Negativity

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Negativity

Post by StevieTheTV » 10 Sep 2018, 08:43

Why is everyone being so negative?

We have suffered one of the worst seasons with injuries I can remember, we have confirmed our SF spot with 3 weeks to spare. To me that's a great achievement. If someone would of told me before the season started the amount of injuries we would of had, I would of taken 5th or 6th.

So, yes we aren't breaking any pots at the moment but believe me, Saints and Wigan will be wanting to avoid us in the Semi, Warrington have shown what they are capable of this season, we haven't. Would anyone care how disjointed we have been so far if we hit our straps and win the GF?!?!?!?!?
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Negativity

Post by gateman » 10 Sep 2018, 09:20

Negativity, any one thinking this as not watched CAS for long enough here we are with a 50 50 chance of being in the final, opposed to bumping about at the bottom of the table or being relegated , they have come along way in the years I have watched CAS

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 10 Sep 2018, 09:27

StevieTheTV wrote:Why is everyone being so negative?

We have suffered one of the worst seasons with injuries I can remember, we have confirmed our SF spot with 3 weeks to spare. To me that's a great achievement. If someone would of told me before the season started the amount of injuries we would of had, I would of taken 5th or 6th.

So, yes we aren't breaking any pots at the moment but believe me, Saints and Wigan will be wanting to avoid us in the Semi, Warrington have shown what they are capable of this season, we haven't. Would anyone care how disjointed we have been so far if we hit our straps and win the GF?!?!?!?!?
Exactly. Didn't get out of 2nd gear on Friday, because basically we didn't need too. Look back at the predictions at the beginning of the year to see where people thought we would finish. I always said that we needed to use last year as a blue print, as no one spoke about Leeds like they did us and this year, Saints were/are doing what we did. We are 1 game away from a 2nd consecutive GF, and not one of us would have turned that down in February now would we!!!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Sep 2018, 09:35

StevieTheTV wrote:Why is everyone being so negative?

don't think any body's being negative about this season with the injury's good achievement all round to make the semi finals again. drop in crowds be a concern financially only negative buts that's are s and sky fault not the clubs. Think the negativity your speaking about is the coming years not this year with no sign off a new ground and other teams such as Huddersfield and Catalans improving hull and leeds wont be as bad again and are directer hinting they wont be any major signings for next year and will be going we back line we have is a major concern , stand still in the modern game and we will get left behind . but this year powell must be close to coach off year again fingers cross it ends even better.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Sep 2018, 09:55

I’ve read quite a few posts were people have said we never got out of second gear.
So what do we do in the next 2 games Huddersfield/wakefield.
Do we stay in second gear or do we try and push on with more intensity and consistency, the 2 things DP as been asking for for the last 2/3 weeks.
Imo we need to start getting some real momentum. Not stutter through games.

I would take a stuttery GF win, but that won’t happen, the other 3 teams are far better than the last 2 teams we’ve played. It’s ok stuttering against a hung over Catalans team, and a team who couldn’t buy a win.
I’m hoping to see the boys open up on Thursday, won’t be easy but a good test for what’s to come.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Sep 2018, 10:12

i watched the game again against hull and dont buy for a minute we were in second gear or messing about because we knew we were going to win we tried to put the moves on and tried to put more points on them bur werent able to
to borrow ocls phrase stuttery is how id describe us but having said that we have done well this season to be where we are at the moment but to beat two of wigan saints and warrington in back to back weeks is going to take a big improvement on what ive seen lately .....but not immpossible
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 10 Sep 2018, 11:11

Nothing to be negative about . Second half of that hull match for me was Cas going through training drills and linking up the half backs making hull play from their own line. Apart from the odd error that were just playing out their sets and managing the game. It will all be good! Once the familiarity is sorted Cas will start with the class

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Sep 2018, 11:21

Think some people do a disservice to Hull really. Had they not been battered the week before, would people be complaining or see that as a professional, confident win, where we only had one defensive lapse?

Hull were always going to raise their game to prove a point. We are 80 minutes from Old Trafford and that’s with consistent injuries throughout this season. Hull and Leeds have had them but struggled. We haven’t. We have done incredibly well to be where we are without a lot of our key players. And factor in many people wrote us off as one season wonders before the season began.

And as for saying other teams will improve, well, they might. That’s sport - but given how difficult recruitment is and the lack of quality, a few of these clubs may find themselves in similar situations if injuries bite again. We have space for one more squad signing and maybe a better signing if we can free up one or two players. I still think there’s a few deals to come with Widnes probably going down and as clubs look to juggle their cap space. The key thing for us is that we now have one of the most settled squads in Super League without too much upheaval. We also have our spine of Mata’utia, Trueman, Gale, McShane and Milner tied up.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 10 Sep 2018, 11:38

I don't feel anyone's that negative.just as been said most fans are worried with the three quarter line up for next year just like we was with the full back situation,and who got that right?. Yes the fans

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 10 Sep 2018, 18:29

If we are looking for a lucky omen Leeds fans were moaning about their side right up to the semi finals last year...

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Sep 2018, 12:34

I'm absolutely positive there's some negativity but this can bring both pluses and minuses!
Spreading the Cas gene pool