Richard Wright

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Spanishtiger
Verified

Re: Richard Wright

Post by Spanishtiger » 04 Oct 2018, 01:07

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:Better than Doctor Death letting all our good players go to South Queens land for nothing. The year after we actually won something!
I don’t understand this post. Can you explain?
Dr. Death was our name for C. E. Ashton, otherwise known as Eddie. Funeral Director by trade and in his spare time the chairman who let St Jon Ellis, Mike Ford, Tony Kemp, Richie Blackmore etc leave and replaced them with the likes of. Adrian Flynn, Richard Goddard and Barry Eaton. In 94/95 just after we beat the pies 33-2 in the regal final. Also finished third in the league, got to CC semi and Premiership final losing both to said pies. If ever there was a moment to kick on instead of cash in that was indeed the moment

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 04 Oct 2018, 07:43

Spanishtiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:Better than Doctor Death letting all our good players go to South Queens land for nothing. The year after we actually won something!
Dr. Death was our name for C. E. Ashton, otherwise known as Eddie. Funeral Director by trade and in his spare time the chairman who let St Jon Ellis, Mike Ford, Tony Kemp, Richie Blackmore etc leave and replaced them with the likes of. Adrian Flynn, Richard Goddard and Barry Eaton. In 94/95 just after we beat the pies 33-2 in the regal final. Also finished third in the league, got to CC semi and Premiership final losing both to said pies. If ever there was a moment to kick on instead of cash in that was indeed the moment
I was only young at the time but wasn’t it Eddie Ashton who was happy to lead us into merger with Wakefield and fev?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Oct 2018, 07:58

We've had some dodgy characters in positions of power down the years at our club ...miracle were where we are today
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Oct 2018, 09:37

I seem to remember David Poulter being willing to loosen the purse strings; Nikau wages, Crooks & Steadman, Ford & Ellis, Morrison & Bragger (!) £500k alone. Not sure what the wages were in those days but seem to remember 40k pa being the higher rate commanded by 3 of those guys.

Not sure if Ashton was having to clear the debts brought on my poulters spending, but, I’ve heard horrendous things about him, nothing so much as claiming the road near his chapel of rest in glasshoughton is ‘his’? :D am I right?
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 04 Oct 2018, 09:38

And I’m thoroughly embarrassed by my ‘messiah’ approach to Faisal [REMOVED] head. What a joke. Seems like poskitt was taken in by him too,
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Oct 2018, 09:51

I didn't know doctor death was involved in the buying and selling of players and that side of things to be honest
Vince Lombardi

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 04 Oct 2018, 12:24

Wouldn't trust a single word out of Feisal's mouth I am afraid, the guy is a marketing expert and what he markets the best is himself.

Not one meaningful piece of information on his website, other than he is an expert at convincing people to part with their own cash to listen to his hot air.

Biggest part of the website appears to be dedicated to pictures of him with famous people, so he really is the real deal right? I mean he must be with all the famous dudes he's pals with!

What a tool. :P

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 04 Oct 2018, 13:20

westyorkylad wrote:Wouldn't trust a single word out of Feisal's mouth I am afraid, the guy is a marketing expert and what he markets the best is himself.

Not one meaningful piece of information on his website, other than he is an expert at convincing people to part with their own cash to listen to his hot air.

Biggest part of the website appears to be dedicated to pictures of him with famous people, so he really is the real deal right? I mean he must be with all the famous dudes he's pals with!

What a tool. :P
It was a clever tax avoidance Ponzi scheme the original probiz model. Recruit a load of accountants wiling to pay a subscription fee. Get them to go round recruiting more accountants showing them what to do...pay commission I’m guessing out of the original subscription fee.

It was literally just a glorified pyramid.

Good luck to him if people still listen to him. I’m just glad it’s not us.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 04 Oct 2018, 13:40

Mysterio wrote:I seem to remember David Poulter being willing to loosen the purse strings; Nikau wages, Crooks & Steadman, Ford & Ellis, Morrison & Bragger (!) £500k alone. Not sure what the wages were in those days but seem to remember 40k pa being the higher rate commanded by 3 of those guys.

Not sure if Ashton was having to clear the debts brought on my poulters spending, but, I’ve heard horrendous things about him, nothing so much as claiming the road near his chapel of rest in glasshoughton is ‘his’? :D am I right?
A different era.pre bosman ruling where players didn't have big wages but transfer fees were agreed between clubs or by tribunal courts that set a players fee. A lot of underhand tactics were used mainly back handers and brown envelopes left in players kit bags to get them to sign on. Remember once been told knocker Norton went to headingley promising to sign for Leeds who gave him 8k in a shoe box only for him to sign for hull the following day.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 04 Oct 2018, 22:15

TT Tiger wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
I was only young at the time but wasn’t it Eddie Ashton who was happy to lead us into merger with Wakefield and fev?
Sorry folks. I remember the Eddie Ashton era really well. Just don’t remember the ‘Doctor Death’ nickname
Thanks for explaining!

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 05 Oct 2018, 16:08

Not to be pedantic but think we called him
'Eddie Death' the Austin Powers film with Dr Death was released long after Eddie's reign (?)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Oct 2018, 16:12

Lol what Austin powers got to do with it...a doctor who's a undertaker hello
Vince Lombardi

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 05 Oct 2018, 16:20

Our group definitely referred to him as DD. Was 25 years ago mind. I do remember he had an old Ford ambulance that only carried bodies...
BTW I'm reliably informed that the character in the Austin Powers films was called Dr. Evil.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 08 Oct 2018, 17:00

Back to RW and having the Club at heart and delivering success are two aspects that don't often come together. It was pretty clear that he was out of his depth long before he was pushed.

On the Fake Sheik, I note my cautious optimism in my only post on the thread, hopeful of useful input and not what he actually provided.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Oct 2018, 10:03

The thing is Feisal could have been a koucash or beaumont (the early versions) but wasn't. Still, he brought Vowlsey over for a holiday to see the fans.

The problem was there wasn't any money about apart from local people. He did bring us some publicity and not all was bad.