TONIGHTS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: TONIGHTS GAME

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Sep 2018, 08:55

There bench was one of the weakest that will.have played any super league game this season and not to score a point in the last thirty minutes was pity poor I thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 08 Sep 2018, 09:16

we were solid and workmanlike without breaking any pots.i'd like to see the attack coming together a bit more cohesively over the next couple of weeks ready for the semi.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Sep 2018, 09:39

WallTiger wrote:I thought we just went through the motions after going 3 scores up but got to credit Hulls attitude to defend for the full 80 minutes they certainly showed up for each other and I think their fans appreciated that effort last night although they must be questioning where that has been in the last month.
That seems to be the difference between us and the other 3 in top 4. We switch off and go through the motions where as the others go for the sword and score 60+ points

Having said all that it comes down to 1 game in 4 weeks time

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 08 Sep 2018, 09:57

I think second half we were trying our best not to concede and pick up injuries rather than scoring points. The game was won and we really don't need injuries now.

Oli Holmes major hamstring injury anyone know? Season ender?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Sep 2018, 10:43

Swagger wrote:I think second half we were trying our best not to concede and pick up injuries rather than scoring points. The game was won and we really don't need injuries now.

Oli Holmes major hamstring injury anyone know? Season ender?
The way he went down and was helped off did not look promising at all.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 08 Sep 2018, 10:47

I don’t think we really got out of second gear tbh , and we didn’t have to . Reiterating what a Hull fan said after the game , if we had needed to win by 40 to secure Top 4 , we would have . Bad news for Oggi but thought Wardle did well and with Jesse maybe fit again before seasons end we should be okay .

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 08 Sep 2018, 11:01

Very scrappy game, we were very slow to get going, and definitely switched off at the end. We seemed to try to attack a lot more down the right than normal. Maybe that was a bit of an experiment to give us more options in the future, but it didn't really work. I agree about Wardle, he was a lot better after very average performances on previous occasions I have seen him. I was just glad to see Cas win at that ground after so many previous visits. The last time I saw Cas win at Hull was at the Boulevard

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 08 Sep 2018, 11:25

Not a particularly inspiring performance and don’t really buy the ‘didn’t need to be’ argument. No good for building the momentum DP is seeking or for getting the attack firing.

Was really disappointed in Gale, who rather than trying to get his game going, seemed to treat the first half as an exhibition match and was largely anonymous in the second.

Much more intensity needed next week.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Sep 2018, 11:31

Seeing darylls interview after the game he seemed a bit disappointed.
He’s been saying for the past 2/3 weeks we need consistency.
Our attack needs to be better.

Apart from a few flashes last week it still seems very stuttery.
Last week gale had a great game and was involved in a lot of the tries.
This week he wasn’t involved or seemed invisible for most of the game, very quiet.
Daryl pointed this out in his interview, 2 Nd game syndrome. Whatever that means.

My worry is when we are trying to get moves work, it seems to fall apart with either a dropped pass or a forward pass. We are running out of games to get the attack sorted.
Defence looks pretty stable.

I just hope like everyone is saying, we didn’t need to get out of second gear, well let’s hope in a few weeks time we’ve found 3 and 4th gears.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Sep 2018, 11:41

It's tosh to say we were just going through the motions these games up to the semi are vital to get the attack working to the extent we can go to Wigan and turn them over agree on gale looked completely different from last week I think Powell will want to see a whole lot better on Thursday from the team
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Sep 2018, 12:42

A largely uninspiring performance and our attack still looks uncoordinated and really needs to sharpen up. Can't understand why Webster is being omitted , just seems away to get Wardle into the starting line up.
If Huddersfield perform to the same standard they did against us last time it will give us more indication where we are at as we have been pretty lucky with the Super 8s fixtures how they have fallen for us and as for all of the season I remain unconvinced of our credentials.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 08 Sep 2018, 18:29

Sharlotiger wrote:A largely uninspiring performance and our attack still looks uncoordinated and really needs to sharpen up. Can't understand why Webster is being omitted , just seems away to get Wardle into the starting line up.
If Huddersfield perform to the same standard they did against us last time it will give us more indication where we are at as we have been pretty lucky with the Super 8s fixtures how they have fallen for us and as for all of the season I remain unconvinced of our credentials.
Me neither sharlot

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Sep 2018, 22:21

flow wrote:
laner wrote:Fullback, Halfbacks and Forwards more than good enough but from 2 to 4 that’s the weakness within the team another centre and winger signings a much needed priority
be careful you don't slag sticks or shenton you will get slaughtered on here eden definitely one off best wingers in super league but yes we need another winger and centre cant relay on minikin coming back and making the grade
Doubt you will see either, spent up