Semi final v Wigan Away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Semi final v Wigan Away

Post by John » 05 Oct 2018, 21:41

TheSheriff wrote:Ever since he was Leeds coach, Powell teams bottle it in big games.

What does he do different in the lead up to get the players in the wrong frame of mind?
Play the players that are doing the job in training and not play them just because who they are

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 05 Oct 2018, 21:46

SuffolkTiger wrote:Say what you want about Wane but we've been out coached tonight.

Their players have a plan and are motivated. Our lads had no real belief from the start.
Agreed. Plus his team was motivated by wanting to play for their coach and their departing team mates...our motivation was apparently was to rile a handfull of players who felt that they were overlooked in the dreamteam? So as opposed to a few bruised egos, a journey over the pennines made by 4k+ of some of the best supporters in rugby not being enough apparently...

I love Daryl and would NEVER critcise him but between this, last year and a few CC cup games the feeling that we are big game chokers is creeping in.

What a pathetic end to a season.
Last edited by Fearless' Headguard on 05 Oct 2018, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 05 Oct 2018, 21:49

Nillied two weeks on the trot......how the hell can you justify a performance like that........totally bottless....watch powell blame the ref.....get all that support best in league and turn in that garbage again.......gutted

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 05 Oct 2018, 21:51

We are a team of bottlers plain and simple. Even the semi final last year we tried our damn hardest to bottle. The only trophy we bear have a chance of winning is the league leaders in my eyes. We can’t do knockout football.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 05 Oct 2018, 21:54

John wrote: Play the players that are doing the job in training and not play them just because who they are
Like who?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 21:56

Well done to the fantastic support I pulled into the Wigan car park at about 7.20 there wasn't one coach had arrived at the ground horrendous journey if you didn't set off mid afternoon half the cas support didn't get into the ground till well after kick off
And then to watch that people in a big game who can't do the basics of catching and holding on to the ball just a massive let down
Well done to Wigan hardly made a mistake and were so much better than cas I found it a bit embarrising tbh
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 05 Oct 2018, 22:05

Needed 13 mitch clarks tonight .... that kid took it to wigan big style.....instead we got penalty machine Miner...and a carnt be arsed attitude from the rest.....what exactly is the point of building a top four team if your gonna bottle it everytime

come on cannot use the excuse we havent got big game experience anymore.....so its got to be this teams attitude...loser and bottler is not something i would want as my tag but this lot are quickly getting that reputation......

gutted for our travelling army ....... if only the team could match that passion and support...they deserved so much more once again

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 05 Oct 2018, 22:11

The Firm wrote:Choked on the big stage again i’m afraid. We’ve been dire, out-muscled up front, halves & hooker with terrible decision making and the backs slow and cumbersome. Sadly this lot just lack the nouse to take us over the final hurdle.
This.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 22:15

Matautia and Clark ran the ball in well looking to next year matautia trueman gale mcshane a good spine we've got good forwards ...unfortunately we've got a number of players who are not good enough if your talking about winning these types of games
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 05 Oct 2018, 22:21

Thought defence was spot on but attack abysmal.they swamped our left edge attack and we didn’t have a plan B.positive is I think we’ve got a gem in mata’utia solid is that lad.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 22:24

Yeah we tackled well mate people throwing shenny under bus make me laugh he was better than a few I could name
Vince Lombardi

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 05 Oct 2018, 22:31

tigerfeat wrote:Yeah we tackled well mate people throwing shenny under bus make me laugh he was better than a few I could name
There were plenty of below par performances but Shenny was very poor, again. Had his day I’m afraid.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 05 Oct 2018, 22:41

Oh thought of another positive.better to be involved in these games than MPG.this squad( with a couple of additions)will crack a major trophy soon im sure of it.for me roberts as to go though,just not good enough and never as been imo.should be able to bring in another good centre with that.id like to see Thomas minns at cas when his bans up.will be a top player if he gets back on straight and narrow

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Oct 2018, 22:44

jackknife wrote:
John wrote: Play the players that are doing the job in training and not play them just because who they are
Like who?
Sounds like you are saying there’s a few blue eyed boys who play because of name and not form.
Interesting.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 22:47

Agree on Roberts I feared the worst when truey got knobbeled and I knew he would play and if Powell is not going to play minikin on the wing then we need to find another wingman our lack of pace in the backs will see us struggle to be a top four side next year unless jon wells on the case
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 23:26

Be quicker to get from cas to Toronto next year than travelling on this piece of s...
Vince Lombardi

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 05 Oct 2018, 23:32

Have we scored yet......

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 05 Oct 2018, 23:36

ERG2012 wrote:Have we scored yet......
Maybe next season hopefully.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Oct 2018, 00:00

Milner was an absolute disgrace tonight. He is a massive liability in my view and went a long way to making sure we didn’t win tonight.

He neees to grow up and stop all the hard man antics. He completely let his coach, his team and the fans down tonight.

Great effort by all to get there tonight. We were home for just after 11, over 2 hours to get there.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Oct 2018, 00:12

old cas lass wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:Have we scored yet......
Maybe next season hopefully.
Not long till boxing day....
Vince Lombardi