Peaking at right time

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Peaking at right time

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Sep 2018, 22:39

Are strongest team of year when it matters most at business end of season whatever happens next two or three games Powells done a unbelievable job have the team in position it's in
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Peaking at right time

Post by old cas lass » 21 Sep 2018, 22:48

Them first half tries were replica’s on how we played last year.
Nice to see gale slot back in and peter matautia now looks like he’s clicked coming into the like.
I would like to see us stop pushing the pass when there’s no need for it, Wakefield could have had a couple more tries, all in all a nice blow out, good defence yet again.
It’s all slotting into place.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Sep 2018, 22:54

I couldn't be more pleased with matautia he's getting better every week too
Vince Lombardi

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 21 Sep 2018, 22:58

old cas lass wrote:Them first half tries were replica’s on how we played last year.
Nice to see gale slot back in and peter matautia now looks like he’s clicked coming into the like.
I would like to see us stop pushing the pass when there’s no need for it, Wakefield could have had a couple more tries, all in all a nice blow out, good defence yet again.
It’s all slotting into place.
Liking the look of Mata'utia. He has a hint of Hardaker when attacking in the way that he moves around the field and his try last week from the scum followed by tonight's display puts us in a good position once he has a full pre-season behind him.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 21 Sep 2018, 23:00

Need to cut these silly pens out if we are going go old Trafford again

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 21 Sep 2018, 23:28

Did what they needed to do. Put together good combinations in 1st half. Building slowly. Pack looks good.
Gale is key to success.
9 in a row. Top Yorkshire team again. 80 mins from GF. Saints hoodoo to be dispelled next week?
Great times Cas fans.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Sep 2018, 08:13

Good attacking play at times.defence getting better.do we rest our key players or go for momentum? I think I would rest alot next week,I don't think we can afford any injuries in saints game if we are to beat Wigan.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Sep 2018, 08:31

I would certainly rest anyone with the slightest knock, the league is over for us, our only aim is to beat Wigan and I think we can , time for the under 19s who have been training with the first team to be given a shot plus once again Big Will, he keeps appearing in the warm up only to return to the dressing room

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Sep 2018, 08:33

I’m liking the way we are looking nearly as dangerous going to the right in attack aswel as the left.trueman is playing some exciting,mature rugby league and with mata’utia chiming in on both sides I think we have better options than 2017.if that 17 can get on the park v Wigan and hopefully the grand final we have a hell of a chance

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Sep 2018, 08:52

Think we a looking good at the moment. What did frustrate me last night was the amount of penalties we gave away when we had wakey near there own line. Cas players laying on too long, we need to be better at getting out of the ruck at times.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Sep 2018, 09:00

If we give the slightest chance for any offence at Wigan a penalty WILL be awarded, WANE seems to have trained his team to throw their arms up in the air and fall on the floor any number of times during a game, he as also instructed Tomkins to be ever in the REFS ears

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Sep 2018, 09:11

gateman wrote:If we give the slightest chance for any offence at Wigan a penalty WILL be awarded, WANE seems to have trained his team to throw their arms up in the air and fall on the floor any number of times during a game, he as also instructed Tomkins to be ever in the REFS ears
Yes he does and Powell commented on it this week,players cheating the refs.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 22 Sep 2018, 09:12

westerbeast wrote:Think we a looking good at the moment. What did frustrate me last night was the amount of penalties we gave away when we had wakey near there own line. Cas players laying on too long, we need to be better at getting out of the ruck at times.
Yes we do

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 Sep 2018, 09:21

classysupercas3 wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Think we a looking good at the moment. What did frustrate me last night was the amount of penalties we gave away when we had wakey near there own line. Cas players laying on too long, we need to be better at getting out of the ruck at times.
Yes we do
Very valid point

Can't afford to let teams off the hook with cheap yards in big games

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Sep 2018, 09:41

Looking at it from our opponents point of view if I'd bought a ticket made effort to travel over on a Friday night when it was on telly id have being less than enamoured by my teams performance kicking the ball back to us on first play what the hell was that ?
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 22 Sep 2018, 09:46

tigerfeat wrote:Looking at it from our opponents point of view if I'd bought a ticket made effort to travel over on a Friday night when it was on telly id have being less than enamoured by my teams performance kicking the ball back to us on first play what the hell was that ?
Was adventure, creativity, out of the box rl. Just imagine the reaction had BJB scored. Matautia was razor sharp thankfully. How many fans have moaned about prescriptive playbook rugby league.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Sep 2018, 09:53

Still thought it sent a message that wakey didn't care that much wether they won or lost the match ...and for much of next 80mins that's how it looked to me
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 22 Sep 2018, 10:14

Nothing as worked for em the last 10 games so may aswel try something else in the 11th.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Sep 2018, 10:17

Scoopage wrote:Nothing as worked for em the last 10 games so may aswel try something else in the 11th.
Fair point mate just thought they looked in holiday mode last night
Vince Lombardi

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 22 Sep 2018, 10:34

Chester said before the game that they couldn't beat us down the middle so they were going to try to let the ball do the work.