Choice of Semi Final

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Big Shug
Academy Player
Academy Player

Choice of Semi Final

Post by Big Shug » 01 Sep 2018, 12:57

After watching the St Helens V Wigan game last night.
Which team would we most prefer to travel to for a Grand Final place. Surely we are due a win away to Saints

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Choice of Semi Final

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Sep 2018, 13:03

Saints
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Sep 2018, 13:15

Not fussed.
To win the GF we will have to beat one or the other.
Can’t really go on last nights game, saints/Wigan games are always fiery and intense.
Wigan could or might become complacent when playing what they’d call a lesser team.
It’s down to us to do our job correctly on the field.
Be up and prepared for a hard intense game. Then see how it goes.
If we want it enough I can’t see why not.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Sep 2018, 13:58

Wigan - to ruin Wane and Ratboys send off in front of their home fans

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 01 Sep 2018, 16:29

Wigan. Won there as underdogs plenty of times in recent years. St Helens, well..........

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 01 Sep 2018, 16:35

Wigan without doubt.
Then do to saints what we had done o us
Audacter Et Sincere

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 01 Sep 2018, 17:49

Wherever it ends up being it would be great if we can travel in massive numbers.

The M62 is always a pain at the back end of the week but the sight of a packed end of Cas fans is hard to top and would give the players a huge buzz

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Sep 2018, 22:52

Tough choice. Either way we will go in as underdogs which will be a good thing.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Sep 2018, 23:03

SuffolkTiger wrote:Wherever it ends up being it would be great if we can travel in massive numbers.

The M62 is always a pain at the back end of the week but the sight of a packed end of Cas fans is hard to top and would give the players a huge buzz
Never mind the M62 I’m straight up the car park laughingly called the M6

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 01 Sep 2018, 23:59

As good as Wigan were, I’d still much prefer to travel to Wigan than saints if that were the choice

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Sep 2018, 08:51

If we are to finish 3rd the club needs to get promote the hell out of it and get plenty of coaches on...especially if we drop for the Thurs night Semi.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Sep 2018, 14:11

SuffolkTiger wrote:Wherever it ends up being it would be great if we can travel in massive numbers.

The super 8s game we travelled at 2pm and got in a pub early.ano not everyone can do that but if possible that’s what I’d advise.wherever we are we need to take a good 4K and really get behind the boys

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Sep 2018, 17:59

Scoopage wrote:

The super 8s game we travelled at 2pm and got in a pub early.ano not everyone can do that but if possible that’s what I’d advise.wherever we are we need to take a good 4K and really get behind the boys
Agree. As soon as I know when and where I will be planning that. We need a huge turn out that raises the roof. It could be one of the games of a life time.....

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 02 Sep 2018, 20:11

the club could put buses on at cost rather than trying to make money out of the traveling fans. need as many as possible for this one.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Sep 2018, 20:42

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:

Agree. As soon as I know when and where I will be planning that. We need a huge turn out that raises the roof. It could be one of the games of a life time.....
Fancy a pint in pub near ground?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 02 Sep 2018, 21:07

Scoopage wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:

Fancy a pint in pub near ground?
Love to. Let's see how it pans out and we can arrange something.

It took me weeks to get over the pain of how last year concluded. I'm so passionate about it that it really hurt. As a result, I'm determined to be a bit more reflective this time and enjoy the ride whatever happens.

At OT, I ended up sitting with some Saints fans in our area who were top notch. They saw I was hurting and shared the pain that they had experienced as a result of numerous grand final losses. It helped - a bit!

vandeveldtsbaldhead

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 03 Sep 2018, 15:00

[quote="Scoopage"][quote="SuffolkTiger"][quote="Scoopage"][quote="SuffolkTiger"]Wherever it ends up being it would be great if we can travel in massive numbers.

The M62 is always a pain at the back end of the week but the sight of a packed end of Cas fans is hard to top and would give the players a huge buzz[/quote]

The super 8s game we travelled at 2pm and got in a pub early.ano not everyone can do that but if possible that’s what I’d advise.wherever we are we need to take a good 4K and really get behind the boys[/quote]

Agree. As soon as I know when and where I will be planning that. We need a huge turn out that raises the roof. It could be one of the games of a life time.....[/quote]
Fancy a pint in pub near ground?[/quote]
Regardless of anything else, regardless of the games we still have to play.
We are only one game away from a second Grand Final appearance