Last time we were nilled in successive league games.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
vandeveldtsbaldhead

Last time we were nilled in successive league games.

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 08 Oct 2018, 10:22

After spending all yesterday afternoon trawling through the Castleford Tiger book, I eventually found that the last time Castleford were nilled in successive games was in 1929, yes 1929 , 89 years ago. On the 16th March they lost 5-0 to keighley and 3 days later they lost to huddersfield 7-0.

Another interesting fact.

They were nilled at home against Huddersfield in 1961 (0-0), then they went 45 years before being nilled at home, that was against Wakefield in 2006 (18-0), and that was the last time we were nilled at Wheldon Road.

Hope this is of some interest.

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Last time we were nilled in successive league games.

Post by corvusxiii » 08 Oct 2018, 12:07

Was asking about this at the PieDome on Friday. I blame Dr Who for being a woman. Well Done btw.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Oct 2018, 13:20

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:After spending all yesterday afternoon trawling through the Castleford Tiger book, I eventually found that the last time Castleford were nilled in successive games was in 1929, yes 1929 , 89 years ago. On the 16th March they lost 5-0 to keighley and 3 days later they lost to huddersfield 7-0.

They were nilled at home against Huddersfield in 1961 (0-0), then they went 45 years before being nilled at home, that was against Wakefield in 2006 (18-0), and that was the last time we were nilled at Wheldon Road.

Thanks. I put the first bit on another thread a couple of days ago but interesting to see your additional findings
I thought it was also interesting that the game immediately before we were nilled twice we knocked Wigan out of the cup and nilled them!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 08 Oct 2018, 14:22

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:After spending all yesterday afternoon trawling through the Castleford Tiger book, I eventually found that the last time Castleford were nilled in successive games was in 1929, yes 1929 , 89 years ago. On the 16th March they lost 5-0 to keighley and 3 days later they lost to huddersfield 7-0.

Already knew this as OCL told me all about it from her first hand account having been at the game :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: