Kieran Gill joins Newcastle on loan for season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Kieran Gill joins Newcastle on loan for season

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Nov 2018, 19:20

So another 3/4 gone off the books albeit with a recall clause

https://castlefordtigers.com/article.php?id=6171
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Kieran Gill joins Newcastle on loan for season

Post by Dixie D » 15 Nov 2018, 19:59

We don't need backs they are overrated.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Nov 2018, 20:07

C'mon somebody must know who we've signed ha
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Nov 2018, 20:10

Gotta think there’s something in pipe line surely lol

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 Nov 2018, 21:41

Get warmed up Kempy & Ritchie Blackmore (in new money)....

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Nov 2018, 22:27

Good move for the lad Newcastle is a good club in a good environment, no good keeping the lad just for training that's not going to help his development.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2018, 12:34

wigan got four good wingers maybe we get get one of them on loan for a season
Vince Lombardi

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 16 Nov 2018, 15:02

braytontiger wrote:Good move for the lad Newcastle is a good club in a good environment, no good keeping the lad just for training that's not going to help his development.
I do not see this as a good move going from super league to championship 1 in your last year of contract this is all negative when are they going to give young lads a fair whip at sl they have done it with trueman why not any of the others toyo to bradford by all accounts we are down on numbers no good just making a 30 man squad with the 19s we need to sign a few

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Nov 2018, 17:17

John wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Good move for the lad Newcastle is a good club in a good environment, no good keeping the lad just for training that's not going to help his development.
I do not see this as a good move going from super league to championship 1 in your last year of contract this is all negative when are they going to give young lads a fair whip at sl they have done it with trueman why not any of the others toyo to bradford by all accounts we are down on numbers no good just making a 30 man squad with the 19s we need to sign a few
I think that's a question only Kieran can answer, given the choice of not playing and giving him a chance to play every week is far better putting himself in the shop window for both cas and other clubs the chance to see what he can do. He wouldn't be in that shop window sat in the stands waiting his chance and I presume a conversation with DP as taken place saying his chances would be limited has we both know the club are reluctant to let young lads out on loan.

Hope it works out for him and he can come back a better player or if not earn himself a contract elsewhere.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Nov 2018, 17:25

Kieran was above average when playing for our under 19s its a shame he could not have got a start with one of the championship sides, I always thought he would make it fingers crossed he still can

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 16 Nov 2018, 17:46

braytontiger wrote:
John wrote:
I think that's a question only Kieran can answer, given the choice of not playing and giving him a chance to play every week is far better putting himself in the shop window for both cas and other clubs the chance to see what he can do. He wouldn't be in that shop window sat in the stands waiting his chance and I presume a conversation with DP as taken place saying his chances would be limited has we both know the club are reluctant to let young lads out on loan.

Hope it works out for him and he can come back a better player or if not earn himself a contract elsewhere.
He has been playing this year been playing at newcastle if cas are sending him on year long loan there not going to offer him next year hope im wrong as gill a good player but like always no chance for him other one to go out on a year long loan never got sign again fittzy baffled at the decision cas have done with gill

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 16 Nov 2018, 18:20

tigerfeat wrote:wigan got four good wingers maybe we get get one of them on loan for a season
Why do we need a back up winger? Manfredi and Davies will start for them and the others aren’t better than Jimmy Clare

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 16 Nov 2018, 18:25

Probably been shipped out because him and gale had a bit of a fall out in training last season. Nothing but handbags but powell seemed to blame Gill for it.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Nov 2018, 18:28

PSTiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:wigan got four good wingers maybe we get get one of them on loan for a season
Why do we need a back up winger? Manfredi and Davies will start for them and the others aren’t better than Jimmy Clare
Manfredi and Burgess will start for them at a guess
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Nov 2018, 18:30

PSTiger wrote:
Really...You think Clare better than Burgess???
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Nov 2018, 18:34

PSTiger wrote:
They say love is blind. I'd take burgess and Marshall over any of our wingers.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 16 Nov 2018, 20:20

braytontiger wrote:
PSTiger wrote:
Absolutely mad if you’d take Marshall and Burgess over Eden. All the Wigan fans complain about Marshall as he can’t defend and there’s a reason Burgess doesn’t start any more. He’s been terrible since since he came back from the NRL. I genuinely believe we have the worst fans in the league 3 of this back line have got to the Grand Final and 4the semi final in the last two seasons. I agree we need a centre but I’m sick of people moaning for moaning sake.

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 16 Nov 2018, 21:08

PSTiger wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
PSTiger wrote:
Absolutely mad if you’d take Marshall and Burgess over Eden. All the Wigan fans complain about Marshall as he can’t defend and there’s a reason Burgess doesn’t start any more. He’s been terrible since since he came back from the NRL. I genuinely believe we have the worst fans in the league 3 of this back line have got to the Grand Final and 4the semi final in the last two seasons. I agree we need a centre but I’m sick of people moaning for moaning sake.
To correct myself I thought Burgess was dropped due to lack of form but after a quick google, I stand corrected. I remember he suffered with poor form but that must have been last season.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 16 Nov 2018, 21:42

derkster wrote:Probably been shipped out because him and gale had a bit of a fall out in training last season. Nothing but handbags but powell seemed to blame Gill for it.
Gale falls out with a few at training its always his way or no way even when he is in the wrong

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 16 Nov 2018, 21:48

PSTiger wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
PSTiger wrote:
Who's moaning ? For the record burgess and Marshall both suffered season ending injuries. Burgess tore us to bits earlier in the season at Wigan whilst Marshall scored the best try down the lane scored by the opposition all year. It's not moaning stating you believe someone from another club could possibly be better than one of our own,likewise we have some players better than others at Wigan. I'm a fan of cas but also a fan that can appreciate opposing players and there attributes.