Grand final winners

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TiGR

Re: Grand final winners

Post by TiGR » 21 Sep 2018, 16:07

Yes, but I'm old school, so Grand Final is not the main prize.

No problem with having some kind of playoff to keep the interest going to the very end of the season, but far as I'm concerned Saints are League Champions this year.

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 21 Sep 2018, 16:13

Askham Tiger wrote:I'm not trolling, but this time last year quite a lot of us wanted to see the team who finished top crowned champions outright, and do away with playoffs and the Grand Final. I said at the time it's ok thinking that way when we finish top, but it's a bit different when we don't.

Hand on heart, would anyone be happy to see St Helens crowned as champions with the remaining teams having nothing else to play for as they can't overtake St Helens....despite the fact our friends over Merseyside way are looking a little bit more unbeatable of late.
The team who finish top after playing everyone else home and away have been the best team of the season & deserve to be seen as champions. The playoffs, whatever format they take (and they are changing yet again next year) are a glorified knock out competition where luck plays a much greater part in the result. That doesn't mean that I don't want us to win the CC or GF but I think the LLS should be more highly prized than it is.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Sep 2018, 23:10

alftupper wrote:
gateman wrote:how our fortunes have turned round since DP came on the scene when he took over from Mildred we could not buy a win, a grand final appearance last year and 80 mins from another
When I was calling for him to be sacked many of this boards regulars said we couldn’t afford to (you know who you are). What’s happened in the years since has shown what nonsense they were spouting.
:lol: oh dear