Next Year's Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Next Year's Squad

Post by the machine » 19 Oct 2018, 12:31

SREGITSAC wrote:Minikin is a centre not a winger and I believe quite rightly he will get his shot next year, that does leave a wing spot open as we require a player that will give us an edge (on that edge). I expect someone will be signed up, work is clearly underway to free up some cap space and JW has confirmed that there will be a small number of personnel changes. Patience is quite possibly a requirement here.
:lol:

No chance of that happening
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 19 Oct 2018, 13:41

the machine wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:Minikin is a centre not a winger and I believe quite rightly he will get his shot next year, that does leave a wing spot open as we require a player that will give us an edge (on that edge). I expect someone will be signed up, work is clearly underway to free up some cap space and JW has confirmed that there will be a small number of personnel changes. Patience is quite possibly a requirement here.

True!

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 25 Oct 2018, 20:20

Show me the money has just announced on his radio show that he and Jon Wells have got a deal over the line today that we’ll all be happy with.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Oct 2018, 20:32

daytona wrote:Show me the money has just announced on his radio show that he and Jon Wells have got a deal over the line today that we’ll all be happy with.
Indicates a resigning than a new signing. Probably Minikin new contract.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Oct 2018, 20:57

daytona wrote:Show me the money has just announced on his radio show that he and Jon Wells have got a deal over the line today that we’ll all be happy with.
I shall be renewing my season ticket but some news like this will spur me on, lets hope its a center

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Oct 2018, 21:48

Could be a sponsorship deal

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Oct 2018, 22:49

I’ll be surprised if it’s Greg, expect his extension to come mid season

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 25 Oct 2018, 23:34

New deal for Trueman ??!?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 25 Oct 2018, 23:45

Could be...fits the bill of fans being happy about it and it is one of JWs key goals in the short term, to tie him up.

Left field but Rhys Evans is being touted around by Leigh and I believe he is one of Craig’s ... not sure how I would feel about that!

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 25 Oct 2018, 23:48

he has loads of players on his books it could be , but I reckon it’s Trueman resigning

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Oct 2018, 00:00

SREGITSAC wrote:
the machine wrote:

True!
we need two centres not just one and I cant see minikin being good enough. patience how long do you leave it till all best players have being signed you talk rubbish.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 Oct 2018, 00:10

To be fair, we don’t have a clue what’s happening behind the scenes.
We could already have player(s) signed up, ready to be announced at a later date....who knows.
As for this one tonight, I’ll be quite happy for it to be trueman.
He’s one player we need to keep long term.

So let’s sit back for now and see what happens in the next few days or weeks.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 26 Oct 2018, 00:17

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
the machine wrote:

True!
we need two centres not just one and I cant see minikin being good enough. patience how long do you leave it till all best players have being signed you talk rubbish.
It's not about the club being patient, it's about us, the fans, being patient and letting the club get on with the transfer business that they need to do or may have already done and are awaiting announcement
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 26 Oct 2018, 00:30

We do need to improve our backs at least 1 centre if not 2 can’t see it happening for this season hope I’m wrong we do need to get it right though

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Oct 2018, 04:59

flow wrote:
SREGITSAC wrote:
the machine wrote:

True!
I talk rubbish? That’s rich coming from you

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 26 Oct 2018, 05:12

Tigerman2014 wrote:he has loads of players on his books it could be , but I reckon it’s Trueman resigning
Oh I know and I think It being Truey is a good shout.... just spotted the Evans story on twitter so thought I would share as any outside back becoming available sparks interest from people

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 26 Oct 2018, 06:47

SREGITSAC wrote:
Tigerman2014 wrote:he has loads of players on his books it could be , but I reckon it’s Trueman resigning
Oh I know and I think It being Truey is a good shout.... just spotted the Evans story on twitter so thought I would share as any outside back becoming available sparks interest from people
Mitch Clark on his books..

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Oct 2018, 07:32

SREGITSAC wrote:Could be...fits the bill of fans being happy about it and it is one of JWs key goals in the short term, to tie him up.

Left field but Rhys Evans is being touted around by Leigh and I believe he is one of Craig’s ... not sure how I would feel about that!
I'm sure how I would feel lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 26 Oct 2018, 09:57

I can not see it being trueman as he sign 3 years last year

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Oct 2018, 10:01

mitch clark or truey on a long term deal would be good news both have big futures ahead
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi