Return of the mack

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Return of the mack

Post by Mysterio » 19 Oct 2018, 13:03

He’s probably a cracking bloke (pardon the pun) and a loyal friend too. His problem, like many that go before him, is ale and temptation. He’d have been better laking in the 80’s because he’d have been revelling in the folklore of an ‘rl hardman’ who everyone absolutely adored, partly FOR his issues.

I just honestly feel he’d settle down if he got back here with Dazzy and Jon. If we got 2 seasons out of him it would do.
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Oct 2018, 13:03

"Wigan have revealed that Zak Hardaker is going to 'begin a period of rehabilitation' with Sporting Chance Clinic.

“It would be easy for us to cut our losses with Zak and deny him the opportunity to play for Wigan but we are not going to do that," Ian Lenagan says."

"Wigan also say Hardaker will also be monitored closely by the club before entering a daily programme that will include volunteer work, work experience, mentoring days and wellbeing meetings with Player Welfare Manager Steve McCormack. Clearly his absolute last-chance now."

Taken from Aaron Bowers Twitter
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 19 Oct 2018, 13:06

Mysterio wrote:He’s probably a cracking bloke (pardon the pun) and a loyal friend too. His problem, like many that go before him, is ale and temptation. He’d have been better laking in the 80’s because he’d have been revelling in the folklore of an ‘rl hardman’ who everyone absolutely adored, partly FOR his issues.

I just honestly feel he’d settle down if he got back here with Dazzy and Jon. If we got 2 seasons out of him it would do.
He couldn't manage one full season with us and you think he could do two?

Already messed up at wigan within the first month lol

As talented a player as he his, he's far too much hassle and lucky to still have a rugby league career
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Oct 2018, 13:07

Didn’t expect anything else really
This is what we should have done with him.
This IS what Jon would have done, and what Daryl probs ly argued with gill about.
If you think about it, it was irresponsible in several ways on gills behalf to just dump him....
he was our prized asset also!
Audacter Et Sincere

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Oct 2018, 13:07

fords wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:He is what he is. I'd have the player in a flash but unfortunately the player comes with the idiot in him who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Cas team.
Do you reckon the players would want him back ? i get the feeling looking at social media they would.
Of course they would, he helped many get bigger contracts and made a few of them look far better players than they are.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Oct 2018, 13:08

the machine wrote:
Mysterio wrote:He’s probably a cracking bloke (pardon the pun) and a loyal friend too. His problem, like many that go before him, is ale and temptation. He’d have been better laking in the 80’s because he’d have been revelling in the folklore of an ‘rl hardman’ who everyone absolutely adored, partly FOR his issues.

As talented a player as he his, he's far too much hassle and lucky to still have a rugby league career
Yes, I do.
I expect he’ll leave Wigan anyway and end up back here,
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 19 Oct 2018, 13:11

Mysterio wrote:
the machine wrote:

Yes, I do.
I think he'll be out of the game and/or Banged up in the next 2/3 years

Michael Jordan

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Oct 2018, 13:47

the machine wrote:"Wigan have revealed that Zak Hardaker is going to 'begin a period of rehabilitation' with Sporting Chance Clinic.

“It would be easy for us to cut our losses with Zak and deny him the opportunity to play for Wigan but we are not going to do that," Ian Lenagan says."

"Wigan also say Hardaker will also be monitored closely by the club before entering a daily programme that will include volunteer work, work experience, mentoring days and wellbeing meetings with Player Welfare Manager Steve McCormack. Clearly his absolute last-chance now."

That is the sensible option for me and one I hoped Cas would have taken but it still depends on the man himself so only he can dictate the final outcome.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 19 Oct 2018, 13:47

Mysterio wrote:
the machine wrote:

Yes, I do.
How do you envisage he would just 'leave Wigan anyway''?

By messing up AGAIN and therefore proving he cannot keep out of trouble, even with the support Wigan are offering him?

Or by walking out on his contract ala Solomona? Which would make us massive hypocrites if we took him back :lol:

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Oct 2018, 14:03

BigBez10 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
the machine wrote:

Yes, I do.
How do you envisage he would just 'leave Wigan anyway''?

By messing up AGAIN and therefore proving he cannot keep out of trouble, even with the support Wigan are offering him?

Or by walking out on his contract ala Solomona? Which would make us massive hypocrites if we took him back :lol:
Not a mind reader dude!
Where there's a will there's a way
Audacter Et Sincere

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 19 Oct 2018, 14:08

Do I like the bloke? No
Did he cost us a Grand Final? Probably
Would he even come back to us? If he’s desperate enough, then most likely
Would I welcome him back? Just about
His he a match winner? Absolutely

He is the difference between going from top 4 side to a Grand Final and winning the thing. He’s that good – take away what kind of bloke he is, you can’t deny it.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Oct 2018, 15:57

tigerfeat wrote:put it this way if wigan sack him youd do well to get a bookie to give you odds against him coming to cas lol
no way wigan will sack him he is to good they want success not credit for taken the high moral ground like us . would I have him back you bet I would you want to win things you have to have the best pm is good but not in same class as zak and more a centre like webster for me. But no point discussing it will be fullback at wigan next year and man steal winner and probably more.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 19 Oct 2018, 16:10

the machine wrote:"Wigan have revealed that Zak Hardaker is going to 'begin a period of rehabilitation' with Sporting Chance Clinic.

Last chance? That’s what they said when they took him on!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2018, 16:36

flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:put it this way if wigan sack him youd do well to get a bookie to give you odds against him coming to cas lol
no way wigan will sack him he is to good they want success not credit for taken the high moral ground like us . would I have him back you bet I would you want to win things you have to have the best pm is good but not in same class as zak and more a centre like webster for me. But no point discussing it will be fullback at wigan next year and man steal winner and probably more.
No mate they made a rod for there own back God knows how much it costing them to put him in a clinic for a few weeks no way known to man will he stay out of more trouble living in wigan then they will have to go through this all again
I thought if hed come back to cas he would have had some shot at redemption under Powell and yes I know what he did last time under Powell
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Oct 2018, 16:39

Tigersbarmy wrote:I know some of you will call bull on this story . But been told Wigan want rid of Zak , Zak wants out of Wigan . Been seen with Powell last week . Anyone heard anything ?
Well, that’s that shot out of the water.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 19 Oct 2018, 17:55

A hint of criticism towards Zak's previous clubs in the Wigan statement..or am I reading something in there that's not?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Oct 2018, 18:01

Poor that from lenagan no need for it ....he may be singing a different tune in a few months
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 19 Oct 2018, 18:21

Thinks hes god.......could of killed somebody for christ sake.....a drugged up drunk with no selfrespect or respect for others

id bang him up...had enough chances....and none - not one of you would want this low life anywhere near if he had killed one of your family....cannot believe anyone would give him the time of day let alone near our rugby club again....crazy

if it was a choice of winning a grand final with him and a chance he will be drugged up or drunk this side of the pennines or mid table mediocrity without and over there.....i know which im for.

And on a side note.....PM looks every bit as good

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Oct 2018, 18:43

init wrote:Thinks hes god.......could of killed somebody for christ sake.....a drugged up drunk with no selfrespect or respect for others

id bang him up...had enough chances....and none - not one of you would want this low life anywhere near if he had killed one of your family....cannot believe anyone would give him the time of day let alone near our rugby club again....crazy

if it was a choice of winning a grand final with him and a chance he will be drugged up or drunk this side of the pennines or mid table mediocrity without and over there.....i know which im for.

I agree he as now respect for others or probably none off him self. but pm in now were near as good lacks pace to start with more like webster think his future will be centres . We need to find another Zak with out the off field problems for sure. fullback with pace who can link unfortunately not many as good as zak are out there really is a shame nobody can get through to him but will be betting on him for man of steel next year.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 19 Oct 2018, 18:55

init wrote:Thinks hes god.......could of killed somebody for christ sake.....a drugged up drunk with no selfrespect or respect for others

PM is good but Zak is different class there's no denying as a rugby player Zak is one of the best shame about the other side of his life.
I hope PM proves me wrong but for me he's no where near as fast or the fitness level of Zak. Hard to find some one that has all the skill set qlt was a good fast support full back. PM is a great passer and good solid tackling and driving full back.