Benny roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Benny roberts

Post by MØL » 03 Sep 2018, 08:29

Forgot about Q. So yeah, Q's wage, Webster's wage and if the club can afford it the extra 100k on the cap for 2019. Fullback or centre please.

Aston and Maher are contracted until end of next year so i'd imagine it'll be the same as this year with Maher pretty much at Halifax all year and Aston with Sheffield.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 03 Sep 2018, 08:51

Turner in my opinion is going to be a top super league full-back in time Powells job to make the right calls 90 per cent of the time he gets it right which is why we've come from bottom four cannon fodder type side to a top four side in the time he's been coach
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Sep 2018, 13:03

MØL wrote:Forgot about Q. So yeah, Q's wage, Webster's wage and if the club can afford it the extra 100k on the cap for 2019. Fullback or centre please.

Aston and Maher are contracted until end of next year so i'd imagine it'll be the same as this year with Maher pretty much at Halifax all year and Aston with Sheffield.

But then you have to factor in that this year we've also re-signed:

JSL
Milner
Eden
Holmes
Clare
Turner
Egodo
Gill
Storey (will have his contract bumped up to qualify to play for SL games)

It's likely that JSL, Milner, Eden will all have signed improved terms, as will Turner to keep him here.

We've also signed Mata'utia, who may see his salary cap value increase next season and will probably have swallowed up what Q would have had. The reality is that losing Hitchcox and Webster, a lot of their salaries may have been swallowed up by the above due to their value going up after making the GF and demand from other clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do have a little bit of manoeuvrability should the right player come along but I wouldn't be surprised if we may have to see a few players out first. I suspect next year is where we will see some recruitment changes
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 03 Sep 2018, 13:36

MØL wrote:Forgot about Q. So yeah, Q's wage, Webster's wage and if the club can afford it the extra 100k on the cap for 2019. Fullback or centre please.

Whats the point in keeping them to just keep loaning them out. Never got a game when we were down to bare bones.

Get rid and use money elsewhere.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 03 Sep 2018, 13:38

fords wrote:

Whats the point in keeping them to just keep loaning them out. Never got a game when we were down to bare bones.

You can't just get rid without paying a fee, so it makes sense to loan them out until their contract expires. If someone comes in for them before we'd then get a fee...

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 03 Sep 2018, 13:39

HuddsTigers wrote:

JSL
Milner
Eden
Holmes
Clare
Turner
Egodo
Gill

It's likely that JSL, Milner, Eden will all have signed improved terms, as will Turner to keep him here.

We've also signed Mata'utia, who may see his salary cap value increase next season and will probably have swallowed up what Q would have had. The reality is that losing Hitchcox and Webster, a lot of their salaries may have been swallowed up by the above due to their value going up after making the GF and demand from other clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do have a little bit of manoeuvrability should the right player come along but I wouldn't be surprised if we may have to see a few players out first. I suspect next year is where we will see some recruitment changes
Apparently as of the start of August per Jon Wells we're pretty much up to the cap this year and that's after all the re-signings and the capture of Peanut.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 03 Sep 2018, 13:43

BigBez10 wrote:
fords wrote:

You can't just get rid without paying a fee, so it makes sense to loan them out until their contract expires. If someone comes in for them before we'd then get a fee...
Right Bez. Maher has been called into the 19 a few times this year too. Both players will be on minimal wages so if we did offload them before their contracts ended, it's not like we'd have masses of money to play with.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 03 Sep 2018, 15:09

MØL wrote:
BigBez10 wrote:
fords wrote:

Right Bez. Maher has been called into the 19 a few times this year too. Both players will be on minimal wages so if we did offload them before their contracts ended, it's not like we'd have masses of money to play with.
Exactly RE Maher, in a salary capped sport you're always going to have squad players & players considered prospects.

I understand the frustration with Maher because he's a big unit and he's just not hit the heights many thought he would after signing the four year extension.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 Sep 2018, 17:14

Wills been here since 2014 n played 28 games and i cant say iv seen much improvement if any in him in fact the only game i remember thinking he did ok was against catalan when he came up against gadwin springer.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Sep 2018, 17:43

MØL wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

JSL
Milner
Eden
Holmes
Clare
Turner
Egodo
Gill

Apparently as of the start of August per Jon Wells we're pretty much up to the cap this year and that's after all the re-signings and the capture of Peanut.
Based on contracts for *this* season. I'd assume a lot of the new deals adding on years and uplift in wages won't take effect until November, and therefore starting from the new season.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 04 Sep 2018, 12:29

I would be extremely surprised if we haven't held some cash in reserve to pick over any SL side that goes down, which is looking increasingly like Widnes.

Lets not forget that we picked up Mcmeeken, Cook and Denny from London and that panned out pretty well.

Widnes are a poor team, but that doesn't mean they don't have any good players...........