Disappointed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Disappointed

Post by Black n Amber » 06 Oct 2018, 00:38

Said it a fortnight ago, Shenton is done it’s as simple as that, and he has been for yonks, the legs are the last thing to go, they’ve gone, people really need to get their head out of the clouds with regards to him, theirs no room for sentimency, that’s when sides get left behind, Gildart had his number from minute 1, it was like shelling peas, he’s been a great servant to the club, but it’s time he was moved on.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 06 Oct 2018, 00:46

Shenton has been a class act for such a long time but have to agree for me he has gone if he is still at the club next season the captaincy has to be moved his just not a leader and as for his ability to pass on some occasions as much as he has a pass nailed on for Eden he could have had a hat trick tonight !’

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Oct 2018, 02:38

haven't watched it back yet but at the game shenny seemed to get some real suicide passes and did well to catch them as gildart was on him as the ball arrived.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 06 Oct 2018, 05:06

lurcher wrote:haven't watched it back yet but at the game shenny seemed to get some real suicide passes and did well to catch them as gildart was on him as the ball arrived.
If people are going on about Shenton being slow,how about the service he got last night? especially when Holmes was in the line?. he slows any attack we have out wide.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Oct 2018, 08:00

lurcher wrote:haven't watched it back yet but at the game shenny seemed to get some real suicide passes and did well to catch them as gildart was on him as the ball arrived.
That’s how I saw it

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Oct 2018, 08:47

That was as bad a performance from an half back I've seen for a long time last night. When the game called for a calm head, Luke Gale wasn't that. When your scrum half starts playing erratic, the team usually follows.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Oct 2018, 08:55

I will go along with that Gale plus Roberts were no were to be seen, plus a few more , one bright spot is at least we have a good full back, we will have to wait and see who will be coming in in the coming months , a top class center is a must

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 Oct 2018, 08:58

heritage1926 wrote:That was as bad a performance from an half back I've seen for a long time last night. When the game called for a calm head, Luke Gale wasn't that. When your scrum half starts playing erratic, the team usually follows.
What was quite alarming really was how much we missed our 19 year old halfback

Gale was more interested in chelping at Thaler and trying to act the big man last night rather than marshaling his side up the field
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 06 Oct 2018, 09:08

Luke hasn’t had enough game time from coming back injury in my mind.

What makes the Wigan’s of the world that bit better is the facilities and physical training kit they have access to along with deploying sports science methods and also physiological applications etc to get the very best out of the players.

I’m not that surprised as to why we fall just a few percent short of what is needed to win at the business end from above that I make mention to.

DP has always got something out of players he has brought in and until the club backs him up on kit and facilities to get this further extra percentage, then it will always be, which is my opinion only.

Some changing of the guard is needed also and this includes some of the Cas stalwart players as sentiment should not get in the way.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 06 Oct 2018, 09:08

the machine wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:That was as bad a performance from an half back I've seen for a long time last night. When the game called for a calm head, Luke Gale wasn't that. When your scrum half starts playing erratic, the team usually follows.

Gale was more interested in chelping at Thaler and trying to act the big man last night rather than marshaling his side up the field
Said it all when he was gobbing at Thaler and Sam Tompkins who was stood behind the ref looked at Luke and put his finger on his lips telling him to shut up or he'd be getting 10
That to me showed a few things
Gale was on the edge of being walked
Wigan had won the battle between the ears
We'd lost guidance
Wigan were confident of beating us with 13 nevermind our playmaker in the bin.

And yes Sam Tompkins! The player who tries his best to influence officials telling our main HB to hold his tongue.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 06 Oct 2018, 09:16

ERG2012 wrote:
the machine wrote:

Said it all when he was gobbing at Thaler and Sam Tompkins who was stood behind the ref looked at Luke and put his finger on his lips telling him to shut up or he'd be getting 10
That to me showed a few things
Gale was on the edge of being walked
Wigan had won the battle between the ears
We'd lost guidance
Wigan were confident of beating us with 13 nevermind our playmaker in the bin.

And yes Sam Tompkins! The player who tries his best to influence officials telling our main HB to hold his tongue.
Maybe that's what he needed, a spell on the sideline and a kick up the arse by a coach
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Oct 2018, 09:24

the machine wrote:

Spot on trueys unlocked the Wigan defence before him getting injured at saints was a massive blow
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2018, 09:31

At least Gale had some fire and spirit in him. The problem he has is that he tries to lift the intensity and gets it wrong and it puts pressure on us.

If half the team had the same intensity trying to hit Wigan, it may have been a totally different ball game.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Disappointb

Post by Mucky1978 » 06 Oct 2018, 09:36

If we ever wanna win a grand Final the likes of Clare Roberts And Holmes can’t be anywhere near the side.
Thankful we saw sense and have let Webster go to a great servant but as been finished 6 months.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Oct 2018, 09:38

CasRus wrote:Luke hasn’t had enough game time from coming back injury in my mind.

What makes the Wigan’s of the world that bit better is the facilities and physical training kit they have access to along with deploying sports science methods and also physiological applications etc to get the very best out of the players.

I’m not that surprised as to why we fall just a few percent short of what is needed to win at the business end from above that I make mention to.

DP has always got something out of players he has brought in and until the club backs him up on kit and facilities to get this further extra percentage, then it will always be, which is my opinion only.

Some changing of the guard is needed also and this includes some of the Cas stalwart players as sentiment should not get in the way.
They did slightly better this year but with all those advantages, why not 12 months ago too?
Saints must be really worried as a club. They have all that and no real injury problems. How bad must their table topping coaching team be?
Last edited by Tamworth Tiger on 06 Oct 2018, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Oct 2018, 09:41

I agree with you mucky and id put one or two more in your list problem for me in 2019 were going to have a big number of players in the squad who are not good enough ..if your talking about winning a grand final
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 06 Oct 2018, 10:44

So when was the last time we got nilled in back to back games?
And who else has ever been nilled in a semi final?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2018, 11:06

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:So when was the last time we got nilled in back to back games?
Bradford 71-0 Hull play-off Semi Final 2005 at Odsal.
London 0-70 Wigan 2013 Challenge Cup at Leigh Sports Village for Q2

Looking up Q1 now.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 06 Oct 2018, 11:10

HuddsTigers wrote:
RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:So when was the last time we got nilled in back to back games?
Bradford 71-0 Hull play-off Semi Final 2005 at Odsal.
London 0-70 Wigan 2013 Challenge Cup at Leigh Sports Village for Q2

Looking up Q1 now.
Saw someone say on fb(yes I know lol) earlier it was 1929

Michael Jordan

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2018, 11:14

Can’t find any evidence of us losing two back to back games by being nilled ever.

That’s from RL Project though. A Cas historian may have a better idea. Either way it’s an unwanted record to have for this team if it is.