

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 02 Sep 2018, 23:24

fords wrote:
Mucky1978 wrote:Roberts is Webster’s replacement for next season so would expect him to come on at centre every week.

Have we not learnt owt from this season.

Roberts is not a starting FB or centre
I think you had better let Daryl know.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Sep 2018, 23:48

I hope we don't take the cheap option and think we have a top center in Benny I will be disappointed if Benny as a Centre number on his shirt next season, the lads ok covering half back or hooker , as a regular starting center I don't think so

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 03 Sep 2018, 00:05

Benny is no stranger to centre, as played there for Samoa, Reckon a good stand off should have the skill set to play centre.
Danny Boy

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 07:10

gateman wrote:I hope we don't take the cheap option and think we have a top center in Benny I will be disappointed if Benny as a Centre number on his shirt next season, the lads ok covering half back or hooker , as a regular starting center I don't think so
His role next year should be coming off the bench covering most positions no doubt in my mind matautia will be the full-back we need a good centre or few games into next season we will be a player short in a key position like the start of this season
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 Sep 2018, 07:18

Think the cheap option will see Minikin or Wardle get a centre number on there shirts with Benny back up cover for a number of positions like Mcgoldrick
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 03 Sep 2018, 07:31

tigerfeat wrote:
gateman wrote:I hope we don't take the cheap option and think we have a top center in Benny I will be disappointed if Benny as a Centre number on his shirt next season, the lads ok covering half back or hooker , as a regular starting center I don't think so
His role next year should be coming off the bench covering most positions no doubt in my mind matautia will be the full-back we need a good centre or few games into next season we will be a player short in a key position like the start of this season
Maybe not enough room on cap for a top quality centre

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 03 Sep 2018, 07:36

Cap goes up by 100k next year plus Webster's wage comes off. We've gotta sign either a fullback or a centre for def.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 07:38

dancas88 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
Maybe not enough room on cap for a top quality centre
Yes that might be the situation I think minikin will be a good centre if that's the case
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Sep 2018, 08:25

MØL wrote:Cap goes up by 100k next year plus Webster's wage comes off. We've gotta sign either a fullback or a centre for def.
Plus QLT, Maher and Aston all 3 should go so that's 4 wages to buy 1 centre. I'm sure that's do able

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 03 Sep 2018, 08:29

Forgot about Q. So yeah, Q's wage, Webster's wage and if the club can afford it the extra 100k on the cap for 2019. Fullback or centre please.

Aston and Maher are contracted until end of next year so i'd imagine it'll be the same as this year with Maher pretty much at Halifax all year and Aston with Sheffield.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 08:51

Turner in my opinion is going to be a top super league full-back in time Powells job to make the right calls 90 per cent of the time he gets it right which is why we've come from bottom four cannon fodder type side to a top four side in the time he's been coach
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Sep 2018, 13:03

MØL wrote:Forgot about Q. So yeah, Q's wage, Webster's wage and if the club can afford it the extra 100k on the cap for 2019. Fullback or centre please.

Aston and Maher are contracted until end of next year so i'd imagine it'll be the same as this year with Maher pretty much at Halifax all year and Aston with Sheffield.

But then you have to factor in that this year we've also re-signed:

JSL
Milner
Eden
Holmes
Clare
Turner
Egodo
Gill
Storey (will have his contract bumped up to qualify to play for SL games)

It's likely that JSL, Milner, Eden will all have signed improved terms, as will Turner to keep him here.

We've also signed Mata'utia, who may see his salary cap value increase next season and will probably have swallowed up what Q would have had. The reality is that losing Hitchcox and Webster, a lot of their salaries may have been swallowed up by the above due to their value going up after making the GF and demand from other clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do have a little bit of manoeuvrability should the right player come along but I wouldn't be surprised if we may have to see a few players out first. I suspect next year is where we will see some recruitment changes
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Sep 2018, 13:36

MØL wrote:Forgot about Q. So yeah, Q's wage, Webster's wage and if the club can afford it the extra 100k on the cap for 2019. Fullback or centre please.

Whats the point in keeping them to just keep loaning them out. Never got a game when we were down to bare bones.

Get rid and use money elsewhere.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 03 Sep 2018, 13:38

fords wrote:

Whats the point in keeping them to just keep loaning them out. Never got a game when we were down to bare bones.

Get rid and use money elsewhere.
You can't just get rid without paying a fee, so it makes sense to loan them out until their contract expires. If someone comes in for them before we'd then get a fee...