Kieran Gill joins Newcastle on loan for season

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Kieran Gill joins Newcastle on loan for season

Post by Mysterio » 18 Nov 2018, 10:07

HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Could be better isn’t better is it Hudds?

On his day could be said about many people also but the ones that are “On his day” more often are clearly the better players.

The way Wigan defended against us in the semi showed for me that they have a better back line because we failed to breach it and didn’t really get close.

I would bet with anyone that Wigan will finish above Cas and will be closer to winning a trophy next year than we will based on the squads we have.
Trueman had a good first year - he was better than Williams last year. But he’s very much still at the potential stage and needs to back it up again this year. You can’t judge to say he’s better until he’s played consistently at this level.

It’s like making a judgment on a new player after two games rather than waiting for a full season. You can’t do it.

Or are you saying you would have Williams over Trueman?

As for the on his day comment, like all wingers he can have stinkers. Would he get the same opportunities at Wigan? Probably not. And that’s another factor to take into account. Is it that the players are good at executing the Shaun Wane game plan? But are they agile? How will they adapt this season under a new coach? You could argue better players perform no matter what the system. And everyone will have their own view on what makes a better or good player too.
Anyone who says (and believes) Trueman is better than Williams, or even had a better season than him overall last year, she/he is mentally ill IMB.

The Wigan wingers are better than the Castleford Wingers too, and that includes Eden! Jeez. I mean I know some cas fans fail to see the bigger picture, but it’s obvious.

Trueman had a good year, yes, by the way.
Audacter Et Sincere

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Nov 2018, 10:37

Wigan produce their talent and give them a chance to prove themselves , last year we let two of our under 19s internationals go for one reason or the other, both will feature this year in Leeds and Warrington colours , would Trueman had is chance with out our long injurie list may be NOT

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 18 Nov 2018, 11:06

gateman wrote:Wigan produce their talent and give them a chance to prove themselves , last year we let two of our under 19s internationals go for one reason or the other, both will feature this year in Leeds and Warrington colours , would Trueman had is chance with out our long injurie list may be NOT
Your spot on johnson went as dp said he would never play super league had the lads in tears as for mc cleland as i think you are refering too dont rate the lad had a bad season for the 19s he always wants to be the 1 in fav but trueman took that roll and he was not happy yes played for England but not very good apart from his drop goal won the game but dont mean he had a good game the lad might come good but i have my doughts the only 1st team players not to get a chance this year with numbers was ashton and oneill ashton cant see him ever playing for cas as for oneill a very different story do not know why cas have not revieled the lad sign 1 year and been told thats the best deal for him as he dont want to be like gill and douglas not getting a chance we have to trust in our youth or pack in the u19s

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2018, 12:24

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

On his day could be said about many people also but the ones that are “On his day” more often are clearly the better players.

The way Wigan defended against us in the semi showed for me that they have a better back line because we failed to breach it and didn’t really get close.

I would bet with anyone that Wigan will finish above Cas and will be closer to winning a trophy next year than we will based on the squads we have.
Trueman had a good first year - he was better than Williams last year. But he’s very much still at the potential stage and needs to back it up again this year. You can’t judge to say he’s better until he’s played consistently at this level.

It’s like making a judgment on a new player after two games rather than waiting for a full season. You can’t do it.

As for the on his day comment, like all wingers he can have stinkers. Would he get the same opportunities at Wigan? Probably not. And that’s another factor to take into account. Is it that the players are good at executing the Shaun Wane game plan? But are they agile? How will they adapt this season under a new coach? You could argue better players perform no matter what the system. And everyone will have their own view on what makes a better or good player too.
Anyone who says (and believes) Trueman is better than Williams, or even had a better season than him overall last year, she/he is mentally ill IMB.

Glad to see you subscribe to the ‘State of Mind’ initiative (not)

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 18 Nov 2018, 12:52

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

The Wigan wingers are better than the Castleford Wingers too, and that includes Eden! Jeez. I mean I know some cas fans fail to see the bigger picture, but it’s obvious.

Trueman had a good year, yes, by the way.
I thought I was on my own thinking Williams is far in front of Trueman but it’s fair to say he is young and he should develop into a top player but at the moment Williams is far the better player

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Nov 2018, 13:10

Before anyone has a pop at others regards Williams or Trueman just look at who it was that said Trueman is/was better. Then look at how many agree?

All entitled to our views so don’t read too much into one persons view. :dance: :dance: :dance:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Nov 2018, 13:41

Il be disappointed if trueman not a lot better than Williams in two or three years he's a kid I think could be special...but obviously not at Williams level yet
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 18 Nov 2018, 14:29

It's a bit harsh trying to judge trueman against George Williams who regardless of what people think of him he's a international quality half back, truey could well develop into one himself. He now has to overcome second season syndrome which I'm confident he will given he's a quiet level headed young man. Outstanding talent

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 18 Nov 2018, 14:36

John wrote:
gateman wrote:Wigan produce their talent and give them a chance to prove themselves , last year we let two of our under 19s internationals go for one reason or the other, both will feature this year in Leeds and Warrington colours , would Trueman had is chance with out our long injurie list may be NOT
Your spot on johnson went as dp said he would never play super league had the lads in tears as for mc cleland as i think you are refering too dont rate the lad had a bad season for the 19s he always wants to be the 1 in fav but trueman took that roll and he was not happy yes played for England but not very good apart from his drop goal won the game but dont mean he had a good game the lad might come good but i have my doughts the only 1st team players not to get a chance this year with numbers was ashton and oneill ashton cant see him ever playing for cas as for oneill a very different story do not know why cas have not revieled the lad sign 1 year and been told thats the best deal for him as he dont want to be like gill and douglas not getting a chance we have to trust in our youth or pack in the u19s
Agree with all the above in particular about mclelland,holds himself in very high esteem yet hasn't backed it up from the age of 15 yet he's one of the in crowd regards his agent, IMO he was 3rd best half back for the 19s in 2017 and he knew it that's why he got out when the opportunity to union came up as he hated not been first choice.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Nov 2018, 21:54

All I will say to compare is that Trueman scored more tries than Williams and almost as many assists playing in a side without a recognised full back, and no half back partner for the majority of the season. Williams meanwhile did and had players like Tomkins and Leuluai around him.

If he’s that good now, how good will he be in a few years.

I think Williams is a decent player but I have seen nothing in recent years to suggest he’s as good as made out to be. He was better 2 seasons ago IMO. So yeah, I think Trueman had a better season last year because he showed maturity beyond his years, led with leadership and ability, and put in some quality performances to boot. I did say that he would have to back it up but if I was as “biased” as being claimed, I wouldn’t have named only 3/4 players as being better.

PS, to talk about mental illness like that is sick to be honest. Having a differing opinion doesn’t make someone mentally ill - you shouldn’t trivialise something which is serious. The latest in a series of quite frankly, disgusting posts.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 18 Nov 2018, 23:03

You have also had your fair share of posts having a go at people Hudds so don’t give it the I am holier than though cr*p. You don’t like it when people do it to you so don’t dish it out.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2018, 23:10

Sorry talking about mental illness like this is totally out of order.
Can the Administrators sort please

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Nov 2018, 23:27

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:You have also had your fair share of posts having a go at people Hudds so don’t give it the I am holier than though cr*p. You don’t like it when people do it to you so don’t dish it out.
I never resort to personal insults. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if we disagree. You will see that no matter who it is, I remain civil - see recent conversations with Robbo.

That’s the difference. I have a go at people who resort to insults, bullying and making derogatory comments about others, whether that be myself or others.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

PSTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PSTiger » 19 Nov 2018, 00:36

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Sorry talking about mental illness like this is totally out of order.
Can the Administrators sort please
They won’t, Mysterio constantly bullies Hudds but nothing gets said

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Nov 2018, 00:45

chill out children we KO of with Kieran Gil thread, then a few on here want to hijack the thread with personal comments , lets get back to the subject

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Nov 2018, 08:59

Sorry. This is a line in the sand for me.
Quite honestly I’m not that interested in the Gill discussion nor in throwing personal insults about.
I’m one of the longest users of this site but I can’t post on a site which condones those sorts of comments about mental illness which is no different to making inappropriate remarks about race, physical disability, sexuality etc
I’m hoping that this is just a case of the Administrators not having picked this up over the weekend. If it stays on I’m done.
Hoping it doesn’t come to that but if it does, thanks for the banter including with you Alf Old friend.

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 19 Nov 2018, 09:09

Getting a bit sad now. This thread is driving me nuts. I'd be crazy to carry on reading it.
All things said in every day life. Throw away coments that aren't meant to trivialise mental illness but people use. Think people are reading much more into the coment than there actually is. And before people start mental illness runs in my wife's family so I know what it's like.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Nov 2018, 09:17

derkster wrote:Getting a bit sad now. This thread is driving me nuts. I'd be crazy to carry on reading it.
All things said in every day life. Throw away coments that aren't meant to trivialise mental illness but people use. Think people are reading much more into the coment than there actually is. And before people start mental illness runs in my wife's family so I know what it's like.
That the way of the world these days mate
I can only speak for myself but if I didn't want to come on here anymore id just stop coming on not make a big announcement this is going to be my last post and all that nonsense
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Nov 2018, 10:02

derkster wrote:Getting a bit sad now. This thread is driving me nuts. I'd be crazy to carry on reading it.
Agree tbh I read the comment and thought no more about it. Whilst it wasn't the right way to go about things I don't think that there was in malice and says more about the poster than who it might affect.

We definitely live in a over sensitive world God knows how some folk would have coped in a working industry back in the 70/80s.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Nov 2018, 10:23

End of day it's a forum people fall out and people go too far most on here are cas fans and if you met in boot room you'd have a laugh and talk about cas...
Vince Lombardi